PDA

View Full Version : Cubs/Bosox interested in Tejada

getonbckthr
12-10-2005, 12:17 PM
According to Bruce Levine (why do we list him as a source) both the Cubs and Bosox have inquired about the availability and price of Miguel Tejada. Supposedly Bosox offer Manny yesterday. I'm guessing Baltimore didn't like cause you figure they have accepted a straight up swap as such.

JUribe1989
12-10-2005, 12:20 PM
What sounds better

Orioles get:
-Ronny Cedeno
-Rich Hill

-or-

Orioles get:
-Manny Ramirez
-Red Sox take part of Manny's contract

I'd go with the Red Sox.

Fenway
12-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Ramirez offered for Tejada (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/12/10/ramirez_offered_for_tejada)
The Red Sox wasted no time in contacting the Orioles about their disgruntled All-Star shortstop.

Tejada on dial (http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=116410)
By Michael Silverman
The Red Sox called the Orioles yesterday and offered Manny Ramirez for shortstop Miguel Tejada, according to an American League source. However, it is way too early to know if the Red Sox or any other team will be able to pry the disgruntled... [more (http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=116410)]

Tejada trade a possibility (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.orioles10dec10,1,1931850.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines)
Flanagan, Perlozzo unable to reach star

Here's hoping Tejada's jolt awakens sleepwalking O's (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.eisenberg10dec10,1,2626332.column?coll=bal-sports-headlines) - John Eisenberg

JoeClutch24
12-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Who aren't the Cubs trying to go get. It's the same as every year.

JUribe1989
12-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Ramirez offered for Tejada (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/12/10/ramirez_offered_for_tejada)
The Red Sox wasted no time in contacting the Orioles about their disgruntled All-Star shortstop.

Tejada on dial (http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=116410)
By Michael Silverman
The Red Sox called the Orioles yesterday and offered Manny Ramirez for shortstop Miguel Tejada, according to an American League source. However, it is way too early to know if the Red Sox or any other team will be able to pry the disgruntled... [more (http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=116410)]

Tejada trade a possibility (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.orioles10dec10,1,1931850.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines)
Flanagan, Perlozzo unable to reach star

Here's hoping Tejada's jolt awakens sleepwalking O's (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.eisenberg10dec10,1,2626332.column?coll=bal-sports-headlines) - John Eisenberg

Hey Fenway, what's the word there about you guys being able to pull of Tejada? Does anyone think there think the Red Sox are going to acquire Tejada?

It's Time
12-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Levine said the Cubs have the best package to offer the O's and said that if the O's indeed do trade him, the Cubs should be in good shape. He said Hill would have to been the deal and maybe even Pie.

Bruce is never wrong.

Ol' No. 2
12-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Levine said the Cubs have the best package to offer the O's and said that if the O's indeed do trade him, the Cubs should be in good shape. He said Hill would have to been the deal and maybe even Pie.

Bruce is never wrong.Let me get this straight. Tejada is unhappy with Baltimore because they're not putting together a winning team...so he's going to agree to go to the Cubs???:rolleyes:

WhiteSoxFan84
12-10-2005, 01:55 PM
First of all, IT'S GREAT TO BE BACK AND TO BE BACK AS A FAN OF THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS! :bandance: (IT'S PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY TIME! lol)

Second, the only way the Cubs land Miggy is if they agree to part ways with Mark Prior or Carlos Zambrano. Any Cub fan or "expert" thinking they can convince the O's to trade Miggy for Kerry Wood, Ronny Cedeno, and Corey Patterson, or a package similar to that, is nuts. Miggy is a one of the top 5 players in the game. You wouldn't trade Albert Pujols for injury-prone prospects (Felix Pie, Angel Guzman, etc.) would you? Or even injury-prone major leaguers (Wood). You have to give up top shelf, or at least near top shelf, talent if you want acquire top shelf talent.

In the end, I see Miggy staying. Maybe to Boston to Manny, probably not. We've seen these trade demends throughout the years in every sport. Most of the time, the player winds up shutting his mouth and sticking with the ballclub.

How about Juan Uribe, Orlando Hernandez, and Arnie Munoz for Miggy? That's a top shelf package.

SOXBOY
12-10-2005, 02:08 PM
If the O's want big league talent in return for Miggy then why do most Cub fans think that Wood,Patterson and prospect would do.Prior or Zambano and top prospect might get it done.

Fenway
12-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Hey Fenway, what's the word there about you guys being able to pull of Tejada? Does anyone think there think the Red Sox are going to acquire Tejada?

Fans are talking about it, the media is writing about it.
I have my doubts that Boston can pull it off, but if they agree to eat some of Manny's salary and throw in something else the O's might bite.

The NY papers are watching this closely and all agree the Yankees are very nervous that this will happen and there is nothing George can do to counter. The last thing the Yankees need is ANOTHER shortstop :smile:

Banix12
12-10-2005, 03:40 PM
If I'm the orioles and I'm dealing with the cubs and the cubs aren't willing to supply current major league talent like Prior or Zambrano, or can't supply wood because of his no-trade. I might still work out a deal if I can get 3-5 players in return, a combo of high prospects and role players.

If they gave up three pitchers for what seems will be one year of Pierre they had better be willing to sell off the whole farm for 4 years of Miguel Tejada.

Basically if I'm the orioles I ask for their two best pitching prospects that seem near ready and two solid hitting prospects. Throw in Jerome Williams for good measure.

So I ask for
Hill
Williams
Pie
Cedeno
maybe Guzman if they have assurances he is healthy, if not, some other pitcher.

I don't think the cubs are willing to do that exact trade but they had better be ready to sell of a bunch of their guys.

buehrle4cy05
12-10-2005, 03:44 PM
So the Red Sox, Cubs, and all 28 other MLB teams are interested in Tejada now?

Fenway
12-10-2005, 03:46 PM
So the Red Sox, Cubs, and all 28 other MLB teams are interested in Tejada now?

Make that 27 I think one can rule out the Marlins :cool:

buehrle4cy05
12-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Make that 27 I think one can rule out the Marlins :cool:

Hold on, fenway. Maybe Florida is stacking all those prospects to trade for Tejada!

rwcescato
12-10-2005, 04:31 PM
According to Bruce Levine (why do we list him as a source) both the Cubs and Bosox have inquired about the availability and price of Miguel Tejada. Supposedly Bosox offer Manny yesterday. I'm guessing Baltimore didn't like cause you figure they have accepted a straight up swap as such.

I heard Levine on am1000 this am. I thought he was getting a woody talking about Tejada going to the flubs. I was like settle down Bruce it hasn't happened yet.
Rich

monkeypants
12-10-2005, 07:08 PM
I do have to admit that Hendry is very good at picking off good players from clubs that are in disarray (Pirates, Marlins) without having to give much up. It doesn't seem that crazy to think the Cubs can pull this off. Baltimore probably doesn't want to trade within their division so the Cubs just might be in the driver's seat.

Banix12
12-10-2005, 09:30 PM
I do have to admit that Hendry is very good at picking off good players from clubs that are in disarray (Pirates, Marlins) without having to give much up. It doesn't seem that crazy to think the Cubs can pull this off. Baltimore probably doesn't want to trade within their division so the Cubs just might be in the driver's seat.

A lot of GM's do that to those teams though. That's primarily the reason teams like those are in disarray. Though I don't think Hendry sent over worthless guys over to the Marlins. If anything the past history of the cubs trading to the Marlins shows that the marlins end up doing well when they trade.

Flight #24
12-13-2005, 04:47 PM
FWIW, LevineLine, with no actuall support, just said he thinks Tejada will either be in Baltimore or with the Cubs. They've "had more than 1 conversation", and it will depend on whether or not the O's want to move him.

Of course his rumored package was Rich Hill, Corey Patterson, Ronny Cedeno, and Angel Guzman, I can only assume the O's will stand fast until the Cubs add in Brooks Kieschnick to that stellar package.

SoxFan76
12-13-2005, 05:12 PM
I know it was already said, but it deserves to be mentioned again.

What team isn't interested in Miguel Tejada right now.

:rolleyes:

Chisox003
12-13-2005, 05:16 PM
I know it was already said, but it deserves to be mentioned again.

What team isn't interested in Miguel Tejada right now.

:rolleyes:
Exactly...

Like Roger Clemens...Sportscenter had, at the top of their show the other night, a thing on how the Red Sox are interested in Clemens and even contacted him.

Who ISN'T interested in these guys? Honestly.....

It's Time
12-13-2005, 05:39 PM
FWIW, LevineLine, with no actuall support, just said he thinks Tejada will either be in Baltimore or with the Cubs. They've "had more than 1 conversation", and it will depend on whether or not the O's want to move him.

Of course his rumored package was Rich Hill, Corey Patterson, Ronny Cedeno, and Angel Guzman, I can only assume the O's will stand fast until the Cubs add in Brooks Kieschnick to that stellar package.

IMO, the Cubs would be very foolish to give away Cedeno, especially if they are trading Hill. Of all the over hyped prospects we've heard about on the Cubs, Cedeno can actually justify it.

Joosh
12-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Cubs get:
Tejada

Baltimore gets:
Vazquez
Ronny Cedeno
Cash Considerations from Cubs(Vazquez Contract)?

Arizona gets:
Felix Pie
Corey Patterson
Mark Pawelek

Would this do it?

Banix12
12-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Cubs get:
Tejada

Baltimore gets:
Vazquez
Ronny Cedeno
Cash Considerations from Cubs(Vazquez Contract)?

Arizona gets:
Felix Pie
Corey Patterson
Mark Pawelek

Would this do it?

Aren't the Yankees already paying a good portion of his contract? That might work but I would hate to see that Arizona OF with both Patterson and Corey Patterson part deux, also known as Pie.