PDA

View Full Version : Question about batgirl Twin fan

gobears1987
12-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Does anybody know what bat bitch posted when the Sox won it?

Baby Fisk
12-09-2005, 10:26 AM
You could go to her blog and see. :dunno:

cleanwsox
12-09-2005, 10:32 AM
She gave the Sox their dues, but you could tell you she wasn't too happy about it. She was basically giving all her love to AJ.

Uncle_Patrick
12-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Does anybody know what bat bitch posted when the Sox won it?

I took a look a few days after everything was over and she fine about the whole thing. That psychopath Leslie (the "whiney sux" guy) was apparently very distraught. I didn't see what he posted on Batgirl's site, but it was apparently bad enough for her to delete it and give him a warning.

Palehose13
12-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Why do you guys visit these sites?

tebman
12-09-2005, 12:08 PM
A fair question. I wonder the same thing when I see posts or hear complaints about radio gasbags that say insulting things about the Sox.

What all these people (bloggers, writers, radio/TV "personalities") want is somebody to read their stuff or listen to their bleatings. In their business, it's literally true that if you ignore them, they'll go away.

Fenway
12-09-2005, 12:08 PM
She is overjoyed about Damaso leaving

http://www.bat-girl.com/archives/001253.php#comments

Why do fans visit other teams sites? Because we fans.

The funiest thing on the internet is when Boston fans start fighting each other on the Yankees board nyyfans.com and it happens almost daily.

But baseball fans are tame, check out some of the fan boards of Glasgow Celtic and Rangers :o:

and the Man City fans are enjoying ManU's problems.

monkeypants
12-09-2005, 12:16 PM
and the Man City fans are enjoying ManU's problems.

Everyone is enjoying ManU's problems.

Go Spurs!

Uncle_Patrick
12-09-2005, 12:25 PM

I like to see the thoughts and opinions of other baseball fans. I expect to disagree with some of the things people say about the Sox but I'm not gonna run back here and say "Hey, look what these jerks said!" (nor would I troll and try and cause trouble). But, there is also some insight to be gained as what's going on with other teams and there's some amusement to be had. I'm sure I'm not the only one who got a kick out reading all those Sox-haters on other boards eat their words and wallow in their own misery after the Sox won the World Series, or those who were trying in vain to convince themselves that the White Sox had some how "lucked" their way through the playoffs.

skottyj242
12-09-2005, 12:36 PM

The funiest thing on the internet is when Boston fans start fighting each other on the Yankees board nyyfans.com and it happens almost daily.

The funniest thing I ever saw on the internet was a dude getting kicked in the balls by a mule. Now that's funny.

Iwritecode
12-09-2005, 01:13 PM
She is overjoyed about Damaso leaving

http://www.bat-girl.com/archives/001253.php#comments

Not sure why. He didn't exactly dominate them. 11 K's and 22 BB :o: with a 3.04 ERA in 24.2 innnings against them. They averaged .171 against him so they weren't getting a lot of hits but they were still getting on base and scoring some runs.

Cleveland should be the ones jumping for joy. 49K's :o: and 10 BB in 32 innings. ERA is 1.97 against them even though they were batting .18 points higher than the Twins.

eriqjaffe
12-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Wow, Batgirl and I were both afraid of Damaso Marte!

spiffie
12-09-2005, 01:25 PM

Because I enjoy her writing. Because I feel like the sniping that goes on is the kind of sniping I can enjoy, in that no one wants to throw fists or anything over it. I know others on the site hate her, and I can understand it, but the whole crew of folks who hang out there entertain me.

Doug Mientkiewicz and AJP as furbies was one of the funnier things I saw this year. But I'm amused by odd things sometimes.

ma-gaga
12-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Doug Mientkiewicz and AJP as furbies was one of the funnier things I saw this year. But I'm amused by odd things sometimes.

gawd, I had forgotten about that.

http://www.bat-girl.com/archives/swing2.jpg

elrod
12-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Leslie said she hated the White Sox as much as she hated Osama Bin Laden. For that, her post was deleted. Ah, some people just don't have that perspective thing down.

Fuller_Schettman
12-09-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm with spiffie. I totally dig her musings. And those Legovision blurbs are funnier than all get out. But she is not for everybody, that is for certain. And there are a number of idiots that hang out there.

SSN721
12-09-2005, 04:56 PM
I think she is a pretty good writer, rather witty, and I havent seem much on the internet to match how awesome "legovision" is. Herself and many posters there also seem to be more reasonable fans that can post rather intelligently about baseball and are fun to read and converse with.

miker
12-09-2005, 05:01 PM
...or those who were trying in vain to convince themselves that the White Sox had some how "lucked" their way through the playoffs.
Wasn't that the job of ESPN and the Tribune Company... (Hmmm, to teal or not to teal?)

batmanZoSo
12-09-2005, 06:03 PM
I took a look a few days after everything was over and she fine about the whole thing. That psychopath Leslie (the "whiney sux" guy) was apparently very distraught. I didn't see what he posted on Batgirl's site, but it was apparently bad enough for her to delete it and give him a warning.

I talked to him or her a lot on AIM during the playoff run and he never talked trash or showed that he was upset. Really a knowledgable fan when it's one on one. I don't know what clicks in his brain when he's alone on his blog.

FedEx227
12-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Did she make a Lego representation of AJ cheating the Sox to victory?

Palehose13
12-10-2005, 01:46 AM
I talked to him or her a lot on AIM during the playoff run and he never talked trash or showed that he was upset. Really a knowledgable fan when it's one on one. I don't know what clicks in his brain when he's alone on his blog.

I had the exact opposite experience with him. I blocked him after about 5-10 minutes.

batmanZoSo
12-10-2005, 02:05 AM
I had the exact opposite experience with him. I blocked him after about 5-10 minutes.

I don't take (at least what I deem to be) objective criticisms personally, so I guess it never had the chance to escalate to an argument. I haven't seen him online in a while, though, he must be hanging from a rafter somewhere. :D:

Palehose13
12-10-2005, 02:11 AM
I don't take (at least what I deem to be) objective criticisms personally, so I guess it never had the chance to escalate to an argument. I haven't seen him online in a while, though, he must be hanging from a rafter somewhere. :D:

He didn't "objectively criticize". At first I thought he was a teenage troll writing stuff like "White Sux" and other useless trolling that I have purged from my memory. If he would have written a maturely constructed sentence I would have engaged in conversation. However, all he did was bash the Sox and this site with no back up to his statements. Maybe he was different to me cause I'm a mod (I would imagine that he was banned from here).

Edit: Here is a thread I started about him this year:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58207

lostletters
12-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Even as a die hard sox fan, I enjoy bat-girl. I really do not group her into the rest of the media, or other bloggers. I don't know, she is something special. I think she is probably aware there are White Sox fans that read her blog as well.

She is a good enough writer and irreverent enough to enjoy. Plus it is fun to see what the fans of our division rivals are thinking, and Bat-girl does bring a little of that perspective with a good dose of humor.

Plus this is not like the talk show host on the radio who slam the sox and thier players, or the underhanded comments coming from the rest of the press both locally and nationally. She is pretty upfront about her perspective, and you know she is a fan, instead of pretending to be "an expert". To tell you the truth, I rather read the blog a die hard twins fan, then what some call analysis and journalism.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Everyone is enjoying ManU's problems.

Go Spurs!

:rolling: LOOOOL

you guys don't miss a thing! i love it

batmanZoSo
12-10-2005, 03:20 PM
He didn't "objectively criticize". At first I thought he was a teenage troll writing stuff like "White Sux" and other useless trolling that I have purged from my memory. If he would have written a maturely constructed sentence I would have engaged in conversation. However, all he did was bash the Sox and this site with no back up to his statements. Maybe he was different to me cause I'm a mod (I would imagine that he was banned from here).

Edit: Here is a thread I started about him this year:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58207

I'm not defending anything he's posted here and his blog is very juvenile and, well, stupid. But on AIM he's alright to talk to in my opinion. It's just my personality I guess. I'm able to get along with people like that...it doesn't make you wrong or me right. Don't get me wrong there.