PDA

View Full Version : Time and Again

Exit_Only
12-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I think I'm obsessed with the White Sox. A lot of times when I look at a digital clock, I'll relate the minute time to the jersey number of a Sox player.

The scary thing is this is all the unconscious brain working; I'm not trying to think of Sox jersey numbers, it just pops into my conscious brain. The same thing happens to me when I see the day's date. The saddest part is that whatever minute number I see affects my mood for the next few minutes. Like today I saw 8:35 and lamented the loss of Big Hurt. Other times I've seen 24 and become disgusted.

Well, I just looked at the clock and it's 22 after. I'll never forget you blowing two-finger kisses at the Wrigley crowd Josť.

bighurt2719
12-09-2005, 10:32 AM
I think I'm obsessed with the White Sox. A lot of times when I look at a digital clock, I'll relate the minute time to the jersey number of a Sox player.

The scary thing is this is all the unconscious brain working; I'm not trying to think of Sox jersey numbers, it just pops into my conscious brain. The same thing happens to me when I see the day's date. The saddest part is that I whatever minute number I see affects my mood for the next few minutes. Like today I saw 8:35 and lamented the loss of Big Hurt. Other times I've seen 24 and I'd get disgusted.

Well, I just looked at the clock and it's 22 after. I'll never forget you blowing two-finger kisses at the Wrigley crowd Josť.

that was a great moment in sox history for me. i still like valentin for that

JoeClutch24
12-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Me too, I found my self behind a bus with the number 44 and Brian Anderson was the 1st thing that came to mind.

Jjav829
12-09-2005, 05:44 PM

The scary thing is this is all the unconscious brain working; I'm not trying to think of Sox jersey numbers, it just pops into my conscious brain. The same thing happens to me when I see the day's date. The saddest part is that whatever minute number I see affects my mood for the next few minutes. Like today I saw 8:35 and lamented the loss of Big Hurt. Other times I've seen 24 and become disgusted.

I'm glad I'm not the only nutjob. At the gym I will do my sets based on player's numbers, be it the Sox or other teams. Usually one set I will do 12 reps (can anyone guess why?). Sometimes I'll combine sets to create one number (ie: I'll do 35 a lot). When I'm on the treadmill I will stop on player's numbers. Yeah, I'm weird. :tongue:

That's not to say I do less than I can because I'm at a certain number, but I'll push out one or two more to hit a certain number.

Exit_Only
12-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Me too, I found my self behind a bus with the number 44 and Brian Anderson was the 1st thing that came to mind.

Wow, you must have it worse than me. I had no idea what BRAN's jersey number was.

batmanZoSo
12-09-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only nutjob. At the gym I will do my sets based on player's numbers, be it the Sox or other teams. Usually one set I will do 12 reps (can anyone guess why?). Sometimes I'll combine sets to create one number (ie: I'll do 35 a lot). When I'm on the treadmill I will stop on player's numbers. Yeah, I'm weird. :tongue:

That's not to say I do less than I can because I'm at a certain number, but I'll push out one or two more to hit a certain number.

When I was a kid I was absolutely obsessed with sports, not so much anymore. But I related everything to baseball, especially numbers. To this day I still have a habit of remembering phone numbers by splitting the suffix into two jersey numbers. It just happens naturally--when I see four numbers, I see two players' backs.

Buehrle's my favorite non-hitter, so I use his high number as an excuse not to lift weights. :bandance:

crazyozzie02
12-09-2005, 06:12 PM
I work at my local KMART and my locker number is 56. I am sooooo proud of that number and everytime i go by it i smack it like notre dame players do with the "play like a champion" sign. The same thing also happens with random numbers. Its pretty sweet.

The Critic
12-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Usually one set I will do 12 reps (can anyone guess why?).

Robbie Alomar?
:redneck

Jurr
12-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I think we're all bad like that. I listen to a different Sox game on Gameday audio while I'm cleaning the house or getting ready to go out. It never fails. I love this team.

soxinem1
01-05-2006, 10:21 PM

Nah, you are not a nut job, you are creatively incorporating something you love into your daily routine. We all do that.

I'm the nut job! I'm the guy playing Gene Honda introducing the Sox with 'Star Wars' playing in the background, then rolls the window down and cranks it up when some cub-stickered car drives by me. A good set of woofers and tweeters help too.

I hope it goes well with their morning cubune!!

TheDarkGundam
01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
On the first day back at school after break (Tues.), it took me second to remember my locker combination. Once I had thought of it, I realized my combo is "Rowand, Ozzie, Willie". I was shocked I hadn't realized it before.

HomeFish
01-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Everytime I drive past 43rd street, I get sentimental about the Milkman.

ChiSoxLifer
01-05-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm happy every morning when I put my sox on. :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

mccombe_35
01-06-2006, 08:02 AM

I'm not real big on remembering jersey numbers (see MJ&H), but #44 always brings back memories of Dan Pasqua for some reason

rocky biddle
01-06-2006, 08:25 AM
This year my neice started kindergarten. When she got home from her first day she called me and all she kept saying was "I got Paul Konerko, I got Paul Konerko!!!" I didn't know what the hell she was talking about so finally I asked her to explain and she said her locker number is 14. Awesome.

SOXintheBURGH
01-06-2006, 08:28 AM
My old lisensce plate was AJ Pierzynski (for letters), Paulie, Podsednik. :o:

I miss that plate. Now its all lame.

mjharrison72
01-06-2006, 09:07 AM
On the first day back at school after break (Tues.), it took me second to remember my locker combination. Once I had thought of it, I realized my combo is "Rowand, Ozzie, Willie". I was shocked I hadn't realized it before.
Dude... I'm totally going to break into your locker. :D:

TheDarkGundam
01-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Dude... I'm totally going to break into your locker. :D:
Good thing you don't know my locker number, which I just realized is also a player's number.:redneck

soxfanatlanta
01-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Good thing you don't know my locker number, which I just realized is also a player's number.:redneck

Thanks for narrowing it down for us...the race is on!
:smile:

I really have to stop obsessing about this team, I'm getting worried about my mental state. I'm trying to teach my son (pictured below) the grip for a forkball, and he hasn't even mastered the four-seamer yet.

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1213/2/15/67/87/57/7/757876715203_0_ALB.jpg

Still, it's nice that I'm not alone.

mccoydp
01-06-2006, 02:40 PM
The end of the baseball season (and the WS championship) was refreshing, in a way, because it meant that I could relax and get some personal stuff accomplished.
That feeling lasted for two days...I've been anxious for the start of the 2006 season ever since.
I wore my authentic Frank Thomas Sox jersey for three days straight, off and on, after Christmas...I'm hanging on until spring training starts.