PDA

View Full Version : Paulino Reynoso

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-12-2005, 04:45 PM
I heard his name mentioned that he has a shot at making the White Sox roster as the team's second lefty. Could you guys give me some info on him, since I'm not too familiar with him.

kwolf68
12-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Well the little I know about him.

Good arm, Lefty. I think he's 24 or 25. Was in AA last year I think, with mixed results.

What makes Reynoso attractive is he can push the radar to around 92-94 and he has a top notch slider. Control is an issue although its coming around.

Honestly? I think he's a poor mans Damaso Marte and I think he even has the head case issues to go with it, although some one in the know can help more.

Between Reynoso and Munoz, this is the guy I hope makes it because I think he has better stuff. Still a long shot...Dude has never pitched above AA I don't think and we are looking at him to join the staff of the World Champs. He better be sharp in March to get the call in my view.

whitesoxglenn
01-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Between Reynoso, Munoz, Bentz, Steven Randolph (former Diamondback) and Javier Lopez (formerly of the Rockies), Javier Lopez has the best chance, as Lopez is a submariner who is seen as a Mike Myers type of pitcher who can get a lefty or two out...but don't have him pitch to righthanders! His ERA with the Rockies was in the 3s, better than Randolph, whose ERA was in the 4s, around 4.4 for the Diamondbacks.

KRS1
01-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Between Reynoso, Munoz, Bentz, Steven Randolph (former Diamondback) and Javier Lopez (formerly of the Rockies), Javier Lopez has the best chance, as Lopez is a submariner who is seen as a Mike Myers type of pitcher who can get a lefty or two out...but don't have him pitch to righthanders! His ERA with the Rockies was in the 3s, better than Randolph, whose ERA was in the 4s, around 4.4 for the Diamondbacks.

Of all these guys, Lopez is the last person I want to see make the team. He is as close to impossible to watch as it gets. Twice I saw him pitch in person with the D-Backs and both times he was the definition of terrible. My friend down here who loves all things Arizona, went bat**** the first time he started warming up in the pen because,"this guys blows ******* ****," according to him. I never saw him pitch before those two times, but man was he god awful. I'm sure someone will emerge as a good candidate for the role, for the most part the guys we have competing right now are known for their above average fastball and severe lack of control(Bentz, Randolph, Reynoso, and Malone from the left, and Redding and Tracey as righties). I have complete faith in Coop being able to right one of the bunch enough to have a quality bullpen arm.

Banix12
01-27-2006, 12:13 AM

I'm beginning to lean toward Bentz myself.

White Sox Randy
01-27-2006, 10:35 AM
We clearly do not have a 2nd lefty reliever that deserves to make this team. The Sox are just taking a chance for now and they're going to hope to find someone that doesn't suck - but don't count on anyone flourishing in the role.

maurice
01-27-2006, 11:37 AM
IMO, the favorite is Munoz, but I'll take whoever is most willing to throw strikes consistently. Some of these guys have a very spotty history in that department. The last thing we need is for the manager to bring a pitcher in to face only one lefty batter and have him walk the guy. I've seen enough of that to last a lifetime.

Ol' No. 2
01-27-2006, 11:55 AM
IMO, the favorite is Munoz, but I'll take whoever is most willing to throw strikes consistently. Some of these guys have a very spotty history in that department. The last thing we need is for the manager to bring a pitcher in to face only one lefty batter and have him walk the guy. I've seen enough of that to last a lifetime.:kmarte:kelly Why are you looking at us?

maurice
01-27-2006, 12:12 PM
:kmarte:kelly Why are you looking at us?

Don't forget the short-lived but aptly-named Kevin Walker: 5 BB in only 7 IP.

Ol' No. 2
01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Don't forget the short-lived but aptly-named Kevin Walker: 5 BB in only 7 IP.He was being squeezed.

KRS1
01-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Kind of off on a tangent here, but does anyone here know where I can get minor league pitchers split stats?

tacosalbarojas
02-14-2006, 01:51 PM
IMO, the favorite is Munoz, but I'll take whoever is most willing to throw strikes consistently. Some of these guys have a very spotty history in that department. The last thing we need is for the manager to bring a pitcher in to face only one lefty batter and have him walk the guy. I've seen enough of that to last a lifetime.I agreed with you in thinking Arnie had the inside track until Ozzie said his piece on Munoz at Soxfest. Judging from those comments about needing guts from Ozzie, Munoz has some work to do. We'll see what happens. This situation along with monitoring our health are the watchpoints for spring training.

DaleJRFan
02-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Kind of off on a tangent here, but does anyone here know where I can get minor league pitchers split stats?

www.thebaseballcube.com (http://www.thebaseballcube.com)