PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster selling the blue seats?

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-10-2005, 08:09 PM
I was a bit bored and was browsing Ticketmaster when I found this: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003B87E36A5328?artistid=805917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=10

It looks like those with season tickets will get first dibs on them.

Seats are ONLY sold in PAIRS: 1 ticket = 1 pair (2 seats).

U.S. Cellular Field seats are in used condition. Your seats will be shipped via UPS Ground Delivery. It should be noted that seats can ONLY be shipped to the lower 48 states. You should expect to receive your seats 6 to 8 weeks from the date of purchase. If you have questions regarding your purchase or to check on the status of delivery, please contact the Chicago White Sox at 312.674.1000.

U.S. Cellular Field seats will be authenticated by Deloitte & Touche on behalf of the Chicago White Sox and Major League Baseball and will come with a hologram sticker with an exclusive tracking number. All seats will include fabricated mounting brackets (some assembly required) allowing the seats to stand upright on a floor. Your purchase includes all necessary mounting equipment and instructions for assembly.

dakuda
12-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Very interesting......

http://www.dakuda.com/images/forums/cwm13.gif

RadioheadRocks
12-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Interesting, although I really have no emotional or sentimental attachment towards the blue seats, so I'll probably pass.

SABRSox
12-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Interesting, although I really have no emotional or sentimental attachment towards the blue seats, so I'll probably pass.

If the price is right I'll order a pair. I missed out on Old Comiskey seats. I'd like a piece of New Comiskey.

C-Dawg
12-10-2005, 08:35 PM
They DO have the distinction of having successful World Series credentials.... Something they wouldn't have had if they were replaced a year earlier. :cool:

I wonder how much they will cost?

The Dude
12-10-2005, 08:53 PM

Bull**** you dont have any emotional or sentimental attachment to them! Did you forget we just won the World series while sitting in those seats??? If you truly dont...thats fine by me because I really hope they allow season ticket holders first dibs at these. Maybe as our season ticket gift or something!:cool:

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Bull**** you dont have any sentimental attachment to them! Did you forget we just won the World series while sitting in those seats??? If you truly dont...thats fine by me because I really hope they allow season ticket holders first dibs at these. Maybe as our season ticket gift or something!:cool:
According to the site, there will be a one day window where season ticket holders will be able to order the seats before anyone else.
Internet Onsale Info
Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Thu, 12/15/05 10:00 AM CST

Internet Presale Info
Season Ticket Holder:
Start: Mon, 12/12/05 10:00 AM CST
End: Tue, 12/13/05 12:00 PM CST
Registered User:
Start: Tue, 12/13/05 01:00 PM CST
End: Thu, 12/15/05 10:00 AM CST
These were in high demand after the 2003 season when the Sox tore down some of the upper deck, so I'm sure that the demand will be even greater now that the White Sox have won the World Series.

RadioheadRocks
12-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Bull**** you dont have any emotional or sentimental attachment to them! Did you forget we just won the World series while sitting in those seats??? If you truly dont...thats fine by me because I really hope they allow season ticket holders first dibs at these. Maybe as our season ticket gift or something!:cool:

Not meaning any disrespect here, and no I haven't forgotten that "we won the World Series with the blue seats", but I just don't hold any sentimental attachment to them based on that reason (or any other reason for that matter). Suffice it to say I'm more of an old timer and my sentiments are more attached to the old Comiskey Park; it's just my own personal feeling and is not meant to invalidate yours or anyone else's feelings.

Law11
12-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Not meaning any disrespect here, and no I haven't forgotten that "we won the World Series with the blue seats", but I just don't hold any sentimental attachment to them based on that reason (or any other reason for that matter). Suffice it to say I'm more of an old timer and my sentiments are more attached to the old Comiskey Park; it's just my own personal feeling and is not meant to invalidate yours or anyone else's feelings.

I'm with you. Having a pair of plastic blue seats from the park would mean very little to me. I have my pair of seats fromt he park I grew up in, in the old park. I have no attachment to these seats like I had the old place. My house is plastered with WS momentos, i dont need 2 plastic blue seats to remind me of the season..

Hey we're two less people those that want em have to worry about.

TheKittle
12-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Anybody know how much the blue seats are going to be?

HotelWhiteSox
12-10-2005, 10:02 PM
I wonder what the price is going to be? Maybe I missed it, but don't see any info :dunno: Knowing TM, they'll probably try and rape you with shipping fees for this

Blob
12-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Have any season ticket holders been contacted about this sale? I have not heard a thing and leave for vacation tomorrow!! :o:

IlliniSox4Life
12-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Does "registered user" mean just somebody who is registered with Ticketmaster's website?

Brian26
12-10-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm amazed they are going to ship these via UPS to people instead of making them pick the seats up at the park. I imagine the size and weight of two seats and the mounting brackets would make the shipping charge fairly expensive.

itsnotrequired
12-11-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm amazed they are going to ship these via UPS to people instead of making them pick the seats up at the park. I imagine the size and weight of two seats and the mounting brackets would make the shipping charge fairly expensive.

At least give the option. I know I would rather spend 15 minutes driving to the park rather than the $50+ "convenience" of having them delivered to my door.

TheKittle
12-11-2005, 12:34 AM
I can understand how it would be a logistical nightmare it would be to have people pick up the seats in person.

"I don't like this seat. Can I get that one over there?"

"I want a seat with 23 for Ventura."

"I want an end seat"

The seats won't fit in that Yugo you're driving. "Oh yes it will"

SaltyPretzel
12-11-2005, 03:11 AM
I'd email Brooks about this issue.

BeefyD
12-11-2005, 05:25 PM
I think they will have some sort of "will call" to pick them up. If not, I'll be passing...
That's right, passing by the stadium to see if some worker will sell me a pair for $50 cash. Worked for the Chicago Stadium!

Scottiehaswheels
12-11-2005, 05:42 PM
I wonder what the price is going to be? Maybe I missed it, but don't see any info :dunno: Knowing TM, they'll probably try and rape you with shipping fees for this

Well just guessing here but I saw the Dodgers are selling their seats for $250 a pair with pickup... $350 a pair with shipping so I'd expect something similar...

kevingrt
12-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Anything under $400 I might purchase.

MUsoxfan
12-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Anything under $400 I might purchase.

I have issues spending money on garbage. I mean that's what it is, isn't it? It's not like they're taking those blue seats and replacing them with new blue seats. They're getting rid of the blue seats because everyone hated them. Yes, they were the seats I sat in during a World Championship season, but they're ugly garbage. The worst thing is the inevitable HUGE surcharge from Ticketmaster. I should see if Ticketmaster would be interested in selling some banana peels I came across.

GregoryEtc
12-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Garbage? The park's always empty. Those seats have barely been used! (before i get the teal police for that one... something was wrong with my browser and nothing happened when I clicked on the font options.)

MUsoxfan
12-12-2005, 02:02 AM
Garbage? The park's always empty. Those seats have barely been used! (before i get the teal police for that one... something was wrong with my browser and nothing happened when I clicked on the font options.)

Clear your cache. I also thought something was wrong before I read Beckett's post telling me to do so

The Critic
12-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Does "registered user" mean just somebody who is registered with Ticketmaster's website?
I think that's what that means.

I personally don't want any blue seats. I have my Old Comiskey seat, so I'm set.

Is this why we were on the "dump the blue seats" campaign? To buy them up? Genius....:D:

IlliniSox4Life
12-12-2005, 05:57 AM
I have issues spending money on garbage. I mean that's what it is, isn't it? It's not like they're taking those blue seats and replacing them with new blue seats. They're getting rid of the blue seats because everyone hated them. Yes, they were the seats I sat in during a World Championship season, but they're ugly garbage. The worst thing is the inevitable HUGE surcharge from Ticketmaster. I should see if Ticketmaster would be interested in selling some banana peels I came across.

I wouldn't exactly call them garbage. Even if they're getting rid of them because they don't like them or think the new ones are better, it doesn't mean there's no value in the old ones. They are simply selling something that people might like because it's associated with the Sox. Nobody is saying these are as nice as the seats out of Comiskey, but many people would still like to have them, especially considering they did just win a World Series.

If somebody moves from one house to another because they didn't like the first one, they don't just burn down the first house, it still has value to somebody.

NonetheLoaiza
12-12-2005, 10:23 AM
I hear that they are gonna cost around $450 a pair from someone at the White Sox. Don't know if those blue seats are worth that much to me...

