PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Podsednik

South Side
12-09-2005, 01:26 AM
I came across this tidbit about Scott and I thought it was kind of funny... The friend of a friend thing however, makes me wonder how realistic this story is.
Athlete Run-Ins: Podsednik Takes Six For The Team - Deadspin (http://www.deadspin.com/sports/baseball/athlete-runins-podsednik-takes-six-for-the-team-139171.php)

MUsoxfan
12-09-2005, 01:39 AM
I was there too. I saw him drink a whole flaming bottle of Bacardi 151 and chase it down with Tabasco when he was leaving the bar

A crazy and interesting story, but likely untrue.

peeonwrigley
12-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Ah the old six pack in six minutes.

I highly question this... if he was looking to get smashed while the lady was gone why not just slam shots?

Tekijawa
12-09-2005, 08:47 AM
I can't imagine how incredibly hot Lisa Dergan is in real life after slamming 6 beers...

infohawk
12-09-2005, 08:55 AM
This must be why I overheard KW talking on his cell phone at the O'Hare baggage claim area about how he wanted to trade Pods for for an outfielder who wasn't such a lush.

soxfan26
12-09-2005, 09:46 AM
I can't imagine how incredibly hot Lisa Dergan is in real life after slamming 6 beers...

:mg:

The Racehorse
12-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Pods is the man. :cool:

bobowhite
12-09-2005, 10:00 AM

After six beers in six minutes, my imagination doesn't work either.

Dan Mega
12-09-2005, 10:03 AM
6 beers in 6 minutes can kill you I think. I had a buddy in college that successfully drank 6 beers in 18 minutes

OzzieBall2005
12-09-2005, 10:14 AM
6 beers in 6 minutes can kill you I think. I had a buddy in college that successfully drank 6 beers in 18 minutes
Your college buddy apparently was not informed of the shotgun technique.

Tekijawa
12-09-2005, 10:16 AM

Not nearly enough alcohol in 6 beers to kill you, This comming from a guy who once achieved a BAC of .4... It would make you puke, but not because of the Alcohol, and their is the possibility of not being able to hold that much in your stomach.

MUsoxfan
12-09-2005, 10:18 AM

Pffft......I have a good friend that drank 34 pitchers the night that Walter Payton died.

I guess he was on a quest to go out the same way Payton did:cool:

Tekijawa
12-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Pffft......I have a good friend that drank 34 pitchers the night that Walter Payton died.

My Frienda Bubba, now a college professor, in his prime could slam a pitcher... He won a lot of Bar bets doing that!

bobowhite
12-09-2005, 10:53 AM
My Frienda Bubba, now a college professor, in his prime could slam a pitcher... He won a lot of Bar bets doing that!

Bubba the college professor, I haven't heard of that since I resided in North Carolina.

daveeym
12-09-2005, 10:55 AM
My Frienda Bubba, now a college professor, in his prime could slam a pitcher... He won a lot of Bar bets doing that! Ugh, I was at Sedgwick's for a friends and my own birthday celebration one afternoon. Our waitress hears that it's my b-day and brings a pitcher over and says I have to chug it. So I do. Then they tell her it's my friends b-day also. She brings each of us a pitcher to chug. I tried begging off, was razzed into chugging it, got about 1/5 of it down and threw it all back up in the pitcher. I told them it would be a waste of beer and it was. First and only time I've ever slammed a pitcher.

itsnotrequired
12-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Good grief, you guys are some drinkers! When it comes to drinking, I'm more a marathoner than a sprinter. You can imagine my delight when I drank a 40 in 4 minutes. This feeling was quickly crushed as I watched my wife drink one in 3.5 minutes.

Took me a while to live that one down...

Tekijawa
12-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Bubba the college professor, I haven't heard of that since I resided in North Carolina.

His real name is John... I'm pretty sure that's what he goes by in "professional" situations.

KRS1
12-09-2005, 05:28 PM
After my friend got a DUI in high school his parents bought a home breathalyzer machine to make sure he hadnt been drinking after he came home after parties. Som of course being a bunch of dumbasses we would get blitzed in his basement and see who could get the highest BAC. Which leads me to the point at hand, twice me and him got to a .4 as someone here stated and were yacking all night in agony(let this be a lesson to all you teens, drinking too much sucks, drink responsably) the first time came when we did the six pack in six minutes, and we went far far beyond that by doing 10 in nine minutes. Unbelievable as it might be we were all good until we hit about beer 12 and started feeling like crap. So in reponse to this story I have no doubt a 29 year old major league baseball player in great physical condition could achieve this feat, and also that he probably could have done more. Since my stupid youth Ive gotten much smarter with my drinking and never go beyond what I feel gets me warm, and again warning to all of you kids out there drinking is only fun when you do it with friends responsably for social purposes and noone wants to be the guy yarfing in the corner til he cries.

SoxEd
12-09-2005, 05:33 PM

:kneeslap:

SoxEd
12-09-2005, 05:36 PM
...and noone wants to be the guy yarfing in the corner til he cries.

You've clearly never been to England!

You're totally right about the booze-drinking though...

Dan Mega
12-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Your college buddy apparently was not informed of the shotgun technique.

Oops, I forgot to include the fact that it wasn't some weak stuff like Natty Ice or Miller Light, it was McEwan's Scotch Ale that his dad got him from Belgium.

Think Guiness, but thicker, and higher alcohol content.:gulp:

bobowhite
12-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Oops, I forgot to include the fact that it wasn't some weak stuff like Natty Ice or Miller Light, it was McEwan's Scotch Ale that his dad got him from Belgium.

I get McEwan's at Binnys locations all over Chicagoland. You shouldn't really drink a Scots Ale like that.

SoxEd
12-09-2005, 06:25 PM

If it's the Export version for the Belgian market, it'll be fierce strong.

There's a 'Belgian' bar in a town near me, and the Export versions of British beers are much stronger than our domestic ones.

The (African Market) Export version of Guinness is another brew to sort the men from the boys (and seriously disrupt your digestive tract and higher brain functions for at least a whole day after you drink a lot of them).

gosox3072
12-09-2005, 06:44 PM
This feeling was quickly crushed as I watched my wife drink one in 3.5 minutes.

Took me a while to live that one down...

Yeesh, cheap date huh?:mg:

SoxFan76
12-09-2005, 07:00 PM
The Tuesday before Thanksgiving we had a case race. I drank 18 in about 3 hours and I thought that was rough.

(My partner was a girl, all the teams were guy/girl and she could only drink 6)

RallyBowl
12-09-2005, 07:24 PM
The Tuesday before Thanksgiving we had a case race. I drank 18 in about 3 hours and I thought that was rough.

(My partner was a girl, all the teams were guy/girl and she could only drink 6)

Ever been to a keg race?

KRS1
12-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Ever been to a keg race?

My frat has one every New Years, 5 guy teams.

pmck003
12-09-2005, 07:36 PM
I believe the story in general, but as these things go through the grapevine I bet Pods slaming two or three beers got switched to six.

RallyBowl
12-09-2005, 07:49 PM
My frat has one every New Years, 5 guy teams.

Nice. When I was at EIU they did them at the end of fall and the beginning of spring.

peeonwrigley
12-10-2005, 03:44 AM
Nice. When I was at EIU they did them at the end of fall and the beginning of spring.

In Champaign that was a weekly occurance. Fact of that matter is... 6 pack in 6 minutes was as "cool" as I ever got. One semester removed from U-C (:whiner:) I'm doing my best up here; but its just not the same in the city.

MsSoxVixen22
12-11-2005, 07:26 PM
I pace myself when I drink. I'n proud of the fact that, I've never puked from drinking. I wasn't really pacing myself last nite though when I was drinking Jack & Coke. :D:

rbeze09
12-11-2005, 07:53 PM
i feel like havin a few right now with all this studying for finals and taking a break to catch up on my boards

chaerulez
12-11-2005, 08:46 PM

No reason to take a cheap shot at sweetness.

chitownhawkfan
12-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Wade Boggs could do that in his sleep! But I have finished a dirty thirty of Old Style and I didnt come close to death, in fact I didnt even puke, and six beers in six minutes sounds just about right for a 6AM start to a Hawkeye football game.:gulp: