PDA

View Full Version : Possible Trades

JohnTucker0814
12-09-2005, 12:26 PM
First I want to say, there is no reports of any of these trades... just me being a GM! Don't be too harsh on me...

Here are some hypotheticals, if these trades were proposed to you, would you take them?

Hank Blalock 3b (Tex) for Joe Crede and Jon Garland

Miguel Tejada SS (Bal) for Juan Uribe and Jon Garland

Bobby Abreu OF (Phi) for Jermaine Dye and Jon Garland

My choice would be to get Abreu of those 3. I think our infield defense was awesome last year! All 3 of those hitters are number 3 hitters, is what we need...

Go ahead and rip me or start the speculation!

crazyozzie02
12-09-2005, 12:33 PM
I hate all three of them. Crede, Uribe, Garland, and Dye are extremely important to our team. And whats you problem with Garland?

RallyBowl
12-09-2005, 12:35 PM
*sigh*

JohnTucker0814
12-09-2005, 12:40 PM
I have absolutely no problem with any of the players! I love all of them, I'm just using Garland because he's arbitration eligible and I think he is going to want more money than the White Sox want to pay, thats all.

I'm a huge Sox fan, and I was just wanting to start a discussion!

The reason I picked Abreu is because I love Crede and Uribe on the left side. One of the best defensive left sides around.

Everyone has heard Blalock, Abreu and Tejada's names being out there, and we all know KW will listen to everyone!

I'm happy with the team... however I still think we have a hole at #3 in the order... any of those 3 fill that hole...

Geeterman1
12-09-2005, 12:46 PM
I also thought up that Tejada trade last night. It's time to get rid of Garland. We're not going to be able to keep him after next year. Its not like we don't have enough pitchers, BMac is in the pen.

Randar68
12-09-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm happy with the team... however I still think we have a hole at #3 in the order... any of those 3 fill that hole...

HUH? ***?

:thome (how the hell is there no Thome tag yet?)
"Did someone mention a #3 hitter?"

That said, Uribe and Garland for Tejada is a pretty good fit. They actually will match up salary-wise pretty closely depending on what Garland gets in Arbitration, but Tejada is ultimately cheaper over the next couple years and much lower maintenance than Uribe or Garland...

Chisox003
12-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh my ......... :o:

This thread is mind boggling :nuts:

There's been a few bad ones over the past couple days, but this is reallllly bad.

At least we can depend on El Duque to pitch 200+ innings and stay healthy/effective the entire season, right? And well, if he can't, 4 man rotation it is! To hell with pitching and defense, we need more hitting!

Hangar18
12-09-2005, 12:53 PM
HUH? ***?

:thome (how the hell is there no Thome tag yet?)
"Did someone mention a #3 hitter?"

That said, Uribe and Garland for Tejada is a pretty good fit. They actually will match up salary-wise pretty closely depending on what Garland gets in Arbitration, but Tejada is ultimately cheaper over the next couple years and much lower maintenance than Uribe or Garland...

Say ............ I like this trade. Garland pretty much wrote his ticket out of town by rejecting the offer the SOX gave him. Kenny?

JohnTucker0814
12-09-2005, 12:53 PM
You can not honestly think Thome is a number 3 hitter. Right now we have 2 number 4 hitters. Your number 3 should be a high average guy, good contact, some power. Thome and Konerko are not that and niether is Dye.

I agree that Garland is very durable, but you have to capitalize when his value is at it's highest. If KW know's he can't sign him after next year trade him.

Would you not take a Washburn as a number 4 pitcher?

Hangar18
12-09-2005, 12:58 PM
You can not honestly think Thome is a number 3 hitter. Right now we have 2 number 4 hitters. Your number 3 should be a high average guy, good contact, some power. Thome and Konerko are not that and niether is Dye.

man, thats in interesting, if not Ominous point. Is Thome willing to hit a single instead of a homerun? Is Thome able to go the other way with a pitch?

JohnTucker0814
12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Hangar18, that you for not ripping me. I've been reading all the messages on this board for over a year now, and haven't really posted much cause I didn't want people to rip me...

I appreciate it...

Thank you!

BTW... this site is awesome, I love reading the posts. This last year was magical! You could just feel it at the end of the year... something was on our side... i was at the ALCS #2 game... MAGICAL!

Randar68
12-09-2005, 01:03 PM

I agree that Garland is very durable, but you have to capitalize when his value is at it's highest. If KW know's he can't sign him after next year trade him.

Would you not take a Washburn as a number 4 pitcher?

It would be nice to have a .330-30-120 guy hitting #3 in the order, but outside of that being available (only a few in baseball period), I think I'll take a guy who hits 40+ HR's and takes 100+ walks a year 8 days a week.

Thome is a #3 hitter on at least 20 teams in baseball. But he's not a #3 hitter on our team? :(:

samram
12-09-2005, 01:04 PM
man, thats in interesting, if not Ominous point. Is Thome willing to hit a single instead of a homerun? Is Thome able to go the other way with a pitch?

Willing to hit a single instead of a homer? I don't know what that even means. No team expects its 3 hitter to slap at the ball and I don't know of a situation in which a single is better than a homerun. And, if you've ever watched Thome, you would know that he's got big power to the opposite field.

Randar68
12-09-2005, 01:05 PM

LOL! Thome hits a lot of HR's and doubles to left-center. He'll take the outside pitch the other way.

Who cares if he hits a single in front of Konerko. What is that gonna do? He's there to drive in Pods/Iguchi. He takes over 100 walks every year. It's not like he doesn't get hits other than HR's, people...

*BOGGLE*

MERPER
12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
One of the biggest, and most unheralded, changes Ozzie made for the playoffs was switching Everett and Dye.... one of the Sox issues down the stretch of the regular season was lack of production from the 3 hole...

Once Dye got there and settled in, he really stabalized that spot... He still used some power but was really looking to go the other way and up the middle.. he was also taking more pitches... he really adapted well and that's one of the biggest reasons the offense was clicking so well in the playoffs

In my mind, Dye is our #3 hitter when spring training begins!

Randar68
12-09-2005, 01:09 PM
One of the biggest, and most unheralded, changes Ozzie made for the playoffs was switching Everett and Dye.... one of the Sox issues down the stretch of the regular season was lack of production from the 3 hole...

Once Dye got there and settled in, he really stabalized that spot... He still used some power but was really looking to go the other way and up the middle.. he was also taking more pitches... he really adapted well and that's one of the biggest reasons the offense was clicking so well in the playoffs

In my mind, Dye is our #3 hitter when spring training begins!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:whoflungpoo

Jermaine Dye hit #3 out of necessity. HE IS NOT A #3 HITTER, and especially not when you have a Jim Thome on your team. He hit well in the #3 hole for 6 or 8 games and now suddenly he should be our #3 hitter... Just total crap...

Sheeeesh.

TONY23
12-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Tejeda I Like.

voodoochile
12-09-2005, 01:36 PM

*****!

Why would someone care if a player hit a HR instead of a single?

samram
12-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Tejeda I Like.

Just gonna stick with Tejeda, eh?

AnkleSox
12-09-2005, 01:41 PM
The only way I like any of these deals is if we get a quality starting pitcher to replace Garland. The past few years before 2005 we had frank, konerko, and magglio in the lineup but still failed to catch the twins because every fifth game ended up with our starting pitcher getting shelled.

If Thome's healthy, and with mackowiak on the bench, we're already guaranteed a significantly stronger offense than last year, to go along with pretty much the same pitching staff. Great pitching should be the core of the team, with added offense being icing on the cake, not the other way around. Witha potent offense but lacking 5 capable starters, 20% of our games could end up with us losing slugfests 13-10. Bring back any memories, anyone?

That being said, if the sox could sign Washburn after such a trade was made, one of these could end up being a great move. I like Abreu or Tejada a lot more than Blalock though, I say it would have to be between one of those two.

getonbckthr
12-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Sorry to burst bubbles here but Baltimore would want more than Garland and Uribe for Tejada. You have to give up 1 of our 5 CF's.

Randar68
12-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Sorry to burst bubbles here but Baltimore would want more than Garland and Uribe for Tejada. You have to give up 1 of our 5 CF's.

Uhhh, if all it took was to add Owens to this deal, I'd fly to Caracas and pack his bags for him to get it done.

veeter
12-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I also thought up that Tejada trade last night. It's time to get rid of Garland. We're not going to be able to keep him after next year. Its not like we don't have enough pitchers, BMac is in the pen. After next year, Contreras and El Duke could be gone. So no, we wouldn't have enough pitchers. Who says we're not going to be able to keep him?

