PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis rumor says that Buehrle could be on the move

buehrle4cy05
12-10-2005, 09:09 PM
I heard this from a friend who lives near St. Louis. He says that the talk around St. Louis is that Buehrle may be traded to the Cardinals for Adam Wainwright, another position player, and cash. He also said that a Chicago reporter confirmed that there were talks going on.

This better be complete bull****. But I'm scared now. Somebody comfort me by telling me that it is.

Chisox003
12-10-2005, 09:11 PM
I heard this from a friend who lives near St. Louis. He says that the talk around St. Louis is that Buehrle may be traded to the Cardinals for Adam Wainwright, another position player, and cash. He also said that a Chicago reporter confirmed that there were talks going on.

This better be complete bull****. But I'm scared now. Somebody comfort me by telling me that it is.
:roflmao:

Some friend you got there....

Please....:rolleyes:

MUsoxfan
12-10-2005, 09:13 PM

That's by far the most ridiculous trade rumor I've ever heard

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Unless the position player's name is Albert Pujols(HAWK: where's he gonna play? :wink: ) I'm pretty sure the Sox have no interest in trading an ace for a prospect in Adam Wainwirght. Just wishful thinking down in St. Louis

Fredsox
12-10-2005, 09:15 PM
I think your friend is yanking your chain a bit. Why on earth would a defending world champion trade the rock of the starting rotation for anybody at all? Seriously, if the object of a trade is to make the team better, how would trading Buehrle make the White Sox better?

CLR01
I have not heard anything. I'll kick on the radio and listen out. I doubt this is true.

Corlose 15
Who the hell is Adam Wainright and why in the hell would the Sox trade Buehrle for him? Don't the Sox have an option on Buehrle in 07 anyways? Sounds like total BS to me.

buehrle4cy05
12-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Who the hell is Adam Wainright and why in the hell would the Sox trade Buehrle for him? Don't the Sox have an option on Buehrle in 07 anyways? Sounds like total BS to me.

My exact opinion.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Adam Wainwright is the pitching prospect that the Cardinals received from the Braves for J.D. Drew back in 2004. This trade is just someone's wet dream down in St. Louis.

SoxSpeed22
12-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Put down the :bong:

ilsox7
12-10-2005, 09:33 PM
If you actually believe this, I've got some wonderful land in South Florida I am willing to part with...

RadioheadRocks
12-10-2005, 09:34 PM
... and the moon is made of blue cheese!!! :rolling:

nccwsfan
12-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Buehrle's the ace of the White Sox until the end of the 2007 season, and once KW signs the big guy to an extension he'll be here for many years to come...

LongLiveFisk
12-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Oh jeez.....:rolleyes:

Buehrle is not going anywhere.

CLR01
12-10-2005, 09:39 PM
If you actually believe this, I've got some wonderful land in South Florida I am willing to part with...

How much???:?: I hear Buehrle has always wanted to be a Cardinal so this would make sense.

MarySwiss
12-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Well, this could be true...if Kenny has taken complete leave of his senses.

In other words, NO WAY!!

ilsox7
12-10-2005, 09:53 PM
How much???:?: I hear Buehrle has always wanted to be a Cardinal so this would make sense.

1,000 acres at $25 per. I'm not sure what color that should be in. :D:

CLR01
12-10-2005, 09:59 PM
1,000 acres at $25 per. I'm not sure what color that should be in. :D:

I'll take all 1000 acres but I won't give you a dime over $22 per. I can trust a future lawyer won't rip me off right?

Wooohoooo I am gonna be rich once I turn around and sell this land. :bandance::supernana:

tebman
12-10-2005, 10:08 PM
April Fool's Day is still several months away...

MarySwiss
12-10-2005, 10:15 PM
April Fool's Day is still several months away...

Apparently not. :cool:

Professor
12-10-2005, 10:21 PM
I live in St. Louis...I haven't heard this.

RadioheadRocks
12-10-2005, 10:26 PM
... and now, for your listening pleasure, the Timex Social Club:

"Look at all these rumors, surrounding me every day;
I just need some time, some time to get away..."

ilsox7
12-10-2005, 10:33 PM
I'll take all 1000 acres but I won't give you a dime over $22 per. I can trust a future lawyer won't rip me off right?

