PDA

View Full Version : Reds-Yanks deal

getonbckthr
12-08-2005, 11:41 AM
yankees have dealt Tony Womack to the Reds. Source: espn.com

caulfield12
12-08-2005, 11:47 AM
yankees have dealt Tony Womack to the Reds. Source: espn.com

Well, I guess that makes it official, they really need a CF, lol.

Not sure who it will be...Crosby, Cano, they probably have to make a move, and they missed out on Pierre (and Rowand), either not willing to pay the price or lacking the required prospects in their system to make it work out.

They had also wanted Brian Giles for CF, but I am not sure if Giles is not a better RFer. That would have meant another move, with Sheffield leaving...the Yankees probably are better off with Sheffield IMO, as long as he stays healthy.

There is still a chance they go after Griffey or Torii Hunter.

getonbckthr
12-08-2005, 11:53 AM

Not sure who it will be...Crosby, Cano, they probably have to make a move, and they missed out on Pierre (and Rowand), either not willing to pay the price or lacking the required prospects in their system to make it work out.

They had also wanted Brian Giles for CF, but I am not sure if Giles is not a better RFer. That would have meant another move, with Sheffield leaving...the Yankees probably are better off with Sheffield IMO, as long as he stays healthy.

I think thats where Corey Patterson will end up.

CHIsoxNation
12-08-2005, 11:57 AM

Didn't I see last night they offered arbitration to Bernie? I think as a last resort they may have to throw him back out in center at least to start the year if they can sign him to maybe a 1 year deal. Maybe trade him mideason or something.

SOXintheBURGH
12-08-2005, 11:58 AM
I think thats where Corey Patterson will end up.

Corey Patterson isn't a true Yankee.

No teal?

Flight #24
12-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Didn't I see last night they offered arbitration to Bernie? I think as a last resort they may have to throw him back out in center at least to start the year if they can sign him to maybe a 1 year deal. Maybe trade him mideason or something.

The report I saw was that he'd almost certainly agreed to decline it. IMO Bernie wants to stay and is willing to be a 4th OF/DH, so they're making it happen. The difference between that and the Sox/Thomas is that I don't see Frank as ready to commit to being a reserve, plus a reserve unable to play the field is tough to maintain.

skottyj242
12-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Since the Yankees lost money this season they're reverting back to the small market team they always wanted to be.