Jjav829
12-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Just gonna stick with Tejeda, eh?

Accuracy is overrated.

FWIW, #1 absolutely blows.

#3 isn't all that good.

#2 is the best of the three and I would do it if we could find a replacement for Garland.

Tragg
12-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Hank Blalock 3b (Tex) for Joe Crede and Jon Garland

That has got to be the most one-sided trade idea I've ever read in my life. I wouldn't trade Joe Crede straight up for Blalock.

Baby Fisk
12-09-2005, 04:54 PM
For those of you in need of a real laugh, please read this infamous trade proposal thread. Not only was the trade proposal a source of great hilarity, but the thread starter did a spectacular crash and burn. Enjoy!

Trade Shingo... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49922&page=1&pp=15)

And the sequel thread!

I don't want to be a member anymore... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49933&page=1&pp=15)

Tragg
12-09-2005, 04:56 PM

Jermaine Dye hit #3 out of necessity. HE IS NOT A #3 HITTER, and especially not when you have a Jim Thome on your team. He hit well in the #3 hole for 6 or 8 games and now suddenly he should be our #3 hitter... Just total crap...

Sheeeesh.
I think the guy has a point - he hit better as a 3 than as a 5 (at least he semed to display more patience), so I hope he applies the approach he had as a 3, when he's put back as a 5. Unfortunately, many hitters prefer to wail away because they get paid for homers and rbis, and a walk often deprives the hitter of that opportunity.
A lot of teams use their 2 main power sources at 4 and 5 versus 3 and 4. We got spoiled with Frank and his .440 OBP at 3.

beckett21
12-09-2005, 05:02 PM
For those of you in need of a real laugh, please read this infamous trade proposal thread. Not only was the trade proposal a source of great hilarity, but the thread starter did a spectacular crash and burn. Enjoy!

Trade Shingo... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49922&page=1&pp=15)

And the sequel thread!

I don't want to be a member anymore... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49933&page=1&pp=15)

Classics. :D:

The Deacon
12-09-2005, 10:52 PM

Sheeeesh.

He hit in the #3 hole for 12 games (the playoffs). We went 11-1. He may not be the prototypical #3 hitter but you cant argue that we did well when he hit in that position. Now that Thome is on board Dye probably wont be the #3 hitter b/c it typically goes to a left handed bat. Ideally the #3 spot is reserved for the team's best all-round hitter. I think you can make a serious argument that Dye IS our best all-round hitter. After all, he hit a groundball single up the middle when the situation called for it.

It's a shame you have to patronize people that disagree with you.

Tragg
12-09-2005, 11:06 PM

And the sequel thread!

Some people are just naive, really young, etc. He seems like a nice person.

TheOldRoman
12-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Some people are just naive, really young, etc. He seems like a nice person.
He was a troll from the Cubs board. They started a thread on there laughing at us for some reason. I guess they didn't realize that we tore him to shreds, and nobody took him seriously. Oh well, when your team is a national laughingstock and a perennial joke, I guess you have to resort to trolling to have a good time.

SOXSINCE'70
12-09-2005, 11:39 PM
HUH? ***?

Thome

No,Konerko or Dye.
I'd like to see Thome hit 4th.
That breaks up the abundance of right handed hitters
the Sox have,IMHO.

Chisox003
12-10-2005, 12:12 AM
He was a troll from the Cubs board. They started a thread on there laughing at us for some reason. I guess they didn't realize that we tore him to shreds, and nobody took him seriously. Oh well, when your team is a national laughingstock and a perennial joke, I guess you have to resort to trolling to have a good time.
Ah, so that's what they do for a good time, eh?

Funny. When we get bored, instead of "trolling" other sites, we just pop in a World Series DVD and remember how sweet October, hell the entire 2005 season, was.

Cubs who? Huh? Please .... :rolleyes:

TheOldRoman
12-10-2005, 12:14 AM
No,Konerko or Dye.
I'd like to see Thome hit 4th.
That breaks up the abundance of right handed hitters
the Sox have,IMHO.
Konerko is not a 3 hitter. He has shown that over the years.
Remember back to September. He had been on fire for over a week when Ozzie moved him to the 3 spot. He immediately went ice cold. Thome is much more capable of being a 3 hitter. I would love to see Thome hit 4 also, but that wouldn't happen unless we trade for Tejada.