PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Mackowiak was at one of the WS games as a fan!

HotelWhiteSox
12-11-2005, 02:39 AM
I didn't see this mentioned in one of the other threads (may have been, if so, I apologize), but Rob and his dad were at Game 1 of the World Series.

The Mackowiak men sat next to each other inside U.S. Cellular Field for Game 1 of the World Series like so many other fathers and sons who bonded over baseball.

Just two lifelong Sox fans who had waited their lifetimes to share the joy and savor the moment for generations.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051210mackowiak,1,5385757.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

A nice article that talks about Rob and his background. I loved this deal before I knew he was a Sox fan. This just adds to it. I just thought that was real cool that he was in the stands as a fan of the team. Welcome aboard Rob!

Chisox003
12-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Well, unfortunately for Papa Mackowiak, he'll be watching the Series without his son sitting next to him next season...unless he's allowed into the dugout.

:cool:

Corlose 15
12-11-2005, 03:10 AM
That article mentions that Harold Baines was his favorite player and he tried to model his swing after him. Thats gotta be a huge thrill for Mackowiak.

kevin57
12-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Well, unfortunately for Papa Mackowiak, he'll be watching the Series without his son sitting next to him next season...unless he's allowed into the dugout.

:cool:

Yes, and the only better position is watching him hit on the field while dad's in the stands. :tongue:

chitownhawkfan
12-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Besides Mackowiak and Gerut, are there any other local products who grew up Sox fans?

SOXSINCE'70
12-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Besides Mackowiak and Gerut, are there any other local products who grew up Sox fans?

Jerry Hairston,Jr. Sadly,he's now on the wrong side of town.:(:

Scottiehaswheels
12-11-2005, 10:13 AM

Mulder
Lofton (pretty sure)
Bigbie, potentially, but Hobart is kinda Cubbish so I'm not sure...

slavko
12-11-2005, 10:22 AM
J. Paul and D. Pall(retired)

chitownhawkfan
12-11-2005, 10:31 AM
I actually bumped into the Pope at Golf Galaxy and he was so surprised that he was recognized. Really nice guy, talked baseball with him for about ten minutes while we looked at putters.

JGarlandrules20
12-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Besides Mackowiak and Gerut, are there any other local products who grew up Sox fans? Mark Mulder, Cliff Floyd..I believe...

ewokpelts
12-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Mulder
Lofton (pretty sure)
Bigbie, potentially, but Hobart is kinda Cubbish so I'm not sure...
lofton claimed he wa sa cubs fan when they traded for him....

Scottiehaswheels
12-11-2005, 11:17 AM
lofton claimed he wa sa cubs fan when they traded for him....

Didn't he say the same thing about us way back when? I guess I'd take what is reported with a grain of salt... who knows

DumpJerry
12-11-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't remember the name, but in '04 the Sox faced a kid from Seattle (?) who grew up on the Southwest Side a big Sox fan. It was his Major League debut and he was doing at Comiskey.

Now I'll sit back, count to 10 and watch 3400 posters tell me the correct name. That is what I love about Sox fans, they know baseball, Cub fans know Budweiser.:smile:

dpbyron
12-11-2005, 12:36 PM
I don't remember the name, but in '04 the Sox faced a kid from Seattle (?) who grew up on the Southwest Side a big Sox fan. It was his Major League debut and he was doing at Comiskey.

Now I'll sit back, count to 10 and watch 3400 posters tell me the correct name. That is what I love about Sox fans, they know baseball, Cub fans know Budweiser.:smile:

Bobby Madritsch from the Mariners who went to Reavis. I know for a fact they faced each other during their junior year season in high school and most likely again when Madritach played for Moraine Valley and Bobby played for South Surburban. Sorry to disappoint, but I can't remember how they did... :?:

Kuzman
12-11-2005, 11:27 PM
I saw/read an article stating that B Mac was a sox fan growing up.

HomeFish
12-11-2005, 11:36 PM
I saw/read an article stating that B Mac was a sox fan growing up.

He was a Frank Thomas fan. Reportedtly, Thomas was his hero and his room was plastered with Thomas posters.

Not sure if he liked Frank's team, though.

MUsoxfan
12-12-2005, 02:03 AM
He was a Frank Thomas fan. Reportedtly, Thomas was his hero and his room was plastered with Thomas posters.

Not sure if he liked Frank's team, though.

You are truly unbelievable

TheOldRoman
12-12-2005, 02:17 AM

Not sure if he liked Frank's team, though. :rolleyes:
Sorry to dissapoint you, TrollFish, but he WAS a Sox fan.
The next time you are bannished, I'm sure it will be for good. It can't come soon enough.

Corlose 15
12-12-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm pretty sure Josh Fields (3B) was a Sox fan growing up too.

MUsoxfan
12-12-2005, 03:11 AM
I'm pretty sure Josh Fields (3B) was a Sox fan growing up too.
But I'm sure he only liked the players and not the team

MsSoxVixen22
12-12-2005, 08:12 AM
That article mentions that Harold Baines was his favorite player and he tried to model his swing after him. Thats gotta be a huge thrill for Mackowiak.

Let's hope Mackowiak isn't as quiet as Baines! :D:

Hangar18
12-12-2005, 08:32 AM
"The Mackowiak men sat next to each other at US Cellular Field .............
just 2 men who had waited a lifetime to see their team in the Series"

And with that ................. one could hear a huge WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH sound over the city. The Water of Truth dousing the Fire of Lies. I heard more "mackowiak was a cub fan his whole life" garbage from the Chicago Media the last few years