PDA

View Full Version : Thome Trade???

Buehrle Man
12-09-2005, 04:25 AM
I keep hearing and seeing that the White Sox traded Rowand, Haigwood and a Player to be named later for Thome. It does not mention Gio Gonzales's name anywhere on any Transaction record.

Is it for sure that the Sox traded Gio? Could it be someone else? I will not believe that Gio is gone until I see it on MLB Transactions Page. I wonder who broke Gio's name with this trade?

If it isn't Gonzales, I will love this trade much more than I do, presently. It seems odd to me that Gio would be a PTBNL. I always thought that PTBNL were guys that were borderline talent, not big time prospects. I hope the Gio rumor is not true because I think that he will be a good one!

Can anyone help me with this and show me where it is stated for complete certainty that gio Gonzales is a part of this trade? If no one can, I would think that the person that included Gio's name in the trade, would have to be criticized or penalized, for his or her's shotty journalism. I wouldn't doubt it if it were A Tribune Reporter or columnist like Kiley, Rogers or that idiot Sports Editor there, Dan McGrath, who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about with regards to any sports, but most of all the White Sox. If you ever watch Comcast's Tribune Sports Section with Jiggets, you will always see that McGrath character. He has no clue about sports and he makes the most idiotic comments and on top of that, he is always asking everyone else questions about the most basic things. He once asked Phil Rogers, "Is Scott Podsednik that great of a base stealer or is he lucky, all the time?" I could not believe what an idiot he is. How can he be a Sports Editor? Especially when I cannot find any type of good job! Or Maybe Mariotti broke the trade rumor to, once again, try to make KW and JR and the Sox, look bad because his beliefs do ot mean a thing anymore. It is sooo great that Mariotti cannot make false comments about the Sox, anymore. JR, KW, OG and the Sox proved him to be a complete moron, so he has nothing to whine about. He cannot call JR a bad owner, anymore, because JR has proven himself to be "Chicago's Greatest Sports Franchise Owner of All Time!" I know that is like being called the "Chicago's Tallest Midget", but, at least , Mariotti has to leave JR, alone or he will end up with his foot in his mouth, oneto many times and he might finally be fired!!

So if anyone can help me with my question, I would appreciate it!

ilsox7
12-09-2005, 04:27 AM
Can anyone help me with this and show me where it is stated for complete certainty that gio Gonzales is a part of this trade?

Take some time and search this site and you'll find the answers to all of your questions and more! The short and quick is that Gio is gone.

sox1970
12-09-2005, 05:44 AM
I keep hearing and seeing that the White Sox traded Rowand, Haigwood and a Player to be named later for Thome. It does not mention Gio Gonzales's name anywhere on any Transaction record.
Is it for sure that the Sox traded Gio? Could it be someone else? I will not believe that Gio is gone until I see it on MLB Transactions Page. I wonder who broke Gio's name with this trade?
So if anyone can help me with my question, I would appreciate it!

The reason why the Sox didn't officially send Gonzalez to Philadelphia at the same time is that he would have had to be protected by the Phillies in the Rule 5 draft yesterday, whereas the Sox did not have to protect him because of his status with the team that drafted him. Expect the trade to be completed today.

sox1970
12-09-2005, 06:42 AM
The reason why the Sox didn't officially send Gonzalez to Philadelphia at the same time is that he would have had to be protected by the Phillies in the Rule 5 draft yesterday, whereas the Sox did not have to protect him because of his status with the team that drafted him. Expect the trade to be completed today.

Actually it was completed yesterday and the Phillies assigned Gio to Clearwater.

Tekijawa
12-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Actually it was completed yesterday and the Phillies assigned Gio to Clearwater.
Is that a Suburb of Philly? Because their pitching is pretty bad... I wouldn't be supprised if he gets a shot sometime this year.