PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on World Series photo for gift.

Harry Chappas
12-12-2005, 05:23 PM
My Dad has hinted that he would like some sort of memorabilia to remember the World Series by. Given his age, a jersey or hat is sort of "out." I think a photo, autographed, would be the best gift because he can hang it in his office.

Looking around online, I've found the ultimate photo: the signed, team celebration, photo, but it's cost prohibitive ($1500-$2000). So I'm left trying to pick between the Juan Uribe-last-out, the Juan-Uribe-diving-into-the stands, the Bobby Jenks-picking-up-A.J.-on-the-mound and then misc. other photos, including Pods game two HR, Blum's HR, and Crede's. Any suggestions?

DaBears
12-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Where are you thinking of buying from?? I have been keeping an aye on steiner sports via the web. Every day they have some decent sales, but I think they are a little bit overpriced. Curious if you had other viable options.

mweflen
12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Sicne you live in Logan Square (and not like Montana or something), I would recommend heading down to Grandstand to see what they have for sale at the store. Not that you have to get something there, but you can get a feel for what's out there.

Harry Chappas
12-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I've also been looking at Steiner and also Schwartz. Some of the stuff on eBay looks okay, but I'm not sure I would trust them. I'll let you know if I run across any other good sources.

illini23
12-12-2005, 06:49 PM
I was just at Grandstand today. They have a framed picture of the opening game of the World Series with both teams lined up. The borders have all the White Soxs signatures and 4 pins embedded into the bottom. It was $350 and they had two left. Maybe thats an option for you. :D: