PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Plan

sox1970
12-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know when the 13 game package goes on sale? The web site has said "Available in December" for several weeks, but wondered if there are any insiders here that know the exact date?

Etownsox13
12-12-2005, 12:15 PM
I called the sox a couple weeks ago, and they told me mid-december...I would guess probably sometime this week

Shakey Bonez
12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
I think they go on sale today. My girlfriend works in sales and was saying what a busy week they have ahead.

nasox
12-12-2005, 01:16 PM
I think they go on sale today. My girlfriend works in sales and was saying what a busy week they have ahead.

have any basis for that? Real basis?

mikesouthside
12-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Just got off the phone w/ my rep...(3:15 pm)...said be looking for an email if you were a past ozzie/minnie ticket holder sometime THIS WEEK..(Wed/Thurs)...it will let you start ordering online. Then after that open to new customers. Take it for what it's worth, hope he's telling me the truth.

brick1119
12-12-2005, 05:02 PM
This is what I got in an email a few minutes ago. Looks like the same info you just got so that should confirm things.

The Ozzie Plan is scheduled to be made available this Wednesday to individuals who had either the 9 Game Minnie Plan or the 13 game Ozzie Plan last season. An email will go out to all those customers with instructions on how to purchase it. The plan will then be offered to new customers shortly after the presale; likely Friday or next Monday. Please continue to visit whitesox.com until an official on-sale date is announced. The 9 Game Minnie Plan will not be available.

No premium lower box, premium club level, or club level seats are available for any of the ticket plans. Premium upper box is sold out for the Double Play Plan.

Looks like it should be a packed house all year. Not that I care. :redneck

comet2k
12-12-2005, 05:44 PM
FYI. I notice that now you can find out online which rows/seats are available for full season tickets and the two 27-game plans. That should give you an idea of what will still be available for the Ozzie Plan.

itsnotrequired
12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
It appears as if full-seaon ticket holders can already purchase the Ozzie plans. Can anyone confirm this?

chisoxmike
12-12-2005, 07:34 PM
It appears as if full-seaon ticket holders can already purchase the Ozzie plans. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, exisiting season ticket holders can now purchase the ozzie plan through their account on whitesox.com. It's much eaiser to do this year too.:bandance:

itsnotrequired
12-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Yes, exisiting season ticket holders can now purchase the ozzie plan through their account on whitesox.com. It's much eaiser to do this year too.:bandance:

I saw that through my account but was afraid to pick the games and click "purchase". The last thing I need right now are more tickets.:tongue:

itsnotrequired
12-14-2005, 11:34 AM
In case anyone forgot, Ozzie plans go on sale in less than a half-hour.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_home.htmI?l=EN#4

Etownsox13
12-14-2005, 11:59 AM
In case anyone forgot, Ozzie plans go on sale in less than a half-hour.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_home.htmI?l=EN#4

link doesn't work :(:

OzzyTrain
12-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Anyone have a working link ?

itsnotrequired
12-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Try these:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_planlist.htmI?l=EN&CNTX=&team=whitesox&catID=4&egID=1

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_home.htmI?l=EN

Etownsox13
12-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Much better thamks

itsnotrequired
12-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Much better thamks

No sweat. With the way season tickets have been flying off the shelves, I figure that those purchasing an Ozzie Plan would want to jump on it right away. I wonder why the link isn't displayed on whitesox.com?:dunno:

Sad
12-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Ozzie plans are a little bit different this year as you can select game-to-game where you'd like to sit... but some games are not even available...

Also, you HAVE to pick a CUBS game, last year you could pick an alternative. I only want to hit one of these so it looks like 1 Ozzie plan for me and about 6-8 single games when they go onsale...

Sad
12-14-2005, 02:46 PM
I lied...
I bought 2 like I was aimin' on...

OzzyTrain
12-14-2005, 02:47 PM
I was going to buy them, until I saw what seats they wanted to give me fore upper deck. So I bought this instead.