Wooohoooo I am gonna be rich once I turn around and sell this land. :bandance::supernana:

Nope. I'd never rip you off. How about $23? I'm going further than splitting the difference!

CLR01
12-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Nope. I'd never rip you off. How about $23? I'm going further than splitting the difference!

Throw in a old fashion reel mower and we have a deal.

ilsox7
12-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Throw in a old fashion reel mower and we have a deal.

Done. And this pays for part of one year of my legal education.

Woo hoo!

Tragg
12-10-2005, 10:45 PM
MB was a cardinals fan. The cardinals have a huge ego, immense actually, about people wanting to play for St Lous - remember the "st louis" discount this offseason? Well didn't exactly work out. So, when there is a player who was a cards fan, coupled with the fact that everyone wants to play for the cardinals, they then presume that the Sox know that they can't sign him, so we'll trade him.
A guy with a blog was posting MB for the great Jason Marquis and a prospect---he thought that a fair deal.

MB must be the only player in MLB who was a fan of some team as a kid.

SOXSINCE'70
12-10-2005, 10:53 PM
... and the moon is made of blue cheese!!! :rolling:

And Eva Longoria just shoveled my driveway and sidewalk for me.:roflmao: :roflmao:

South Side
12-10-2005, 11:16 PM
You're not at all gullible are you? :roflmao:

Brian26
12-10-2005, 11:28 PM
The general feel in St. Louis right now is one of dread. The Cardinals weren't able to land Burnett, and Grudzilanek appears to be gone now too.

One quick note to add: I was reading on another board that Tony LaRussa had an event today for his Animal Rescue Foundation. Supposedly, someone talked to him directly and he said the Cardinals are close to acquiring either Brandon Looper or Octavio Dotel. Take that FWIW.

ChiSoxGirl
12-11-2005, 12:57 AM

:hawk
That is B.S.!

Professor
12-11-2005, 08:26 AM
The general feel in St. Louis right now is one of dread. The Cardinals weren't able to land Burnett, and Grudzilanek appears to be gone now too.

One quick note to add: I was reading on another board that Tony LaRussa had an event today for his Animal Rescue Foundation. Supposedly, someone talked to him directly and he said the Cardinals are close to acquiring either Brandon Looper or Octavio Dotel. Take that FWIW.

Dread? Living here, that is not the perception I get. I would say disappointment, yes. Not only did they not sign a free agent pitcher, but now Matt Morris has informed them he won't be returning either. So they are in need of a starting pitcher. I read the Looper rumor on rotoworld.com I think.

At any rate, I disagree with Tragg who said StL has a huge ego, etc. Truth be told, many players do want to play for the Cardinals. But like all teams, they have a limited budget and they simply get out bid. They try to lure players here for the livability of the city and the fanbase. What team doesn't? Just because "a guy" with a blog makes an ignorant statement like offering Marquis and a prospect for Buehrle, one ought not damn the entire organization (take a look at some of the suggestions around here; I hope the WS aren't judged based on this evidence alone!). That is akin to taking the word-of-mouth rumor that started this thread.

I was worried moving here, being this is predominantly Cards country mixed in with the southern Illinois cubs fans. I anticipated dreading my existence. But I have found Cardinals fans to be gracious in defeat. After the WS won, I received many sincere congratulations, friendly banter, etc. When I wear my Championship hat around, people frequently confess their longing for a ring and mention how they appreciated the caliber of play of our team this year. In general I am very impressed with the acumen and enthusiasm that Cardinals fans have for the game.

C-Dawg
12-11-2005, 08:41 AM
The cardinals have a huge ego, immense actually, about people wanting to play for St Lous.

No, no, no. According to the Tribune, it is the Cubs that all the good players want to play for.

Not sure that should be in teal.

:wink:

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-11-2005, 09:32 AM
He says that the talk around St. Louis is that Buehrle may be traded to the Cardinals for Adam Wainwright, another position player, and cash. He also said that a Chicago reporter confirmed that there were talks going on.
</p>Wait! Wait! I think you forgot to include that your friend also said,Yea, that's the ticket!

Scottiehaswheels
12-11-2005, 09:42 AM

Well, I'm curious.... Considering the fact that we seem to be going through a movement to bring in local guys.... Would Buerhle for Mulder work? Granted I wouldn't want anything to happen after the '06 campaign but I think it would potentially be a fair trade...

Nevermind... Mulder is a FA after '06..

hose
12-11-2005, 09:44 AM

What was actually said: " How burly he was compared to Adam Cartwright."

*****Reference to the size of Hoss Cartwright.

MadetoOrta
12-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey Professor, if any of the Cards fans make any comments about Burls, remind them that it's Mulder's dream to pitch for the White Sox. He makes a point of mentioning that whenever he was in town for either the As or Cards.

chitownhawkfan
12-11-2005, 10:47 AM
You see, my friend in St. Louis told me we were on the verge of trading Buehrle, Freddy Garcia and Jon Garland for So Taguchi. But I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Scottiehaswheels
12-11-2005, 10:54 AM
You see, my friend in St. Louis told me we were on the verge of trading Buehrle, Freddy Garcia and Jon Garland for So Taguchi. But I'm not sure how accurate it is.

And KW hasn't pulled the trigger? COME ON! :o:

chitownhawkfan
12-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Scottiehaswheels, that is a great name, it makes me wish I would have put more thought into my uber generic name.

Scottiehaswheels
12-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Scottiehaswheels, that is a great name, it makes me wish I would have put more thought into my uber generic name.

Thanks... I thought about changing it but they don't allow that here.... Kinda new here, post wise... Hung in the shadows and just read posts for a long time.. Your name ain't bad either but we're kinda hurtin this year eh? Khabibulin ain't all he was cracked up to be...

chitownhawkfan
12-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks... I thought about changing it but they don't allow that here.... Kinda new here, post wise... Hung in the shadows and just read posts for a long time.. Your name ain't bad either but we're kinda hurtin this year eh? Khabibulin ain't all he was cracked up to be... Although I am a Blackhawks fan it is a reference to the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Scottiehaswheels
12-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Although I am a Blackhawks fan it is a reference to the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Oh gotcha... sorry, just saw that in your prof

RedPinStripes
12-11-2005, 02:04 PM
this is ****house material.

Lip Man 1
12-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Tell you friend 'Hey Dude...what's the score??'

Lip

chaotic8512
12-11-2005, 02:28 PM
And KW hasn't pulled the trigger? COME ON! :o:

Yay, first time I get to do this!

:tealpolice:

Then again, "What's the Score" should all be in teal, shouldn't it?

RallyBowl
12-11-2005, 02:37 PM
:threadsucks

Give 'em the business, Threadsucks Guy.

buehrle4cy05
12-11-2005, 03:06 PM
The only reason I posted this was because he said that there was a Chicago source that confirmed interest in the deal.

Looking back on it, boy was I stupid/gullible.:redface:

Dan Mega
12-11-2005, 03:52 PM
MB was a cardinals fan. The cardinals have a huge ego, immense actually, about people wanting to play for St Lous - remember the &quot;st louis&quot; discount this offseason? It directly correlates with the huge myth that the Cardinals have the best fans in professional sports.

kwolf68
12-12-2005, 04:54 PM
It directly correlates with the huge myth that the Cardinals have the best fans in professional sports.

Dude, I know this trade rumor is crackhead based, but Card fans are good fans. No one can deny that.

gowhitesox
12-12-2005, 10:59 PM
The only reason I posted this was because he said that there was a Chicago source that confirmed interest in the deal.

Looking back on it, boy was I stupid/gullible.

When they say a Chicago source that is a broad statement. Chicago is a BIG city and when they can't identify the source that pretty proves to me that is is wishful thinking in St. Louis. Also the World Champions aren't about to trade one of their best pitchers.

churlish
12-13-2005, 12:28 AM
It directly correlates with the huge myth that the Cardinals have the best fans in professional sports.
Yeah, Cardinals fans are increasingly becoming like the stereotypical Red Sox fan. They seem to have a sense of entitlement to players, while thinking they should accept less money to come and play for the greatest fans in the world. Also, Cardinals fans seem to lament the fact that they will choke every year in the playoffs and have a "woe is us" outlook. Of course, they may have a point there.

Domeshot17
12-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Wasnt Aj Burnett suppose to take the same fan favorite discount to sign with the cardinals. This has been blown out of proportion for years after Buehlre said if he couldnt be a white sock he would want to play for his hometown Cardinals. Thats like asking God if he couldnt be God what job would he like and him saying he would like to drive an ice cream truck.

Fire up the engines and start posting, God steps down to drive an ice cream truck