PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Picture Taken with the World Series Trophy

StillMissOzzie
12-12-2005, 12:52 AM
US Cellular is presenting a trophy tour of the Chicago area for those who couldn't get out to City Hall or Navy Pier recently. Per the USC ad on page 101A of the Sunday Sun-Times, you can get your picture taken with the World Series Champions trophy. Bring yourself, your own camera and a $10 (cash only) donation to Chicago White Sox Charities to these US Cellular locations on the dates shown. No word on what time of day, though, but says more details available at www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com):

Date____ Location
12/12/05 30 N. LaSalle, Chicago
12/14/05 3019 N. Clark, Chicago (deep in enemy territory-guard that trophy!)
12/16/05 30 N. LaSalle, Chicago
12/17/05 1612 S. Randall Rd, Algonquin
12/18/05 3034 W. IL Route 60, Mundelein
12/19/05 2820 W. Armitage, Chicago
12/21/05 4616 N. Clark, Chicago (again deep in enemy territory!)
12/26/05 348-130 W. Army Trail Rd., Bloomingdale
12/28/05 13211 S. Cicero, Crestwood
12/30/05 7464 S. Cicero, Bedford Park

SMO
:gulp:

HomeFish
12-12-2005, 01:15 AM
You could have done it for free at city hall. Or is it not in a glass case?

RadioheadRocks
12-12-2005, 01:18 AM
You could have done it for free at city hall. Or is it not in a glass case?

It was in a plexiglass case at city hall. I'm thinking they may have it set up like they had it at the Sox Pride DVD premiere (on table, no plexiglass and in front of a blue World Series 05 press conference backdrop). Had mine taken there (stood in line about 40 minutes but I guess it was included in the ticket price), but as long at the proceeds are going to charity I wouldn't have a problem with the $10 donation.

The Critic
12-12-2005, 03:38 AM
I don't like that blue strip that ends up between you and the trophy in the pictures. If there are four guys protecting the trophy, AND you're shelling out 10 bucks, can't they at least let you stand next to the thing?
I got a picture with the Stanley Cup a few years ago for $5 ( for charity ) at the United Center ( I guess they had to figure out SOME way to get the Cup in that building ) and the only rule was that you couldn't touch it. You could put your hand right behind it to appear as though you were touching it, which is what I did. There was no "police line" around the Cup, just a few "caretakers" standing near it.
Had I known the Cup was there, I wouldn't have worn my ugly orange Flyers road jersey. Oh well....still love that picture.....

ChiSoxIn06
12-12-2005, 08:05 AM
Kick ass its coming out west...I'll be sure to see it when its in bloomingdale.

Hitmen77
12-12-2005, 09:19 AM
This was already discussed in another thread, but it seems like most of these locations are on the North Side and very few in areas that actually have more Sox fans like the South Side, south suburbs, DuPage Co., and none in places like Orland Park or Naperville.

Instead, they have the trophy on display at two locations within walking distance of the Urinal. :o:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63543&page=2

Hangar18
12-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Date____ Location
12/12/05 30 N. LaSalle, Chicago
12/14/05 3019 N. Clark, Chicago (deep in enemy territory-guard that trophy!)
12/16/05 30 N. LaSalle, Chicago
12/17/05 1612 S. Randall Rd, Algonquin
12/18/05 3034 W. IL Route 60, Mundelein
12/19/05 2820 W. Armitage, Chicago
12/21/05 4616 N. Clark, Chicago (again deep in enemy territory!)
12/26/05 348-130 W. Army Trail Rd., Bloomingdale
12/28/05 13211 S. Cicero, Crestwood
12/30/05 7464 S. Cicero, Bedford Park

This just in .......... will also be here:
12/31/05 1060 W. Addison

Hangar18
12-12-2005, 09:44 AM
This was already discussed in another thread, but it seems like most of these locations are on the North Side and very few in areas that actually have more Sox fans like the South Side, south suburbs, DuPage Co., and none in places like Orland Park or Naperville.

Instead, they have the trophy on display at two locations within walking distance of the Urinal.

Thats OK. Gives Sheep a look at something they will otherwise NEVER see again

Fenway
12-12-2005, 10:27 AM
I don't like that blue strip that ends up between you and the trophy in the pictures. If there are four guys protecting the trophy, AND you're shelling out 10 bucks, can't they at least let you stand next to the thing?
I got a picture with the Stanley Cup a few years ago for $5 ( for charity ) at the United Center ( I guess they had to figure out SOME way to get the Cup in that building ) and the only rule was that you couldn't touch it. You could put your hand right behind it to appear as though you were touching it, which is what I did. There was no "police line" around the Cup, just a few "caretakers" standing near it.
Had I known the Cup was there, I wouldn't have worn my ugly orange Flyers road jersey. Oh well....still love that picture.....

During the NHL All-Star Game week in Boston 10 years ago Stanley came to the Harvard rink and was next to "The Beanpot" ( college hockey fans know )

There were so few people there the guy from the Hockey Hall of Fame let me pick up Stanley and I couldn't believe how light it was.

Got to get my mug with the White Sox trophy to go with my 2004 pictures

lunchbox
12-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know the times it will be displayed?

mweflen
12-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Is there eventually just going to be a dislpay at Comiskey? Maybe in the Hall of Fame Gift Shop? Or even in the first floor lobby? That seems to make the most sense...

CPditka
12-12-2005, 12:26 PM
I'd venture to say that a large part of the Sox fanbase is in NW Indiana. There needs to be a stop there, not to mention more Southside locations

JorgeFabregas
12-12-2005, 12:32 PM

Instead, they have the trophy on display at two locations within walking distance of the Urinal. :o:

There are plenty of White Sox fans on the north side. I live near one of the furthest north redline stops and there are Sox fans at most every stop all the way to the stadium on the day of game.

GoSox2K3
12-12-2005, 12:46 PM

I hope that trophy doesn't come back to us smelling like the Urinal. :tongue:

skottyj242
12-12-2005, 12:55 PM
During the NHL All-Star Game week in Boston 10 years ago Stanley came to the Harvard rink and was next to "The Beanpot" ( college hockey fans know )

There were so few people there the guy from the Hockey Hall of Fame let me pick up Stanley and I couldn't believe how light it was.

Got to get my mug with the White Sox trophy to go with my 2004 pictures

I got to hold and take pictures with the World Series trophy a couple of weeks ago, I got a picture of me holding it, one of me holding it above my head and another of me kissing it. I couldn't believe how heavy it was. The guy that handed it to me said it weighs a little over thirty pounds.

Law11
12-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Looks to be at U.S. Cellular stores.. See Sox website.
It'll be at Orland Square for a whole 3 hours.

Dec 12 & 16 11 am to 2 pm U.S. Cellular® Loop 30 N. LaSalle
Dec 14 9:30 am Abbott Elementary private event
Dec 14 5 pm to 8 pm U.S. Cellular® Clark & Wellington 3019 N. Clark Street
Dec 17 2 pm to 5 pm U.S. Cellular® Algonquin 1612 S. Randall Road
Dec 18 2 pm to 5 pm U.S. Cellular® Mundelein 3034 W. IL Rt. 60
Dec 19 morning Children's Memorial Hospital private event
Dec 19 5 pm to 8 pm U.S. Cellular® California & Armitage 2820 W. Armitage
Dec 20 TBD White Sox Training Academy Blood Drive 6200 River Bend Drive Lisle, IL
Dec 21 5 pm to 8 pm U.S. Cellular® Clark & Wilson 4616 N. Clark Street
Dec 26 10 am to 12 pm Gaelic Park 6119 W. 147th Street Chicago
Dec 26 5 pm to 8 pm U.S. Cellular® Bloomingdale 348-130 W. Army Trail Rd.
Dec 28 10 am to 1 pm Orland Square Mall W. 151st & S. LaGrange Rd. Orland Park
Dec 28 5 pm to 8 pm U.S. Cellular® Crestwood 13211 S. Cicero Ave
Dec 29 11 am to 2 pm Mayor Daley's Sports Fest McCormick Place, Halls A & B Chicago
Dec 30 11 am to 2 pm U.S. Cellular® Bedford Park 7464 S. Cicero Ave

JackParkman
12-12-2005, 09:11 PM
This just in .......... will also be here:
12/31/05 1060 W. Addison

Wouldn't 4/1/06 be the more appropriate date for that particular location?

#1venturafan
12-13-2005, 08:45 AM
It will also be making it's rounds on the southside:

Dec. 26: Oak Forest, Gaelic Park, 10 a.m. to noon.
Dec. 28: Orland Park, Orland Square Mall, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Dec. 28: Crestwood, U.S. Cellular store, 13211 S. Cicero Ave., 5 to 8 p.m.
Dec. 30: Bedford Park, U.S. Cellular store, 7464 S. Cicero Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Jan. 6: Bridgeview, Wireless Central store, 8516 S. Harlem Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m..
Jan. 13: Evergreen Park, 9920 S. Western Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Jan. 18: Chicago, Midway Airport, time to be determined. Jan. 20: Lansing, U.S. Cellular store, 16925 S. Torrence Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

www.dailysouthtown.com (http://www.dailysouthtown.com)

Hitmen77
12-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Here are the specific links:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/trophy_tour.jsp

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsnews/133nd4.htm

alohafri
12-13-2005, 10:23 AM
It will also be making it's rounds on the southside:

Dec. 26: Oak Forest, Gaelic Park, 10 a.m. to noon.
Dec. 28: Orland Park, Orland Square Mall, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Dec. 28: Crestwood, U.S. Cellular store, 13211 S. Cicero Ave., 5 to 8 p.m.
Dec. 30: Bedford Park, U.S. Cellular store, 7464 S. Cicero Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Jan. 6: Bridgeview, Wireless Central store, 8516 S. Harlem Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m..
Jan. 13: Evergreen Park, 9920 S. Western Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Jan. 18: Chicago, Midway Airport, time to be determined. Jan. 20: Lansing, U.S. Cellular store, 16925 S. Torrence Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

www.dailysouthtown.com (http://www.dailysouthtown.com)

Again, apparently, there are no Sox fans in Downers Grove, Darien, Willowbrook. Damn! I picked the wrong time to head to Vegas! Maybe it will be at the Stratosphere on Christmas!

GoSox2K3
12-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Again, apparently, there are no Sox fans in Downers Grove, Darien, Willowbrook. Damn! I picked the wrong time to head to Vegas! Maybe it will be at the Stratosphere on Christmas!

Same goes for Chicago's two biggest suburbs (Aurora and Naperville), apparently there are no Sox fans there either.

Jaffar
12-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Anybody go yesterday? Going tomorrow? Post your pic and describe the situation before I make a long haul to one of these locations please. Thanks in advance.

DoItForDanPasqua
12-14-2005, 12:43 AM
I can't believe that US Cellular is associating themselves with the White Sox.

StillMissOzzie
12-14-2005, 02:15 AM
I can't believe that US Cellular is associating themselves with the White Sox.

I HOPE that was meant to be in teal, but you never can tell with the newbies... Did you forget the name of the ballpark now?

SMO

Hangar18
12-14-2005, 10:29 AM

Im gonna see it when it gets out here to Bloomingdale ..........

kwolf68
12-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Actually let our players do this first, because tomorrow they all may be traded.

Jaffar
12-15-2005, 08:57 AM
BUMP
Anybody go last night?

Law11
12-15-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm heading out to Algonquin to see it Sat. The Daily Herald out here had a story on it saying folks out here were hoping it would have would up at the US Cellular store in Woodfield but with xmas that would have been a nightmare... That mall's nuts already..

So off to Alogonquin I go Sat. They said the wait shoudlnt be more then 30 min at any point.. LOL Right!!!:D:

I never got near the trophy at the Sox pride premier so this will be it for me as far as getting a picture with it.
I'll post it as soon as i get it.

Steelrod
12-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Yea, but that was the Stanley Cup! Not to mention that it isn't ours! There is only one 2005 World Series Trophy, not to mention our first WS Trophy. I'm all in favor of protecting it for the ages. I understand your passion, but dropping it would make you our Bartman!
Stop complaining. Your grandchildren will enjoy looking at it in it's pristine form.

The Critic
12-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Yea, but that was the Stanley Cup! Not to mention that it isn't ours! There is only one 2005 World Series Trophy, not to mention our first WS Trophy. I'm all in favor of protecting it for the ages. I understand your passion, but dropping it would make you our Bartman!
Stop complaining. Your grandchildren will enjoy looking at it in it's pristine form.

No, you misunderstand - I don't want to pick it up, I just don't want that blue strip in the picture. I was completely happy with my pic with the Cup ( except for my horrid orange jersey :D: ), I just wouldn't want it to look like I was at a crime scene.

If I don't get a pic with the trophy, I still have several nice shots of it I took at City Hall.

Jaffar
12-15-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm heading out to Algonquin to see it Sat. The Daily Herald out here had a story on it saying folks out here were hoping it would have would up at the US Cellular store in Woodfield but with xmas that would have been a nightmare... That mall's nuts already..

So off to Alogonquin I go Sat. They said the wait shoudlnt be more then 30 min at any point.. LOL Right!!!:D:

I'll see you saturday then.

dakuda
12-15-2005, 11:44 AM

I never got near the trophy at the Sox pride premier so this will be it for me as far as getting a picture with it.
I'll post it as soon as i get it.

I will be in Algonquin as well. I was interviewed for that article (12/15 Daily Herald) and quoted (one line for a 20 minute conversation). I said that I didn't think that it woudl go farther the Schaumburg or Arlington Heights. I'm quite happy it will be a mile from my house. :)

DoItForDanPasqua
12-15-2005, 12:13 PM
I HOPE that was meant to be in teal, but you never can tell with the newbies... Did you forget the name of the ballpark now?

SMO

I must be too new to realize that some people don't get saracasm.

SOXPHILE
12-15-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm gonna try and go to Algonquin on Saturday. See everyone there !

skottyj242
12-15-2005, 12:59 PM
I must be too new to realize that some people don't get saracasm.

We put sarcasm in teal around these parts.

robiwho
12-15-2005, 01:15 PM
I just got an email from a friend who works for the Cubune and is a fan of their in-house team. What's the picture of, you ask? My cub-fan friend smiling as she holds the World Series TROPHY in the lobby of the Tribune Tower! It's wrong on so many levels. This is someone who became a "life-long" cub fan in 2003 and tried her best to hop on the Sox bandwagon this year.

I didn't even repond, just deleted the email. :angry:

heartslasher
12-15-2005, 05:30 PM
you should get an anti-glare lens or something! :cool:

chisoxfanatic
12-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Thats OK. Gives Sheep a look at something they will otherwise NEVER see again

Wrong! They'll get to see it reside on the SOUTH SIDE once again! They'll get to see it...just not for THEIR team.

How anti-SOX you are!

Hitmen77
12-16-2005, 09:44 AM
I just got an email from a friend who works for the Cubune and is a fan of their in-house team. What's the picture of, you ask? My cub-fan friend smiling as she holds the World Series TROPHY in the lobby of the Tribune Tower! It's wrong on so many levels. This is someone who became a "life-long" cub fan in 2003 and tried her best to hop on the Sox bandwagon this year.

I didn't even repond, just deleted the email. :angry:

Hey, look at it this way- We've been able to penetrate the enemy's headquarters with OUR World Series Trophy! Eat your hearts out Cub fans - The Sox championship trophy is being paraded about at your precious team's headquarters surrounded by cheering Sox fans. :gulp:

This must really be rubbing salt in the wounds of some Cub fans. And to make matters worse for them, there are Cub fans bowing down to see our trophy. HA! Imagine how you would feel if you heard that some Sox fans were happily on the Cubs bandwagon and clutching their trophy.

ws05champs
12-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I just got an email from a friend who works for the Cubune and is a fan of their in-house team. What's the picture of, you ask? My cub-fan friend smiling as she holds the World Series TROPHY in the lobby of the Tribune Tower!

Here is the Cubune article on the event:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0512160191dec16,1,4234226.column?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Jaffar
12-19-2005, 09:18 AM
For anybody that didn't make it out thursday to Algonquin I saw in the paper that they are bringing the trophy back on thursday 12/22 from 9am-10pm to try and make up for being an hour late. My pic looks pretty cool framed with charity stub. http://www.geocities.com/natorious2sj/Number1.jpg

dakuda
12-19-2005, 09:49 AM
For anybody that didn't make it out thursday to Algonquin I saw in the paper that they are bringing the trophy back on thursday 12/22 from 9am-10pm to try and make up for being an hour late. My pic looks pretty cool framed with charity stub. http://www.geocities.com/natorious2sj/Number1.jpg

I was told that it was coming back on Friday from 10am - 4pm.

