PDA

View Full Version : Most hated visiting player...

soxinem1
12-09-2005, 06:49 AM
http://www.homeruncards.com/imagesrc/hendersonrtp.jpg

THE GUY WHO PUT THE 'ME' IN TEAM, RICKEY HENDERSON!

ChiSoxIn06
12-09-2005, 07:03 AM
It used to be Jaque Jones...but now I think its Travis Hafner.

DumpJerry
12-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Just one? Hmmm.....Toriiii or Boomer or Tito Landrum? Yeah, Tito Landrum! He made me cry like a baby....

Frankly Missing
12-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Hunter and Higginson spring to mind.

Sosa of coursa. :tongue:

LuvSox
12-09-2005, 07:48 AM
Pick a Cub, any Cub

Blancos Medias
12-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Corky! Corky!

Risk
12-09-2005, 08:09 AM
1) Torii Hunter
2) Scammy Soso
3) Rafael "I have never taken steriods in my life. Period." Palmiero
4) Jason "Empty Apology" Giambi (screwed Frank out of his 3rd MVP--as far as I'm concerned he can burn in the hottest pit in hell):angry:

Risk

bighurt2719
12-09-2005, 08:14 AM
1) Torii Hunter
2) Scammy Soso
4) Jason "Empty Apology" Giambi (screwed Frank out of his 3rd MVP--as far as I'm concerned he can burn in the hottest pit in hell):angry:

Risk

i have really come to hate plamiero since he was caught with his ****ing pants down lying. and yea, giambi is a punk for juicing and taking franks MVP...but despite his apology being empty, its better than palmiero's continued denial or the worst of all, bonds

IlliniSox4Life
12-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Tori Hunter

The game where he ran into Jamie Burke at the plate sealed it for me. I was at the game, and that looked as intentional as intentional could be. Plus it basically took the heart out of our team in 04 and the division race.

SoxSpeed22
12-09-2005, 08:20 AM
No Robert Fick or Karim Garcia yet? Those two MFs blindsiding Foulke made them a good choice.
I think Torii Hunter's gonna win this one. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if the Sox decided to do something about it rather than lay down to them.

Dan Mega
12-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Tori Hunter
Jose Canseco
Anna Benson

JoeClutch24
12-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Torrie Hunter

NonetheLoaiza
12-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Sosa and Bobby Higginson. Man, I hate those guys.

Baby Fisk
12-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Robert Fick
A Rod
Carlos Zambrano
most Twins players

nccwsfan
12-09-2005, 08:32 AM
1) Torii Hunter
2) Scammy Soso
Risk

This one could be the mother of all "hated players" for the reasons stated- every player who has won 3 MVP awards is in the Hall. If for any reason Frank Thomas didn't make it to the HoF he could look at Giambi as one of the primary factors.

I hope this is going to be a moot point however.

wdelaney72
12-09-2005, 08:46 AM
David Wells

gowhitesox
12-09-2005, 08:50 AM
The only player I ever really disliked was David Wells and still do.

soxfan43
12-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Tori Hunter, Dmitri Young, Pudge Rodriquez and of course Carlos Zambrano (who took over for shammy)

Iwritecode
12-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Mike Sweeney - I swear the guy has a .500+ batting average against Sox pitchers.

Jim Thome - He killed us when he was with Cleveland.

Risk
12-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Mike Sweeney - I swear the guy has a .500+ batting average against Sox pitchers.

I agree. They are the type of players that you respect for their abilities, but absolutely loath having to face on the field. Those two, even though they are good guys, would always give me heartburn when they would come up to bat against the Sox.

In my original post I pretty much confined my dislike to players who I didn't like personally more than overall ability, but I still say screw em'.

Risk

RallyBowl
12-09-2005, 10:09 AM
O-EE-O.

credeistheman
12-09-2005, 10:19 AM
torii, hands down.

Hangar18
12-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Robert Fick

bighurt2719
12-09-2005, 10:24 AM

thome?? dude, hes with us now. keep hating...just hope you dont sit in the right field and get popped by one of his 40+ homers in '06

MUsoxfan
12-09-2005, 10:28 AM
thome?? dude, hes with us now. keep hating...just hope you dont sit in the right field and get popped by one of his 40+ homers in '06

He was a hated visiting player. Much like a certain catcher that won a World Series ring in 2005. Thome and AJP are guys you hate when they're playing against you, but you love them on your team

bighurt2719
12-09-2005, 10:31 AM
He was a hated visiting player. Much like a certain catcher that won a World Series ring in 2005. Thome and AJP are guys you hate when they're playing against you, but you love them on your team

the title of this thread is "most hated visiting player", and the post said nothing about no longer hating thome. i know exactly what you are saying and i agree with you, but that guys post said he hateS thome, not that he hateD thome, so i jumped on him.

my5thbench
12-09-2005, 10:34 AM
although I really like him...Reggie Jackson was the most FUN to boo

most hated easily Rickie Henderson, he's still a tool, still retiring &

unretiring as we speak

Professor
12-09-2005, 10:37 AM
It was fun to heckle this guy when Oakland came to town. I remember being at one game, I think it was the year the new park opened, when the taunts made him go to the umps to complain and it delayed the game.

:canseco

SoxFan76
12-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Zambrano just really pisses me off.

VenturaSoxFan23
12-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Fick, Fick and...did I mention Robert Fick? Too bad he's in San Diego. I haven't had my fill of booing him.

soxfan13
12-09-2005, 10:47 AM
This is from the past . Albert Belle gets my vote. He did look good in the Sox uniform though.

kraut83
Fick, Fick and...did I mention Robert Fick? Too bad he's in San Diego. I haven't had my fill of booing him.

Just wondering, what did I miss behind the hate for a player as mediocre as Robert Fick?

areilly
I like the lineup format from the other thread so here goes:

SP: Kerry Wood
SP: Carlos Zambrano
SP: Brendan Donnelly
SP: Curt Schilling
SP: Shaun Chacon
RP: Bob Wickman
RP: Francisco Rodriguez

C: Ivan Rodriguez
1B: Rafael Palmeiro
2B: Jeff Kent
SS: David Eckstein
3B: A-Rod
LF: Manny Ramirez
CF: Torii Hunter
RF: Shammy

DH: Dmitiri "There's only two teams in this division" Young

MUsoxfan
12-09-2005, 10:50 AM

I can't bring myself to dislike the little guy

VenturaSoxFan23
12-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Just wondering, what did I miss behind the hate for a player as mediocre as Robert Fick?

The Sox-Tigers brawl from a few years ago. Fick was just a bullpen catcher that day, but the chicken-you-know-what got involved in a 4 Tigers on 1 Keith Foulke beatdown in right center. He then struts off like he conquered England and gave everyone the finger.

I will never like that guy. Everything doesn't have to involve statistics or game play.

areilly
12-09-2005, 10:55 AM
I can't bring myself to dislike the little guy

I know there are more offensive people on the diamond, but I just can't get behind someone best described as "the pluckiest lil' leadoff man."

bobowhite
12-09-2005, 11:05 AM
The Sox-Tigers brawl from a few years ago. Fick was just a bullpen catcher that day, but the chicken-you-know-what got involved in a 4 Tigers on 1 Keith Foulke beatdown in right center. He then struts off like he conquered England and gave everyone the finger.

I will never like that guy. Everything doesn't have to involve statistics or game play.

I thought it was Magglio Ordonez they were holding down and pummeling. But I do hate Fick because of that anyways. I hate two others even more.

Johnny Damon. This past season I'm watching the Red Sox-White Sox game at USCF. Damon on second single to right and there might be a play at the plate. AJ has a foot on the plate and Damon will now beat the throw (the on-deck batter is signaling him to stand), instead Damon comes in feet first going after AJ's leg. AJ realizes what is happening and backs out quickly as the throw goes into second. Now, lots of guys play hard, but that's a cheap shot in my book. Catcher blocks the plate, sure take him out, but going into him trying to injure the guy, that's inappropriate.

Derek Jeter. Do I really need to provide a reason to hate Jeter?

Kuzman
12-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Torii Hunter.

Iwritecode
12-09-2005, 11:20 AM
the title of this thread is "most hated visiting player", and the post said nothing about no longer hating thome. i know exactly what you are saying and i agree with you, but that guys post said he hateS thome, not that he hateD thome, so i jumped on him.

Do I really have to spell it out for you? Everyone else seemed to understand what I was saying.

I hated seeing him (past tense) at the plate when he was (past tense) a visiting player with Cleveland.

I have no problem with him on the team now. I never once said that I hate him now. Quit putting words in my mouth and learn to read.

wilburaga
12-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Johnny Damon. This past season I'm watching the Red Sox-White Sox game at USCF. Damon on second single to right and there might be a play at the plate. AJ has a foot on the plate and Damon will now beat the throw (the on-deck batter is signaling him to stand), instead Damon comes in feet first going after AJ's leg. AJ realizes what is happening and backs out quickly as the throw goes into second. Now, lots of guys play hard, but that's a cheap shot in my book. Catcher blocks the plate, sure take him out, but going into him trying to injure the guy, that's inappropriate.

My recollection is that Damon and A.J. are buddies, having gone to the same high school. I doubt there was malicious intent in the incident you refer to. But IIRC it was Damon in his Royal days who nearly killed Chad Kreuter in a home plate collision. Nevertheless, I can't hate the guy who took out the Yankees in game 7 last year. Now Jeter is another story.

W

chisox117
12-09-2005, 11:43 AM
All-time: Paul O'neill

honorable mentions: Brett Boone, Joe Randa

:gulp:

Baby Fisk
12-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Another loveable Fick moment: Fick played for Atlanta in 2003. During the NLDS against the Cubs, Fick was the idiot who tried to slap the ball out of the 1Bman's glove while running out a grounder. Interviewed afterwards, his attitude was "I'll do whatever it takes to win" -- oblivious to the fact that he was condoning his own efforts to cheat. MLB fined his ass and the Braves sent him packing.

12-09-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm surprised nobody has said this guy yet...but we ALL hated AJ!! But now it is Travis Haffner for me, and I have a feeling he will kill us and the right field bleachers for years to come.

24thStFan
12-09-2005, 11:58 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2361Remember this guy? I still say it was a bush league play.

Chisox003
12-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm surprised nobody has said this guy yet...but we ALL hated AJ!!
Nooooo.....

I loved AJ (:duck: ) when he was a Twinky. Hated when the Sox were playing AGAINST him but loved the way he played (plays) the game. Passion, gritty, grinder.....Gotta love players like that whether they play for your team or not. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when he signed here.

My most "hated" player is the notorious Sox killers, such as the already mentioned Mike Sweeney. Everytime he steps to the plate I cringe.

One of my favorite Hawk/DJ moments this season was when the Sox played the Royals (August or September maybe) in KC:

DJ: "Right now, it seems that when Mike Sweeney comes up, we're like 'Ok, we got a chance.' "
(very next pitch)
Hawk: "That ball hit deep. 2-0 Kansas City, on the homerun by Mike Sweeney."

:roflmao: ....Seriously, Sweeney is THE Sox killer.

Norberto7
12-09-2005, 12:32 PM

Please do. I like Jeter. Give me a reason to hate him.

akingamongstmen
12-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Robert Fick. I never forgave him for what he did in the brawl with the Tigers.

cheeses_h_rice
12-09-2005, 12:44 PM
:nandrolone:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7085/1254/1600/zman.jpg

soxinem1
12-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Fick, rhymes with pr---, d---, etc.

I will never like that guy. Everything doesn't have to involve statistics or game play.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I can't stand that p***k! You know how tough it was to root for him to get a hit against the flubs on 03 playoffs.

Not likeing a guy because he kills your team because of his talents is one thing, but when they try to kill a member of your team, he's fair game.

I hope he comes back to the AL, WSI can give him a nice "Welcome back to the ML" serenade!

soxinem1
12-09-2005, 12:51 PM
It was fun to heckle this guy when Oakland came to town. I remember being at one game, I think it was the year the new park opened, when the taunts made him go to the umps to complain and it delayed the game.

:canseco

That was then (the benefit of steriods), this will be soon (the result of using them)!!

http://www.owlhouse.co.za/images/old-man.jpg

soxfanatlanta
12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
1. Dave "These guys can't hold my jock strap" Stewart.
2. Juice Canseco
3. Rusty Greer - he just friggin' killed the Sox. It seemed every time he came up to the plate, he'd smack a double, or a home run.
4. Isiah Thomas - yeah, off topic, but what a jackass.

palehozenychicty
12-09-2005, 01:13 PM
A-Rod

Torii Hunter

Sheffield
Giambi

all losers:angry:

soxfan13
12-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Dont forget Al Cowens when he was with the Tigers. Smashed Ed Farmers face in a brawl at old comiskey

getonbckthr
12-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Corey Snyder

12-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Nooooo.....

I loved AJ (:duck: ) when he was a Twinky. Hated when the Sox were playing AGAINST him but loved the way he played (plays) the game. Passion, gritty, grinder.....Gotta love players like that whether they play for your team or not. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when he signed here.

My most "hated" player is the notorious Sox killers, such as the already mentioned Mike Sweeney. Everytime he steps to the plate I cringe.

One of my favorite Hawk/DJ moments this season was when the Sox played the Royals (August or September maybe) in KC:

DJ: "Right now, it seems that when Mike Sweeney comes up, we're like 'Ok, we got a chance.' "
(very next pitch)
Hawk: "That ball hit deep. 2-0 Kansas City, on the homerun by Mike Sweeney."

:roflmao: ....Seriously, Sweeney is THE Sox killer.

I was at the game after AJ made the comments that the Sox should have the All Star game taken from them after the KC inncodents....Garlnd beamed him, the crowd erputed, AJ charged, place went nuts!

soxgirl617
12-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Craig Biggio. Mostly b/c of his hat trick performance (3 home runs) in an interleague game several years ago. He also comes off (to me) as a jerk, but I don't know that he is.

Also not a big fan of Damon.

But I'm with the previous questioner.....what's to hate about Jeter? Only b/c he is so good, or what?

SoxSpeed22
12-09-2005, 02:03 PM
I was at the game after AJ made the comments that the Sox should have the All Star game taken from them after the KC inncodents....Garlnd beamed him, the crowd erputed, AJ charged, place went nuts!AJ's one of those players, you hate him to death, unless he's on your team, then you like him. Carl's like that too.

ShoelessJoeS
12-09-2005, 02:03 PM
No doubt, Corksa

Max Power
12-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Kenny Lofton, when he was with the Indians. Seems like every Sox/Indians game I went to in the mid/late 90's was 1-0 Cleveland before I could even get comfortable in my seat.

wilburaga
12-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Craig Biggio. Mostly b/c of his hat trick performance (3 home runs) in an interleague game several years ago. He also comes off (to me) as a jerk, but I don't know that he is.

I think you've got the wrong Killer B there, Soxgirl. That was Jeff Bagwell who hit the three homers in one game at Comiskey on June 9th, 1999. Oddly, he had done the same against the Cubbies at the Urinal earlier that season. He must have liked Chicago cooking.

W

MarySwiss
12-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Richie Sexson.
Not really, I just haven't picked a fight with fquaye149 lately! :cool:

I gotta go with Rickey Henderson by a nose in a photo finish over David Wells.

Jerko
12-09-2005, 03:01 PM
I was at the game after AJ made the comments that the Sox should have the All Star game taken from them after the KC inncodents....Garlnd beamed him, the crowd erputed, AJ charged, place went nuts!

I thought Doug Manachevitz said that about the ASG.

rookieroy
12-09-2005, 03:29 PM
How come nobody has mentioned Roberto Hernandez? The White Sox medical staff practically saved this jerks life, then the Sox training staff gets his arm back in playing shape and basically saved the rest of his career. He ripped the Sox left and right and continued to do so even a few years after he left us. World class jerk and about as ungrateful as a person could be. Simply amazing.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LongLiveFisk
12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Definitely Sosa.

sox230
12-09-2005, 03:43 PM
BOB HORWY:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

CARLOS ZAMBRANO:angry: :angry: :angry:

Corlose 15
12-09-2005, 03:53 PM
I thought Doug Manachevitz said that about the ASG.

Yeah, it was Doug Mienkeiwitxsslkjdasslkjcsal;.

rbeze09
12-09-2005, 04:08 PM
joe randa
mike sweeney
jim thome (when at mistake by the lake)
bobby higginson
torii hunter
doug mientkiewicz (i think i might of actually spelled that right..miracle
AJ (im not gonna lie i hated him when he was on the twinkies)

pretty much i hate every buddy in the AL central thats not on the white sox. I boo everybody thats not a white sox. I am a die-hard sox fan, so thats the only way i know how to be.

JohnBasedowYoda
12-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Add another for zambrano. he really steems my beans

soxruleEP
12-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Torii Hunter--all by himself, alone.

Jerome
12-09-2005, 05:29 PM
If I went to a Sox-Twins game, I would like to make a hanging effigy of torii hunter. I don't like him. That hit on Burke was garbage, completly not necessary. The worst part was Ozzie defending it. (Not really defending, but allowing it.) Didn't he say "I want my players to play like that" or something like that?

soxjim
12-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Tori Hunter.

elrod
12-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Omar Vizquel. He killed us every time. In recent years I'd have to add Ronnie Belliard. In 2004 he had 12 home runs and 6 of them were against the Sox.

BigHurt359300
12-09-2005, 06:54 PM
the reason why i hate jeter, is because people think hes an amazing player, hes like the best SS EVER!!! hes nothing more than an above average player...he did hit 309 last year, also struck out 117 times, and only had 14 SB...not so hot for a leadoff hitter..and..hes not as good defensively, his range isnt that good anymore..he used to be great, but hes in decline...plus hes on the yankees

im not a big fan of hunter fick or hafner(2nd coming of Indian Thome)

isu24guy
12-10-2005, 01:55 AM
This may be bad to say now that he is on the Sox, but I always hated AJ calling the games when he played for Minnesota. Now he is one of my favorites.

Hagan
12-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Corey Koskie! This guy killed us every time he played us.

hose
12-10-2005, 05:33 AM
All time A -list:
Hal McCrae
Dave Stewart
Doug Mancaveitch
Torrii Hunter
Robert Fick

Recent Sox killers I hated to see:
Thome
Vizquel
Sweeney
Koskie
Cameron

Half Cocked Jack
12-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Sammy Sosa, absolutely no contest.

firejauron
12-10-2005, 06:13 AM
Torrii Hunter gets my vote. It's bad enough he got away with plowing our catcher over a couple seasons ago but he has also robbed Sox hitters of about 25 home runs over his career.

jerry myers
12-10-2005, 09:44 AM
bob howry now even with the cubs.hes always got something smart to say. tory hunter hes a fighter its nothing personal to us , so get over it, move on. but howry, its personal.

Hitmen77
12-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Pick a Cub, any Cub

:nandrolone
Done.

kevin57
12-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Anyone wearing a Cub uniform, any time.:redneck

tulsasoxfan
12-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Most hated ...Tori Hunter

RadioheadRocks
12-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Dont forget Al Cowens when he was with the Tigers. Smashed Ed Farmers face in a brawl at old comiskey

Was wondering when someone was going to mention him! Not to mention the fact that it was a retaliation for a hit-by-pitch much earlier in the season. He just charged Farmio after hitting a ground ball... total dick move if there ever was one!

I'll also second Dave "can't carry my jock" Stewart and Fick.

FarWestChicago
12-11-2005, 02:00 AM
There can be only one. All other choices are ridiculous:

:nandrolone

The Racehorse
12-11-2005, 05:51 AM
I agree with everyone who said that they used to hate Thome the most... I remember when he played for the Tribe, everytime he came up in a crucial situation against us he'd play tic-tack-toe with the stratosphere. It drove me nuts! I'm sure as hell glad he's now on our team.

For now, I'd have to say Jeter. Hating on a Yankee does have it's therapeutic effects.

Wsoxmike59
12-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Albert Belle (for the Hannah Storm tirade during the W.S)

Torii Hunter (for decking Chad Kreuter unnecessarily. I was at the game in the UD along 3B line and had birds eye view of the play. He could've slid around Kreuter and eluded tag and still have been safe)

Sammy Sosa (cheater, fraud, selfish player, ego maniac, what's not to hate?)

Robert Fick (cheap shot artist and gang bang style fighter during the Sox-Tigers donnybrook in 2000)

Phil Garner (as manager, this punk instigated 2 bean ball wars against the Sox during his tenure at Milw and Det)

It was soooo sweet sweeping the Houston Astros in the World Series just to exact a little revenge on that punk ass Garner!!

chitownhawkfan
12-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I have two that come to mind, Torii Hunter, and this jerk off clown :fick:

RKMeibalane
12-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Frank Thomas

SOXSINCE'70
12-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Reggie Jackson.

SOXSINCE'70
12-11-2005, 10:16 AM
That was Jeff Bagwell who hit the three homers in one game at Comiskey on June 9th, 1999. Oddly, he had done the same against the Cubbies at the Urinal earlier that season. He must have liked Chicago cooking.

W

Revenge was gained when Jenks struck him out to end the 8th
in the Sox' 5-3 game 1 WS win.:cool: :cool:

chitownhawkfan
12-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Revenge was gained when Jenks struck him out to end the 8th
in the Sox' 5-3 game 1 WS win.:cool: :cool: That look on his face after Jenks blew the high heat by him is burned into my memory. To see a hall of famer think what the **** did I get myself into will never be forgotten.

Bucky F. Dent
12-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Eddie Murray. God that guy used to kill us!

Taliesinrk
12-11-2005, 02:42 PM
I gotta go w/ Higginson vs. Fick.. I absolutely have 0 respect for those guys. Classless..

I don't have any respect for Sosa; can't stand him, but he hasn't inflicted physical pain like a coward on any of the Sox.

I didn't used to hate Thome.. I respected him.. I used to hate seeing him against the Sox though.

And as for Hunter. Although we consider it a cheap shot on Burke, I can't bring myself to hate him. Although it was cheap, I honestly don't think that he goes out with the attitude that people like Higginson and Fick do. He always goes 110% (from what I've seen), and therefore I have to somewhat respect him, even if I don't love him.

TONY23
12-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Tori Hunter!

SoxSpeed22
12-12-2005, 05:25 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3666&d=1134429684You again.

ma-gaga
12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
so... I just gotta know. What's the consensus on Nolan Ryan?
10 years ago, would he have been the most "hated" on this board??

:nolanventura

LongLiveFisk
12-12-2005, 05:59 PM
I never hated Nolan for that. As much as I loved Robin, I always thought him charging the mound in that situation was just a stupid thing to do, plain and simple.

soxfanatlanta
12-12-2005, 06:32 PM

From what I remember, he more or less jogged up to the mound after thinking about it, placed himself into a headlock then got he ass kicked in. Don't get me wrong, I really loved the guy, but if you are going to charge the mound against one of the more competitive pitchers of the era, you better bring it. I also remember when he was on the cover of SI with his met teammates; was it Alomar that had him in a headlock?

Jurr
12-12-2005, 06:57 PM
I hated Korie Koskie with a passion, because he would murder us. Now, it's gotta be Johan Santana with Torriiiiiiii close behind.

Playing Santana's like banging your head into a wall. Remember when the Twins switched their pitching lineup around to maximize the number of time's we'd see Johan? OOOOOOHHHH that pissed me off!!!!!!

Wsoxmike59
12-13-2005, 07:30 PM

I remember this vividly. The night before this happened, Robin got drilled by Cal Eldred of the Brewers right on his right bicep and it just so happened the orders came from Milw manager Phil Garner!! (Part of the reason I hate Phil Garner so much....he instigated bean ball wars just to start ****)

Then the Sox travelled down to Texas and Robin gets drilled IN THE SAME EXACT SPOT that Eldred hit him the night before! Robin was FURIOUS and fed up with getting hit , especially after NOT doing anything worthy of getting drilled by a pitcher. The unwritten rules of the game must be followed.

That's why he charged the mound on Ryan, just a gut reaction, and when he got to the mound you could just sense he went..."Aaaw shoot, it's Nolan Ryan out here, I shouldn't have done this.....here gimme noogies Nolan!"

Bucky F. Dent
12-15-2005, 11:35 AM
I never hated Nolan. I hope Buehrle has a career as long and productive as his. All for one club though, please.:D:

As much as I loved Robbie V., as has been said before if you're gonna run out there against that cowboy, you better bring your A game.

tebman
12-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Was wondering when someone was going to mention him! Not to mention the fact that it was a retaliation for a hit-by-pitch much earlier in the season. He just charged Farmio after hitting a ground ball... total dick move if there ever was one!
I was at that game when Farmer got jumped by Cowens. It was more weird than anger-provoking. I think the HBP that Cowens was brooding about wasn't even that season, but some previous season when Farmer was pitching for another team. For whatever reason, Cowens just snapped after he hit the grounder to short and ran to the mound (jumping on Farmer's back) instead of running to first.

Farmer and Cowens had a very public handshake some months later. When Cowens died a few years ago, Farmer talked about that incident and sort of marvelled at just how weird it was.