PDA

View Full Version : Leo Daigle

cws05champ
12-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Anyone know how we lost Leo Daigle? He won the Triple crown in the Carolina league, but I saw that Baltimore signed him. did the Sox not have him under contract/control? This was not in the rule 5 draft..:?:

Daver
12-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Anyone know how we lost Leo Daigle? He won the Triple crown in the Carolina league, but I saw that Baltimore signed him. did the Sox not have him under contract/control? This was not in the rule 5 draft..:?:

Minor league FA.

He is a career minor leaguer.

Banix12
12-10-2005, 08:40 PM

He was a minor league free agent. There probably wasn't much sense in keeping him around from an organizational standpoint. Daigle has been around for awhile now and he did all that hitting down in A ball. He really isn't a prospect anymore.

It's really cool that he played so well last year but when you are 26 and playing in A ball it is a sign your career path probably isn't taking you to the majors anytime soon. I believe Crash Davis would call winning the Triple Crown in the carolina league at that age a "Dubious Distinction."

caulfield12
12-11-2005, 08:42 AM
He was a minor league free agent. There probably wasn't much sense in keeping him around from an organizational standpoint. Daigle has been around for awhile now and he did all that hitting down in A ball. He really isn't a prospect anymore.

It's really cool that he played so well last year but when you are 26 and playing in A ball it is a sign your career path probably isn't taking you to the majors anytime soon. I believe Crash Davis would call winning the Triple Crown in the carolina league at that age a "Dubious Distinction."

Yeah, there are a ton of players like that in the minors that are just hanging on.

We also had Roosevelt Brown and Jorge Toca, not sure if either will be coming back with us.

Not to mention a guy like Brad Fullmer who was a pretty potent hitter in his first 3-4 years in the league.

Still am interested in what happens with Gload. Of course, we have Rogowski and there is always a possibility Sweeney or Fields could be moved to 1B as well. If PK hadn´t signed and before the Thome deal, KW was probably looking at Joe Borchard converting coming into ST as well to fight with Gload and Rogowski.

cws05champ
12-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully he's not one of those guys that the light just went on and will become a decent ML'er.

voodoochile
12-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully he's not one of those guys that the light just went on and will become a decent ML'er.

He struggled badly after being promoted to AAA later in the season then went back to the low minors and continued tearing it up, IIRC.