PDA

View Full Version : Wade Miller

getonbckthr
12-12-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm not saying trade for this guy and make him our #5 starter. However what about dealing a prospect or 2 to Boston. Maybe Willie Harris or Borchard and another prospect. Boston has an overload of pitching right now, and they have no where for this guy to go. The sox have a good history of taking on guys who get injured and rejuvinating their careers. Also if we could get Miller right the thought of losing Garland next season won't be as upsetting. Miller is currently only 29 yrs old.

CHIsoxNation
12-12-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm not saying trade for this guy and make him our #5 starter. However what about dealing a prospect or 2 to Boston. Maybe Willie Harris or Borchard and another prospect. Boston has an overload of pitching right now, and they have no where for this guy to go. The sox have a good history of taking on guys who get injured and rejuvinating their careers. Also if we could get Miller right the thought of losing Garland next season won't be as upsetting. Miller is currently only 29 yrs old.

I'll pass. I'll take Cotts or someone from the farm before Miller.

getonbckthr
12-12-2005, 02:46 PM
I'll pass. I'll take Cotts or someone from the farm before Miller.
I value Cotts as much as Wagner or Ryan as far as bullpen lefties. Moving him back to the rotation would be a mistake.

CHIsoxNation
12-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I value Cotts as much as Wagner or Ryan as far as bullpen lefties. Moving him back to the rotation would be a mistake.

I think he is a great left handed set up guy with possible closer potential but there is no need when you have Jenks anchoring bullpen. If the Sox aren't able to bring in another lefty or two for the pen by next year I don't think it would be a bad idea to see if Cotts can stick it out again in the starting roll.

Just from what I've read and the little I've seen, I think Cotts could make a pretty good starting pitcher in the majors. He's only been in the pen for a couple years now, I don't know how you can value him as much as someone like Wagner who throws closer too 100mph and is a closer.

getonbckthr
12-12-2005, 03:01 PM
I like a future of Politte(31, 32 in Feb), Cotts(25 will be 26) and Jenks( 24 will be 25). That solidifies the 7th-9th innings. Makes our starters better cause they will know they don't have to go 8 innings to get wins.

Fenway
12-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Boston has an overload of pitching right now.

We have a WHAT?

Schilling a huge question mark
Beckett it is said has an ugly MRI
Arroyo (shrug)
Wakefield ( lots of innings)
Wells is demanding a trade
Clement? please refer to ALDS Game 1

getonbckthr
12-12-2005, 03:08 PM
We have a WHAT?

Arroyo (shrug)
So you trade Wells. You guys are talking with Rocket, isn't Papelbon the 2nd coming??

Fenway
12-12-2005, 03:11 PM
So you trade Wells. You guys are talking with Rocket, isn't Papelbon the 2nd coming??

he looks like the real thing but the landfill has many the next Cy Youngs in it

Flight #24
12-12-2005, 03:18 PM
We have a WHAT?

Arroyo (shrug)

Yeah, that's like the "expert" who talked about the Yankees dealing from their "surplus of starting pitchers"....:?:

munchman33
12-12-2005, 03:21 PM
If they'd bite on an El Duque plus prospects deal for Miller, I'd bite. Make Miller the long man. Otherwise, no way.

Banix12
12-12-2005, 04:16 PM
It's hard to say how much this guy has in the tank. I wouldn't really want to give him much more than a spring training invite or a AAA contract where he could build up arm strength kind of thing.

churlish
12-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Boston has an overload of pitching right now Someone's been watching too much ESPN.

Ol' No. 2
12-12-2005, 04:45 PM
We have a WHAT?

Arroyo (shrug)
Clement? please refer to ALDS Game 1He didn't say GOOD pitchers.:redneck

caulfield12
12-12-2005, 04:52 PM
We have a WHAT?

Arroyo (shrug)

If Beckett goes Mike Sirotka bad, I wonder how long it will take for that deal to get rescinded? Did he already pass his first physical, and how?

Arroyo is a 5, Wakefield a 4-5....Clement is very solid if he pitches like he did with the Cubs in 2003. If you have to replace Wells and you do not know what you are getting out of Beckett and Schilling, you have to hold onto Miller for now. That is too many question marks...then you throw in Papelbon.

Ideally, Clement comes around so you can get some value for him if and when you deal him, if that is the direction they are heading.

You know what you are getting with Wakefield-Arroyo-Miller, but anything is possible with David Wells, Schilling, Beckett and Papelbon. Is everyone leaving Beantown, lol?