Just bought my tickets
2006 Double-Play Plan (27 game )
Various Dates

Total Ticket(s):
Total:

$1972.00

komando
12-14-2005, 04:04 PM
bought my ozzie plan today and I got the "Your white sox ticket purchase was successful" email, but it only charged me for one game? Will they bill the rest later or did something get screwed up?

juggalomike
12-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I also just bought a ozzie plan!!!:supernana:

BeefyD
12-14-2005, 06:36 PM
bought my ozzie plan today and I got the "Your white sox ticket purchase was successful" email, but it only charged me for one game? Will they bill the rest later or did something get screwed up?

I only got charged for 9!?!?!

komando
12-14-2005, 06:42 PM
I only got charged for 9!?!?!

Ok, I just got off the phone with John Margelewski a ticket rep, ticketmaster has screwed up a few orders and they are working to fix it, unfortunately they lost all the games I picked so i had to try and recall from memory, but he was real nice and took care of it promptly. So if your order came in way too cheap, call a rep, because your plan did not take.

BeefyD
12-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the info. I sent an email before to the "default sales rep", but I'll call on my way home.

C-Dawg
12-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Also, you HAVE to pick a CUBS game, last year you could pick an alternative. ..

I wondered that too. Last year I chose a Cub game but decided I'd take a pass this year. Heck I don't mind choosing an extra April game (I always manage to get those 40-degree rainy night games in April LOL).

Actually I wouldn't mind missing the Opening Week game either since one is a Sunday night and the others are weekday games - if they let me choose 3 "regular" weekend April games I'm fine with it. I'll have to call tomorrow if no one knows for sure.

TornLabrum
12-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I wasn't able to get online to purchase my Ozzie plan until a couple of hours ago. Last year I had no problems getting lower deck boxes. This year I was only able to get them for a couple of games. That's what a World Series win will do, and I have no problem with it...except the Sox got less of my money than they did last year.

itsnotrequired
12-14-2005, 10:43 PM
I wasn't able to get online to purchase my Ozzie plan until a couple of hours ago. Last year I had no problems getting lower deck boxes. This year I was only able to get them for a couple of games. That's what a World Series win will do, and I have no problem with it...except the Sox got less of my money than they did last year.

It is insane. Since the option to purchase season sickets went "online", it is interesting to track how the seats change. There isn't too much left in Lower Box, even for those looking to purchase full-season. Seems like tickets for Cubs game (via the Ozzie plan) are starting in 506 and working their way down the line. At noon it was row one; I just checked it and it is in row six.

tebman
12-15-2005, 06:29 AM
I dived into the Ozzie-Plan pool and got two tickets for 13 assorted games, which are in 13 widely-assorted seat locations. Lower-deck choices are pretty thin but I thought that might happen -- you know, World Series winners and all. :cool:

Got an on-line receipt, confirmation number, and an e-mail confirmation from the Sox. I guess I'm in. Ah, it's gonna be a whole lotta fun at ballpark next year! Merry Christmas to all of us!

Sad
12-15-2005, 07:30 AM
I was going to buy them, until I saw what seats they wanted to give me fore upper deck. So I bought this instead.

Just bought my tickets
2006 Double-Play Plan (27 game )
Various Dates

Total Ticket(s):
Total:

$1972.00

most of my Ozzie plan seats are Sec. 522 Rows 13/14
Got about 5-6 games in 100/101
then the Cubs/Red Sox ones in the Bob Uecker section (506)

didn't like the lower box sections they offered- too far down the line(s) for me...

you folks that mentioned your order was lower than expected / wasn't processed, I'm assuming you didn't get an email confirmation then from TM? Everything seemed to go through ok for me...

komando
12-15-2005, 09:39 AM
I did recieve an email confirmation from TM but it was for only one game not the whole plan, they were supposed to charge me for the rest last night but it hasn't gone through yet, who knows. Also to make up for the screw up they let me pick any game instead of the ozzie plan wednesday game, so I got my elvis night tix early.

onesox
12-15-2005, 01:13 PM
going to purchase this plan as well.....have a question, If I buy this through ticketmaster will I also get all those "Ticketmaster charges" or because it is a ticket plan is the cost just the price of the tickets? If there are Ticketmaster charges what is the price range of damage on that?

manuelsucks
12-15-2005, 02:15 PM
There was a $13 convience charge for the total purchase, for me at least. I didn't think that was too bad for buying 13 games and all the stuff, like the White Sox Account Manage that comes with it... a fair charge.