OEO Magglio
12-19-2005, 10:08 AM
I went to the one yesterday in Mundelein. Froze my butt off for 45 minutes but it was well worth it.:smile:

Gremlin3
12-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I was at the one on Sunday. We waited outside for a little over an hour. After we got out I got in my car turned it on, lit a cigarette and and Dont Stop Believin came on the radio. I thought that was pretty cool.

Jaffar
12-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Everyone signed up to get a place in line and signed up again for a free gift the White Sox would issue due to the inconvenience.
And according to Peter Sternberg of U.S. Cellular marketing, the trophy will be back at the store at 1612 S. Randall Road in Algonquin from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday.
“We’re sorry about the delay, so we’re going to bring it back,” he said.
No one seemed to care about the delay. It was as though the crowd made the best of a rain delay on a warm afternoon.

Thats from Sundays daily herald.

Unregistered
12-19-2005, 01:49 PM
I was actually at the one on 30 LaSalle street on Friday. Went in about 11:45am and there were literally 5 people in the entire store - none of which were there to take a picture with the trophy. I was in and out in no time, after taking about 20 pictures. I think it might be coming back to that location again - if it does, it'll probably be worth checking out.

dakuda
12-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Thats from Sundays daily herald.
I called the store itself, as well as the general information line for the White Sox, both told me Friday....

Just letting you know what I heard.

bayzbol44
12-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Yep, I called the store too and they said Friday, 10am-5pm. I am going to go Friday. I tried to go last week and there were too many people and it was too damn cold.

MySoxAreClean
12-19-2005, 08:26 PM
is the trophy in a case and anyone got pictures of to post for us that cannot go a least be able to save it thanks

soxwon
12-19-2005, 09:52 PM
i was told in bloomingdale on the 26th it would be 5-9pm
is this corrrect?

SOXPHILE
12-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Did anyone else go to the Algonquin store on saturday to see the trophy ? It was supposed to be there at 2 p.m., so we got there at about 1:30ish. They were an hour late arriving. I waited in line for about 2 1/2 hours, a good portion of it outside, but finally got up there to take a few photos with it. Despite the long time waiting, the cold, etc., all I can say is AWESOME. I couldn't believe that: A.) I was standing right next to the trophy, and B.) It belonged to the Chicago White Sox.

Rocky Soprano
12-20-2005, 11:31 AM
is the trophy in a case and anyone got pictures of to post for us that cannot go a least be able to save it thanks

It is not in a case.

ws05champs
12-20-2005, 12:29 PM
i was told in bloomingdale on the 26th it would be 5-9pm
is this corrrect?

I just called the Bloomingdale store and they did confirm the 5-9 p. m. time. BTW their phone number is (630) 894-3920. Might be wise to call before you drive there.

Hitmen77
12-22-2005, 03:47 PM
For those of you who have already gone to see the trophy, was there a long wait at your location? A few people have indicated that they had to wait in line. Is it reasonable to expect that there might be an hour wait at these tour stops?

bayzbol44
12-22-2005, 04:04 PM
The Algonquin wait was horrible (IMO). I left, it was too damn cold to wait. I am going on Friday, when it is warmer and it is there longer. Hopefully, since it will be there longer, the lines will be shorter.

SOXPHILE
12-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Well, it was almost 3 hours for me. It was supposed to be at the Algonquin store from 2-5 pm. We got there just before 2. It got there after 3. They were taking names and assigning numbers to people for your place in line. I got number 82. Then, the store became so crowded, they let the line of people up to about #50 in line wait inside. Everyone else had to continue the line outside. Sooooo....I waited for over an hour outside, before enough people ahead of me had taken their picture and left. Then more people were let inside, where I waited about another 45 minutes. We left just before 5. Although it was naturally annoying and frustrating, having to wait so long, especially outside in the cold, there really wasn't any way logistically they could have done it differently. The people at the store were nice, and did the best they could with a crowd that kept getting bigger and bigger. Then, either they, or the White Sox provided donuts, coffee and hot cocoa for everyone. (The hot chocolate was very much appreciated by this frozen Sox fan while he waited out "in the elements".) The main thing is, the trophy being so late arriving was what led most of the frustration, as we were all waiting around for over an hour to see something that wasn't even there yet.

spiffie
12-22-2005, 04:15 PM
One of the benefits of living up on the North Side of Chicago is that it is generally considered Cub territory. So last night when The Trophy was at the US Cellular at Wilson and Clark, I went there and had a wait of perhaps 10 minutes or so to see the trophy. We were inside the store, and I had a nice time talking to fellow Sox fans about the offseason moves.

It really is so beautiful in person. Every long-time Sox fan just got this glazed over look in their photos, like they were stunned at being so close to the trophy. It's nice how they worked it, everyone takes as many photos as they want, and if you want your whole party in the shot they'll take the photos for you with your camera.

ChiSoxGirl
12-23-2005, 05:09 PM
I went out to Algonquin this afternoon to see it. Wow. Just, Wow! I took many pictures with it and of it by itself and couldn't believe that it was ours!!! I got all choked up when I saw it and had the opportunity to stand next to the same trophy that our White Sox kissed and poured champagne & beer all over. I'll post a picture a.s.a.p. I got there and didn't even have to wait in line!!!! I made my $10 donation to Sox charities and walked right up to it.

The drive out to Algonquin from Des Plaines wasn't bad at all- Friday afternoon at 12:30ish. But for those of you out in the northwest suburbs, one of the guys at the Algonquin store let me read the back of his "World Series Trophy Tour" t-shirt, highlighting where the trophy will be making some appearances out this way after the New Year- Schaumburg and Arlington Heights to name a couple. I know that it'll be in Schaumburg on January 11, but am not sure of the times, so keep a lookout for the schedule to pop up somewhere.

Law11
12-23-2005, 06:33 PM
I went today in Algonquin as well, around noon. About a 10 minute wait.
I have so many friends on the south side I asked the guy about Orland.
He said they didnt know what they were going to do. The time in Orland was a 2 hour stay. He mentioned to the other guy there that theyd have to get there earlier. He also told me to get it out there that it would return to the Orland area again.. They know its going to be nuts.

They did say that the Schaumberg location would NOT be in Wood field but at a store around the Wood field area.

I uploaded some pictures that are pending. Got the cool van outside as well.

Glad I got out there.

dakuda
12-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Stopped by the Algonquin Commons store today to take a look. The line was way too long and weather was waay too cold last time. 2 minute wait, it was great. As I was developing the pictures (smartcard at the kiosk at Jewel), the lady behind the counter was asking where I took them. I told her about 30 minutes ago, right down the road. She asked for a copy of the one I took with just the trophy for her son. I printed another set for her.

Here is the one she wanted a copy of:

http://www.dakuda.com/images/ws2.jpg

It's my wallpaper now. :)

Frankfan4life
12-23-2005, 07:21 PM
I got my picture taken with the trophy at the Apparel Center! I also got an autograph from Dan Jiggets and my picture taken with him. Kerry Sayers was there, too. I have to wait to get the pictures developed though. I don't have a digital camera and I've got 14 more shots left in my disposable.

The trophy was a lot smaller than it looked on TV. But, it was cool that you could get right next to it (no plexiglass or anything). Some guy even tried to pick it up! This may only happen once in your lifetime. Go see it if you can.

RallyBowl
12-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Where is it going to be after Christmas?

Brian26
12-23-2005, 08:03 PM
I got my picture taken with the trophy at the Apparel Center!

How long will it be there?! I had no idea it was downtown.

Frankfan4life
12-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Geez, Brian. I can't believe you missed it. It was only at the Apparel Center on Wednesday, December 21 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. It was within walking distance from your house. Since I work in the Mart I didn't even have to go outside to see it.

Your best bet is to catch it on December 29 at McCormick Place.

Brian26
12-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Geez, Brian. I can't believe you missed it. It was only at the Apparel Center on Wednesday, December 21 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. It was within walking distance from your house.

