PDA

View Full Version : White House visit?

MikeW
12-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Did I miss something or don't the Series Champs meet with the president at the White House anymore? Maybe it's because the president's mother rooted for Houston? Just a thought.

chisox2005
12-11-2005, 11:22 AM
The White Sox will make their trip to the White House. The Red Sox I believe did not go until March.

TheOldRoman
12-11-2005, 11:51 AM
They will either stop by in the preseason or while in Baltimore.

FedEx227
12-11-2005, 01:47 PM
More than likely in March/April when the team is together again

StockdaleForVeep
12-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Side note on this since you stated bout the team being together again. How\when does rowand get his ring, unless we are playin the phillies again in interleague.

TDog
12-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Side note on this since you stated bout the team being together again. Howwhen does rowand get his ring, unless we are playin the phillies again in interleague.

He won't be part of a ceremony. Nor will Marte or Thomas (unless he retires). If Joe Borchard isn't with the team, add him to the group. Rowand will get his ring the way graduates get their diplomas if they don't show up to commencement.

Unregistered
12-11-2005, 04:00 PM
If memory serves, Derek Lowe and a couple others came back for Boston's ceremony last year - I wouldn't count on it, but it would be nice to see Rowand, Frank and the others back for the ceremony.

SOXintheBURGH
12-11-2005, 05:24 PM
If memory serves, Derek Lowe and a couple others came back for Boston's ceremony last year - I wouldn't count on it, but it would be nice to see Rowand, Frank and the others back for the ceremony.

Was Nomar there?

IggyD
12-11-2005, 05:29 PM
That would be awesome if Rowand and Frank are there..... I know I will be!:D:

Soxzilla
12-11-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm sure Rowand and Thomas will be there.

jortafan
12-11-2005, 06:08 PM
I expect any ballplayers who are not still with the White Sox come next April will get their rings in the mail, or something similar.I remember reading when Jose Canseco received his World Series ring from the Yankees for 2000. By the time it came out, he was with the White Sox and the Yankees sent the ring to Kenny Williams, who made a production out of giving it to Canseco while also trying to lecture the Sox players about the significance of winning a championship.

HotelWhiteSox
12-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Side note on this since you stated bout the team being together again. How\when does rowand get his ring, unless we are playin the phillies again in interleague.

The Phillies are off that day, so if Rowand is willing to travel in between home games, he should be at the ceremony

TDog
12-11-2005, 07:29 PM
The Phillies are off that day, so if Rowand is willing to travel in between home games, he should be at the ceremony

St. Louis opens in Philadelphia. I'm a bigger Aaron Rowand fan than just about any of the people who post here, but he isn't on the Sox anymore.

As for the Sox meeting with the president, Ozzie has already met with the current U.S. president, after the Marlins won the Series in 2003. And of course, he met with the Venezuelan president this fall. Maybe he'll get to meet with Bush again in the spring.

lumpyspun
12-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Derek Lowe and Dave Roberts did come back for Boston's ring ceremony. I would assume it's up to the Sox. It caused a big uproar b/c Lowe and Roberts wore their Red Sox jerseys and their current teams/fans supposedly weren't too happy with that. Then again, who really knows, that might just be ESPN that said the team/fans weren't happy with it.

I'm sure it will be up to the Sox and the individual players...

Steelrod
12-11-2005, 08:57 PM
St. Louis opens in Philadelphia. I'm a bigger Aaron Rowand fan than just about any of the people who post here, but he isn't on the Sox anymore.

As for the Sox meeting with the president, Ozzie has already met with the current U.S. president, after the Marlins won the Series in 2003. And of course, he met with the Venezuelan president this fall. Maybe he'll get to meet with Bush again in the spring.
I doubt that, Austin!:)

soxfanreggie
12-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I doubt Rowand will be back for the game.

I wouldn't get ticked off about wearing the jersey from last years team. I mean, there are HOF players who say they will wear a cap of an old team in the hall even though they are with a different team.

SALUKIS15
12-11-2005, 09:03 PM
IIRC when the bulls were in the midst of their pair of three-peats they would give the rings to players no longer with the team when they first visited. This would only apply to former players we will face this year, and I don't think we play the phillies.

TheOldRoman
12-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Salukis15-

I'm sure your sig will be taken down quickly for being over the limit, but it is AWESOME!!!

TONY23
12-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Daddy Bush told Jr No White Sox in the house

SALUKIS15
12-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Salukis15-

I'm sure your sig will be taken down quickly for being over the limit, but it is AWESOME!!!

Thanks, trying to figure out how to get it smaller.

A.T. Money
12-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Anyone know when the White House trip is?

Unregistered
12-13-2005, 12:58 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63597