Fake Chet Lemon
12-15-2005, 02:23 PM
I just jumped in on an Ozzie plan. Unless you want to attend any midweek "get a way" day games, no tickets available downstairs.

NU Nish 13
12-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Do you guys think that any games (excluding Cubs, which are never available for individual sale) will sell out through the Ozzie plan before individual games go on sale on January 27th? It already looks like slim pickings. As a college student, I don't think I can afford to lay down 500 dollars or so right now...so I really hope I don't get screwed out of a lot of the games I really want to go to...also, I feel like the seats that are available under the Ozzie plan may not actually be representative of the best available...Do you think that better seats for some of these games may be released when ind. tickets do go on sale?

itsnotrequired
12-15-2005, 04:14 PM
also, I feel like the seats that are available under the Ozzie plan may not actually be representative of the best available...Do you think that better seats for some of these games may be released when ind. tickets do go on sale?

The Sox are still "holding" better seats and are trying to sell them as full or split season packages. They will hold onto these as long as they can (as they would obviously have someone buying 81 or even 27 games vs. 13). If season ticket sales drop off dramatically, I could forsee them opening up more tickets for Ozzie plans. I wouldn't bet on that though. With the way tickets are moving, Ozzie plans will eat up a lot of what's left. Season ticket holders will also gobble up a bunch of good seats in the couple days before single-game tickets go on sale.

Once January 27th rolls around, all bets are off.

heartslasher
12-15-2005, 04:26 PM
I called the sox a couple weeks ago, and they told me mid-december...I would guess probably sometime this week

wow! you really have that pin-pointed~ :D:

Fake Chet Lemon
12-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Brooks Boyer said at SoxFest last year that he would look to use the Cubs series as an inducement to get people into season ticket packages. He said he had to maximize all his resources to get Kenny all the money possible. So if you wait for single game tickets to go on sale, the picking for that series will be slim or none.

SoxFan78
12-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Brooks Boyer said at SoxFest last year that he would look to use the Cubs series as an inducement to get people into season ticket packages. He said he had to maximize all his resources to get Kenny all the money possible. So if you wait for single game tickets to go on sale, the picking for that series will be slim or none.

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't the Cubs series not available when single tickets go on sale?

HITMEN OF 77
12-15-2005, 04:45 PM
When do they mail out the ticket packages to you?

C-Dawg
12-15-2005, 05:18 PM
The only thing I don't like is - I DON'T want tickets to the Cubs game, but the Ticketmaster software won't let me complete the purchase until I've chosen a Cubs game! I tried various combinations of choosing an extra April game instead of a Cubs game, but no dice...

You'd think they'd be delighted to sell me an additional April game! Especially since the Cub game will sell out for sure, but a cold, dark night game in April?

itsnotrequired
12-15-2005, 05:27 PM
The only thing I don't like is - I DON'T want tickets to the Cubs game, but the Ticketmaster software won't let me complete the purchase until I've chosen a Cubs game! I tried various combinations of choosing an extra April game instead of a Cubs game, but no dice...

You'd think they'd be delighted to sell me an additional April game! Especially since the Cub game will sell out for sure, but a cold, dark night game in April?

Contact a ticket rep. They might be able to work something out.

Soxzilla
12-15-2005, 05:30 PM
I spoke to my rep this afternoon. All tix packages will be mailed out the First week of March.

chisoxfanatic
12-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Why wouldn't people want tickets to the Cub games? The more Sox fans there, the less Cub fans there! It's as simple as that.

Etownsox13
12-15-2005, 07:13 PM
I scraped together the dough to get an Ozzie Plan (Me being a college student and all)

I Can't wait :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

also, i found that there actually are still some decent lower deck seats to be had for some games (mostly during the week) for example i got tix for the July 3rd 1/2 price fireworks night in section 115 row 10. Definately not bad. Also...there are lower reserved and bleachers for almost every game (exception of Cubs games, opening day, yankees, etc.) But even the Houston series had lower reserved seats.

Anyhow...I can't wait...I'm so pumped...lets start the season already.

Hendu
12-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Just bought mine. :bandance:

I got 2 seats....still some pretty decent tickets left for weekday games.

Roof Shot
12-15-2005, 08:26 PM
At the rate these tickets are going...we may never even get to see what a green seat looks like...

itsnotrequired
12-15-2005, 10:26 PM
At the rate these tickets are going...we may never even get to see what a green seat looks like...

No doubt. Opening Day tickets started in Section 506, Row 1, Seat 1. It is already up to Row 15, Seat 7. Not too shabby for less than 36 hours of sales and extra impressive when you consider there isn't even a direct link from whitesox.com.

Plenty of good seats remain for the Wednesday, April 19 game against the Royals.:cool:

Sad
12-16-2005, 08:05 AM

I thought the exact same thing... :rolleyes:
you could select an alternative April game last year

Sad
12-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Why wouldn't people want tickets to the Cub games? The more Sox fans there, the less Cub fans there! It's as simple as that.

I purchased 2 Ozzie plans but only want to attend ONE Cubs game...
oh well, those'll be easy tickets to unload...

itsnotrequired
12-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Ozzie Plan is now linked off of whitesox.com

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/index.jsp

Tickets should really start moving now...

nevr say dye sox
12-16-2005, 09:56 AM
I went on stubhub.com and my seats for opening day are going for $300/per seat. Imagine how much they will be once all the Ozzie plans are sold.:dtroll:

jabrch
12-16-2005, 09:59 AM

Take the Cubs tickets...you will be able to easily trade them for other games at a 3:1 ratio.

nasox
12-16-2005, 10:15 AM
What was the thing with the Ozzie Plans? Somebody said earlier that if you missed a game you could get tickets to a future game? Is this true? I don't really remember.

nasox
12-16-2005, 10:16 AM
I went on stubhub.com and my seats for opening day are going for $300/per seat. Imagine how much they will be once all the Ozzie plans are sold.:dtroll:

:?: I wouldn't talk about ticket scalping. Against the board rules.

And against rules of being cool.

NU Nish 13
12-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Wow these things are moving...I've been trying to put in requests for the past hour and apparently the system is still too "busy at this time to process my request"

CHIsoxNation
12-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Wow these things are moving...I've been trying to put in requests for the past hour and apparently the system is still too "busy at this time to process my request"

I've been getting the same thing. And almost all of the tickets I am getting are upper deck.

nevr say dye sox
12-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Rod Blagovich passed a law allowing ticket scalping. Its no longer illegal as long as your so many feet away from the stadium.

lizard6king6
12-16-2005, 11:02 AM

Got the same message, owell.... I really dont have the money to buy em anyhow, maybe its some kind of sign.....Plan or no plan Ill be going to tons of games anyhow

lizard6king6
12-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Rod Blagovich passed a law allowing ticket scalping. Its no longer illegal as long as your so many feet away from the stadium.

When did this happen?? Someone else told me this as well, when did that go into affect. just curious

nevr say dye sox
12-16-2005, 11:06 AM
last year I think at the start of the season.

nevr say dye sox
12-16-2005, 11:12 AM
June 12th, 2005was the date it was signed

itsnotrequired
12-16-2005, 11:13 AM
When did this happen?? Someone else told me this as well, when did that go into affect. just curious

Went into effect in June but applies only to Internet auction sites, in-state Internet sites, and not for profit or charitable auctions. Simply "demanding" a price isn't acceptable.

All of this is moot anyway since selling tickets above face value at WSI is a no-no.

ewokpelts
12-16-2005, 11:23 AM
What was the thing with the Ozzie Plans? Somebody said earlier that if you missed a game you could get tickets to a future game? Is this true? I don't really remember.it's a benefit given to 27/81 game holders......
i had an ozzie and minne plan last year(in addition to my 27 game plan), and i had no problems exchanging my unused minnie/ozzie tix.....but i did exchange them with unused 27 game tix too...
Gene

ewokpelts
12-16-2005, 11:26 AM

You'd think they'd be delighted to sell me an additional April game! Especially since the Cub game will sell out for sure, but a cold, dark night game in April?give them a call at 312-674-5330...i'm sure they'll try and accomodate your request
Gene

daveeym
12-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Just ponied up for the double play package. 2 seats Best available section 155 row 26.

CHIsoxNation
12-16-2005, 12:06 PM
I just picked up the Ozzie plan. I wish I was able to get one of the split season packages but nobody felt like forking up the money with me. Oh well, hopefully I can still make it to some post season games this year.

BeefyD
12-16-2005, 12:40 PM
That's the way it is for me, too. There's three of us (myself, my brother and my buddy) and 2 out of the 3 (me and my buddy) wanted the 27 game plan. My brother was the anchor of that ship saying he couldn't afford double the Ozzie plan.

Scotty347
12-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Wow - just checked out getting an Ozzie plan to supplement my season tickets.

On all 13 games the best seats they would sell me would be Upper Reserved for most and Upped Deck Box for a few.

I imagine they are still holding some tickets back for season ticket orders, but still impressive.

Also noticed that you can buy full season packages completely online. Too bad they didn't have this right after the World Series, would have sold a ton. You get that "impulse shopper" as well. Vert nice.

Law11
12-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Well I went in on on Ozzie Plan for 2.. After looking how much I spent on Stub Hub for great seats last year (12 games) I had to be nuts to do that again...
Avg purchase was about $95 per game...

Ticketmaster was a breeze...

Got all Lower reserved seats for mostly Friday night and a few Sat games.
I like the 7:30 start time for Fridays..

Skipped the Bos and NY series. Nosebleed seats, no thanks.

feeling good...

redsand22
12-16-2005, 03:50 PM

You'd think they'd be delighted to sell me an additional April game! Especially since the Cub game will sell out for sure, but a cold, dark night game in April?I did the 27game weekend package and would gladly switch one of those with you if you have to get the cubs tickets. Thanks!

ryan2r@yahoo.com

bobbythigpen
12-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Long time lurker....

Just bought an Ozzie plan to split with my dad. He's in Peoria, I'm in Milwaukee, so we took all weekend games. For the games we took, there was nothing left in the lower level. Except in the corners, there was also nothing in the first 15 or so rows of the upper deck. And only singles available for opening night. Good thing we already have tickets for that!

bobbythigpen
12-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Not much left in the lower deck for any saturday/sunday games. I just bought an Ozzie plan to split with my dad (he lives in Peoria, me in Milwaukee, so we had to do weekends). Lots of seats in the 530s, rows 15-20. Should be great fun!

TheDarkGundam
12-16-2005, 08:42 PM
my dad just ordered an Ozzie plan for me and him. We got all upper deck seats, but hey, I'll be at game 2 seeing the rings! I can't wait!

lizard6king6
12-17-2005, 12:03 PM
You can no longer get opening day tickets through the ozzie plan, not even a single ticket. They must be holding tickets for those who get full season tickets and the split seasono tickets. Are there amy specific details what wil be happening during the first 3 home opener games? Rings, flag, guest?

itsnotrequired
12-17-2005, 12:37 PM
You can no longer get opening day tickets through the ozzie plan, not even a single ticket. They must be holding tickets for those who get full season tickets and the split seasono tickets. Are there amy specific details what wil be happening during the first 3 home opener games? Rings, flag, guest?

There are still tickets left. The system periodically blocks out that game (it happened yesterday), probably to re-configure the seat offerings. I'm sure they will be available again later today.

lizard6king6
12-17-2005, 02:14 PM
There are still tickets left. The system periodically blocks out that game (it happened yesterday), probably to re-configure the seat offerings. I'm sure they will be available again later today.

Thanks for the info, maybe i still have a chance of getting em but probally not.

The Deacon
12-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Just got my Hit and Run plan (mainly b/c the Ozzie was lacking on the essnential OD) If we would have made up our minds 4 days ago, we could have had 5 sections closer! Argh. At least I'll be in the lower bowl all season.
If anyone with a weekend or Ozzie Plan wants to switch up some seats, I'm all ears!