PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi to play for Team Japan in WBC

eriqjaffe
12-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Didn't see another thread about this, delete this if it's redundant:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051208&content_id=1279925&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws&partnered=rss_cws

bobowhite
12-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Bravo for Iguchi !!!

Gamberu Iguchi-san !!!!

Ventura Fan 23
12-09-2005, 10:29 AM
If Ozzie's gonna give him a different spot in the batting order, he's going to need to be in spring training to get used to it. How much time will this world baseball classic take?

mdep524
12-09-2005, 10:55 AM
<Sigh> Stupid WBC... :(:

Lip Man 1
12-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Another injury risk so Proud To Be Your Bud can make more money. Garbage.

Lip

TheKittle
12-09-2005, 12:18 PM
If Ozzie's gonna give him a different spot in the batting order, he's going to need to be in spring training to get used to it. How much time will this world baseball classic take?

Geez these guys are professionals. It shouldn't take forever to get used to hitting lower in the order. I mean it's not like changing positions like going from 2nd to the OF or something.

StockdaleForVeep
12-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Why does nobody complain about players in winterball ball or somethin. For the wbc or olympics, the worry is "INJURY! SO STUPID DONT PLAY!" Yet when guys go to winterball, people go "Good, he needs the experience"

Stop bein hypocrits

eriqjaffe
12-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Why does nobody complain about players in winterball ball or somethin. For the wbc or olympics, the worry is "INJURY! SO STUPID DONT PLAY!" Yet when guys go to winterball, people go "Good, he needs the experience"Because, generally, the guys who play winter ball aren't your starters.

StockdaleForVeep
12-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Because, generally, the guys who play winter ball aren't your starters.

Rowand and at a time willie were our starters and played winter ball.

eriqjaffe
12-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Rowand and at a time willie were our starters and played winter ball.Rowand hadn't really played to his potential yet, and Willie was the starter because there wasn't anybody else to do it. At the time, they both needed the extra practice. Heck, Willie still does.

mdep524
12-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Why does nobody complain about players in winterball ball or somethin. For the wbc or olympics, the worry is "INJURY! SO STUPID DONT PLAY!" Yet when guys go to winterball, people go "Good, he needs the experience"

Stop bein hypocrits Winterball doesn't interfere with spring training, an important time when tight-knit teams like the 2005 White Sox begin bonding and training together and the coaching staff evaluates its talent. Plus, like eriqjaffe said, elite players don't play winterball. I can GUARANTEE you Buehrle, Garcia and Iguchi would NOT be playing winterball this year. Your analogy is way off.

gf2020
12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Plus, like eriqjaffe said, elite players don't play winterball.
Not true. Many elite players DO play winterball.
From: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/specials/spring_training/2005/athlon/angels.html
Angels GM Bill Stoneman hates when his veterans play winter ball, but his closer Francisco Rodriguez and his best player, Vladimir Guerrero, both played. In his first game for Licey in the Dominican, Guerrero made a diving catch. Considering Guerrero missed two months with a back problem in 2003, Stoneman wouldn’t have enjoyed that scene.

JUribe1989
12-09-2005, 03:56 PM
There's nothing wrong with Iguchi wanting to represent his country in the WBC. Perhaps he has some friends on the team that he wants to play with again. I'm thrilled that he is going to play.

paciorek1983
12-09-2005, 04:30 PM
I don't know what it is, but I'm just not interested in this WBC thing. I think it's because I think it's Bud's prelude to making MLB a world league and I don't want that.