PDA

View Full Version : J. Mesa signs with the Rockies

caulfield12
12-08-2005, 11:44 AM
just reported at MLB.com

I donīt know why they were stupid enought to get rid of Chacon, though. The Marlins, D-Rays, Rockies and Royals should be merged into two teams IMO.

Jjav829
12-08-2005, 01:39 PM
just reported at MLB.com

I donīt know why they were stupid enought to get rid of Chacon, though. The Marlins, D-Rays, Rockies and Royals should be merged into two teams IMO.

It wasn't about the Rockies being stupid. It was simply about Chacon getting away from Coors. I think there were a lot of people who saw that Chacon would become a lot better once he got out of Coors. Pitchers just can't sustain success pitching there.

StepsInSC
12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Pitchers just can't sustain success pitching there.

As Joe Table is about to learn. He was brutal at PNC park w/ its 785 foot left-center wall, can't imagine how he's going to do at Coors... :o:

MHOUSE
12-09-2005, 01:53 AM
It wasn't about the Rockies being stupid. It was simply about Chacon getting away from Coors. I think there were a lot of people who saw that Chacon would become a lot better once he got out of Coors. Pitchers just can't sustain success pitching there.

Add Neagle, Hampton, Jennings, and Joe Kennedy to that list. Nobody can keep "acceptable" ERA numbers pitching in Coors field for half their games. It inflates them by like 1-1.50 runs. An ERA below (wow) or just above 5.00 is pretty good there. Look at Jeff Francis.