PDA

View Full Version : Varitek/Damon sighting

DumpJerry
12-08-2005, 02:38 PM
My friend just called me from Phoenix where she just got off her plane from Chicago. She saw Veritek and Damon at the Phoenix airport.

I guess it's cold in Bean Town.

She did not overhear them on their cell phones at baggage claim trading Garland and Konerko, however.

Tekijawa
12-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Is the Phoenix Airport the Mecca of all Bad Baseball Rumors?

lumpyspun
12-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I was in the Phoenix airport a few weeks ago and all I saw were middle school aged girls wearing these dumb boots:

http://www.uggaustralia.com/images/products/multiview/5218-front.jpg

LongLiveFisk
12-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Ok, don't get mad at me but I've always wanted to do this:

:whocares :tongue: :wink:

Mr. White Sox
12-08-2005, 11:41 PM
My friend from Madison was in Niketown and saw Brian Urlacher. That is far more impressive. :D:

CanBuehrleWait
12-09-2005, 12:23 AM
My friend from Madison was in Niketown and saw Brian Urlacher. That is far more impressive. :D:
I ran into Urlacher and Jerry Azumah leaving Hooters in Champaign back when they were down there in 2002. They were awesome and very fan friendly. They chatted for a second and Brian even took a picture with my roomate's kid brother.... and a couple of my roomies.... and me :redface:

HotelWhiteSox
12-09-2005, 12:38 AM
It's obvious that Konerko is doing some recruiting, though I hear everyone is in town for the Royce Clayton defensive clinic. Give us the inside info MarySwiss!

hawkeyesox17
12-09-2005, 12:56 AM
...I once saw Benny the Bull running around the United Center during a bulls game.

MUsoxfan
12-09-2005, 01:08 AM
...I once saw Benny the Bull running around the United Center during a bulls game.

And I once saw Frank Thomas at the Burger King in Oakbrook. He ordered three BK Broilers and a Diet Coke

DumpJerry
12-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Was he near the cashier on his cell phone discussing trading away some of our best players for an aging all star?

donkeylips
12-09-2005, 08:06 AM
I once saw Andre the Giant at O'hare... he refused an autograph... I cried.

Crede_Fan
12-09-2005, 08:24 AM
And I once saw Frank Thomas at the Burger King in Oakbrook. He ordered three BK Broilers and a Diet Coke

I've waited on Frank in the drivethru at the KFC in Willowbrook.

Tekijawa
12-09-2005, 08:44 AM
My brother worked at the Taco Bell in DeKalb and served Cindy Crawford through the Drive through window while she was back in town about 6 years ago... He said she's better looking in person.

MarySwiss
12-09-2005, 08:57 AM
It's obvious that Konerko is doing some recruiting, though I hear everyone is in town for the Royce Clayton defensive clinic. Give us the inside info MarySwiss!

I've been sworn to secrecy, but as a matter of fact, I overheard my neighbor talking to her pest control guy and he said his boss's second cousin is married to a girl who went to high school with Paulie's pool man and he's pretty sure there's nothing to the rumor that Paulie is putting in a new pool. Take it for what it's worth.

IlliniSox4Life
12-09-2005, 10:40 AM
I ran into Urlacher and Jerry Azumah leaving Hooters in Champaign back when they were down there in 2002. They were awesome and very fan friendly. They chatted for a second and Brian even took a picture with my roomate's kid brother.... and a couple of my roomies.... and me :redface:

What do you call Urlacher when you meet him? Calling him Brian just doesn't seem right, and neither does just calling him Urlacher. Mr. Urlacher is even worse. I think I shall ponder this for the next 4 hours :(

DumpJerry
12-09-2005, 10:45 AM
I've been sworn to secrecy, but as a matter of fact, I overheard my neighbor talking to her pest control guy and he said his boss's second cousin is married to a girl who went to high school with Paulie's pool man and he's pretty sure there's nothing to the rumor that Paulie is putting in a new pool. Take it for what it's worth.
:o:
What would Hangar18 say?

Tekijawa
12-09-2005, 10:51 AM
... there's nothing to the rumor that Paulie is putting in a new pool...

:hawk
"Then where will he play?"

donkeylips
12-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Not sure. But I am sure I'd use a Superfan voice.

What do you call Urlacher when you meet him? Calling him Brian just doesn't seem right, and neither does just calling him Urlacher. Mr. Urlacher is even worse. I think I shall ponder this for the next 4 hours :(