Ah, but not within walking distance of my work. I thought you meant it was down there today. I see the schedule now. I might try to hit McCormick Place next week. Thanks for the heads up.

bayzbol44
12-23-2005, 10:27 PM
I went to Algonquin too around 2pm. It was about a 5 minute wait. Wow! It was great to be able to take a picture with the greatest trophy in the world. Just made me realize once again, that the White Sox are the World Champions of baseball!!!!

I would upload some pics, but I am not sure how to make the byte size smaller.

StillMissOzzie
12-26-2005, 08:45 PM
We just got back from the Bloomingdale appearance. I got there at 5:15 or so, expecting maybe a few dozen at most. Boy was I wrong! What a crowd! The line had to be 300 yards long, and I later learned that they had to cut off access to the line. Myself and my two kids were pretty sad, not wanting to wait in that line. It wasn't THAT cold, but standing there for a few hours would have taken it's toll, had we been allowed into the line at all. Fortunately for me, we were spotted by my niece's husband and his son, who had arrived at 4:30 and had a MUCH better spot in line. Sooooo, we kinda slid into place...

The trophy is just gorgeous, and they have a beautiful USCF backdrop for the pictures. And, the $10 got me not one but four pictures snapped by the helpful USCF staff there. A vertical & horizontal of myself and the kids, one of just the kids, and one of the trophy alone. I used a plain old film-loaded disposable camera, so I have no immediate results, but I can't wait to see them!

SMO
:D:

soxwon
12-26-2005, 09:43 PM
i got to bloomingdale at 4:45 the line was way too long then, so i gave up.
Ill hope it makes it to soxfest.
If someone could email me a picture of it to id appreciate it.

ws05champs
12-27-2005, 12:45 AM
I got there at 6:30 expecting to spend a few minutes in line and go home and grab dinner. Was I surprised when they said the line was already cut off and the last people had an expected 3-hour wait.

They did show us a poster that had a bunch more January dates on it including Arlington Heights and Wheaton. Sorry I don't remember any of the others but it looked like there were around a dozen. The list will be posted soon on the White Sox Web site.

I'm disappointed that I didn't get to see it tonight but it feels great that there are so many Sox fans making the pilgrimage.

doublem23
12-27-2005, 01:05 AM
i got to bloomingdale at 4:45 the line was way too long then, so i gave up.

Same here. It's going to be on display at the park next year, too, right? Not that I plan on waiting that long, but seeing as I'll be back in Peoria starting tomorrow, I'm going to have to make a day trip out of seeing this thing. Not that I mind. :cool:

1000ml
12-27-2005, 08:58 AM
They did show us a poster that had a bunch more January dates on it including Arlington Heights and Wheaton. Sorry I don't remember any of the others but it looked like there were around a dozen. The list will be posted soon on the White Sox Web site.

Some of the other locations include Naperville and Darien. They are later in January and should be on Whitesox.com soon.

The Trophy Tour staff said the tour will be going on through June or July

CHIsoxNation
12-27-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I believe the trophy will be on display at Marshall Fields at the Orland Square mall tomorrow for a couple of hours during the afternoon. As I was in the mall shopping yesterday I saw a couple of signs they had posted. I can't remember what the times were exactly but I'm pretty sure it is tomorrow afternoon. You might want to call over to the mall to verify if you are thinking about going.

I have to work so I won't be able to see it. :whiner:

ws05champs
12-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Here is the link to the new schedule:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/trophy_tour.jsp

bafiarocks03
12-27-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm going to Orland Square tomorrow! WooooHoooo! On the front of the Southtown this mornign there was a guy who just kissed it! I'm like Ooo i wanna kiss it..Willie Harris kissed it...so it's like me kissing willie harris! Woo!

ewokpelts
12-27-2005, 07:47 PM
I'm going to Orland Square tomorrow! WooooHoooo! On the front of the Southtown this mornign there was a guy who just kissed it! I'm like Ooo i wanna kiss it..Willie Harris kissed it...so it's like me kissing willie harris! Woo!you know...there's some nice willie harris stuff on ebay right now....
Gene

Hitmen77
12-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Here's an article in today's Daily Southtown on the big crowds the Trophy Tour is drawing.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsindex/29-ds3.htm