JorgeFabregas
12-12-2005, 10:29 AM
I figured out the "season ticket holder" password on the second try. I assume it would not be kosher for me to post it? Anyway, the pairs of seats are going for $450 (as mentioned) which includes UPS shipping. Slightly less than Busch stadium seats, although those seats are from a much older stadium and thus are more likely to have sentimental value. There is a $10 ticketmaster charge and a .40 cent tax so something like $460.40 out the door. UPS is the only available delivery method.

SoxFan78
12-12-2005, 10:56 AM
I figured out the "season ticket holder" password on the second try. I assume it would not be kosher for me to post it? Anyway, the pairs of seats are going for $450 (as mentioned) which includes UPS shipping. Slightly less than Busch stadium seats, although those seats are from a much older stadium and thus are more likely to have sentimental value. There is a $10 ticketmaster charge and a .40 cent tax so something like $460.40 out the door. UPS is the only available delivery method.

Thats more then I payed for my split season ticket package. No thank you!

JorgeFabregas
12-12-2005, 11:01 AM
I think at that price they will be lucky to sell 1000 or 2000. Other than making season ticket holders feel special, there's not too much reason to have a pre-sale for them.

kevingrt
12-12-2005, 11:16 AM
They are not garbage. I will place both in my apartment and whenever the Sox are on and I'm not at the game I sit in them to feel like I'm at the Cell. I just won't have the Miller Lite cup holders on the seat it front of me. I will seriously do this though.

JorgeFabregas
12-12-2005, 11:27 AM
I don't know about the Comiskey/Cell seats, but the Busch stadium seats you're technically not supposed to sit in unless they're bolted to the wall or floor. I believe someone on here posted a picture of their blue seats in a similar situation. If you're planning on sitting on them regularly they may not be the best purchase until you're a homeowner, but assuming you like them and plan on being a homeowner one day they may be a good purchase to display now and install later.

ssirish317
12-12-2005, 11:57 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59266

$450 per pair is insane. IIRC, I spent $30 apiece on these in April, granted they didn't come with floor mounts. Boy do things change when you win a championship.

zach61
12-12-2005, 12:22 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59266

$450 per pair is insane. IIRC, I spent $30 apiece on these in April, granted they didn't come with floor mounts. Boy do things change when you win a championship.
And when ticketmaster gets involved. I refuse to pay them a service fee for the actual seat now.

Hangar18
12-12-2005, 04:16 PM
I was going to be first in line for these blue seats .............
but NOT at that price. Thats ridiculous ....$450 for that? Yikes
they can keep them for that price. SOX fans are NOT like Cub fans,
who will buy ANYTHING as long as its supposedly from Wrigley. I cannot
see people paying that much. They'll end up in a huge pile by the players parking lot after a while, mark my words.

KarkoFan1
12-12-2005, 04:23 PM
I am suprised they are charging so much for the seats that sox fans have been wanted to get rid of since 1991. I highly doubt a lot of people are going to break the bank for unwanted blue seats. But who knows a lot of us have spent a good deal of money since the sox won the series.

hellenicsoxfan
12-12-2005, 06:16 PM
I was going to be first in line for these blue seats .............
but NOT at that price. Thats ridiculous ....$450 for that? Yikes
they can keep them for that price. SOX fans are NOT like Cub fans,
who will buy ANYTHING as long as its supposedly from Wrigley. I cannot
see people paying that much. They'll end up in a huge pile by the players parking lot after a while, mark my words.

When purchasing 3 split season tickets today, I asked the rep if split season ticket holders would also get first chance at the blue seats along with the full season ticket holders. When she said yes, I was very happy. When she said $450 I was very sad. After shelling out half price for tickets, not to mention all the World Series memorabilia, another $450 would kill me. So I will have to leave my blue seats for someone else to buy.

robertks61
12-12-2005, 06:37 PM
I bought my son a County Stadium seat when they tore it down. The stand it is on (as I look at it now) is definitely not made for sitting on, just enough support to hold the seat upright.

TheDarkGundam
12-12-2005, 06:40 PM
I would've liked one of those seats, (or two, whatever) but $450 is way to much. BTW, my Cub fan sister says they were selling seats from wrigley for $800! :o:

chisoxmike
12-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Wow, they win the world series and they think they can pull this ****. How do they go from $30 to $450?:o: