PDA

View Full Version : Bill Mueller Signs With Dodgers

Fenway
12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
CBS4 has learned from sources close to the Dodgers that former Red Sox Third Baseman Bill Mueller has signed to play in Los Angeles.

Mueller has spent the past three seasons with the Red Sox and won the 2003 AL batting title with a .326 batting average.

http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_342162930.html

veeter
12-08-2005, 06:07 PM
That's gonna be one heck of a left side of that infield.

SoxSpeed22
12-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Good, he didn't go to Cleveland or Minnesota.:smile:

DSpivack
12-08-2005, 07:11 PM
What happens to Cezar Izturis? He certainly deserves to start somewhere.

veeter
12-08-2005, 07:25 PM
i think they're going to put him at second base.

likeawarlord
12-08-2005, 08:05 PM
That's gonna be one heck of a left side of that infield.

yeah but if furcal is worth 13+ mil per year i'll eat my hat.

nccwsfan
12-08-2005, 08:06 PM
i think they're going to put him at second base.

Where were they moving Kent? I've read it elsewhere but cannot find the link anymore...1B?

Ventura Fan 23
12-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Wow, the Dodgers are kinda crawling out of the rock bottom of Major League Baseball.

Jjav829
12-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Where were they moving Kent? I've read it elsewhere but cannot find the link anymore...1B?

Yes, Kent will play 1B when Izturis comes back, possibly even sooner. It will probably depend on how Choi does in spring training. If Choi proves that he deserves playing time then I think Kent will start at 2B and they will see how Choi plays until Izturis comes back. If Choi struggles then Kent will probably start at 1B and Perez will get a shot to play 2B.

Tragg
12-08-2005, 08:19 PM
That's too bad.
What are the other possibilities for an extra hitter for us?

wdelaney72
12-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Thank God, Mueller didn't sign with the Twins. Good move by the Dodgers.

longshot7
12-09-2005, 01:25 PM
What happens to Cezar Izturis? He certainly deserves to start somewhere.

He's out until the All-Star break, maybe even longer. ACL or something like that...

Make no bones about it - the Dodgers still suck. Good point Jjav about Kent and Choi until Izturis comes back. Cesar should play SS - I think he'll end up being BETTER than Furcal - and the Dodgers should trade him to get another pitcher.

TheKittle
12-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Tommy John surgery on his elbow but you're he's out until AS break.

Another Red Sox coming to LA. I wonder if Mueller will have an affair with Lindsey Soto and follow in the tradition of Derek Lowe and Carolyn Hughes.

RallyBowl
12-09-2005, 01:55 PM
:tealtutor:

The color you picked sure is pretty, though.

rookieroy
12-09-2005, 04:03 PM
This is interesting for the Dodgers. Prior to them signing Furcal, the top minor league prospect at SS is Joel Guzman. This guy is 6'6" and is compared offensively to a healthy Juan Gonzales. I thought they would move Guzman to 3rd now, but, with Mueller there, who knows. Guzman is considered to be an early favorite for the NL ROY next year...if he plays. I should know...look at my name up above! LOL

:smile: :rolleyes: :tongue:

SABRSox
12-09-2005, 07:57 PM
LA radio reports that this isn't official. No deal has been done yet, and Boston media incorrect. In fact, the Dodgers aren't sure why so many media outlets have run with the story...

Fantosme
12-10-2005, 04:19 AM
Pittsburgh has a 3-year offer on the table while LA only has a 2-year offer, according to rotoworld.

soxfanreggie
12-10-2005, 03:02 PM
L.A. for 2 or Pitt for 3...well...this is a situation where money would matter to me. I for some reason just don't think I would like living in L.A...although I don't know if I would want to live in Pitt either. Maybe Mueller would like another chance to win a ring...and the best place to do that-Southside of Chicago. However, it looks like we have the back-up for Crede, and we would be better off getting someone to back-up short.

Lip Man 1
12-10-2005, 06:16 PM
I personally think we'd be better served now coming up with another good arm for the bullpen.

Lip

Daver
12-10-2005, 07:16 PM
L.A. for 2 or Pitt for 3...well...this is a situation where money would matter to me. I for some reason just don't think I would like living in L.A...although I don't know if I would want to live in Pitt either. Maybe Mueller would like another chance to win a ring...and the best place to do that-Southside of Chicago. However, it looks like we have the back-up for Crede, and we would be better off getting someone to back-up short.

Machiwiok plays all infield positions, as well as left field.

The Sox need a lefty reliever.

MHOUSE
12-10-2005, 08:59 PM
I think we're pretty well covered with backups. Will Mackowiak back-up Konerko too? He really needed some more days off last year I think and with such a big investment in him, he needs to stay well-rested and healthy. Backing up basically the whole infield and LF, Mackowiak might start 3 or 4 games a week, especially during the "dog days" of August. He'll basically be a starter by getting passed through the lineup. Ozuna is pretty versatile as well. We need a solid 4th OF though.

veeter
12-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I personally think we'd be better served now coming up with another good arm for the bullpen.

LipWithout question. KW has to have someone in mind or he would not have dealt Damaso.

SOXSINCE'70
12-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Another Red Sox coming to LA. I wonder if Mueller will have an affair with Lindsey Soto and follow in the tradition of Derek Lowe and Carolyn Hughes.

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!:D: :D:

:tealpolice:

"1 Adam-12,1 Adam-12,see the man.Possible teal violation".