PDA

View Full Version : I've been meaning to thank this website...

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-08-2005, 07:05 AM
When I joined over a year ago, I did it because I use to stop by and read other posts, and was intrigued at the level of knowledge and passion of this team, as well as the general disdain towards media spin that has gone on in this town. I want to say I truly do thank this website; I always thought I was a "knowledgeable" fan whaen it came to baseball...and I continue to be humbled by the wealth of knowledge of the people on here...be it true stories, de-bunking rumors, the flaming of wannabe trolls, whatever....I have this site bookmarked before ANY OTHER sports news website...because it's a fan's perspective, with knowledge to back it. The knowledge I've picked up about this team, as well as baseball, is because of this site...and I feel a better fan for it. Besides, how sexy is it to talk about Baseball Prospectus median data as a party? Ooh...the ladies love the decimal points.

Thank you, WSI and all who contibute to it. :D:

Bobbo35
12-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Same here with me. I actually never really starting coming on WSI until after I saw Hangar18 at the Twinkies game in Minneapolis. He told me to join and post. I actually do not like posting much because I just love reading what everyone else has to say. Smart fans in here that share the same passion as I do for the Sox. Thats great!! Best fan site in baseball.

rocky biddle
12-08-2005, 08:37 AM
I was just thinking about this this morning. I saw a headline about the Soriano trade and instead of clicking the link to the story I came here to read about it. I always figure I'll get a much more entertaining explanation of trades and such here than I would get on some news website. The depth of knowledge of some of you guys never ceases to amaze me. Thanks.

RealMenWearBlack
12-08-2005, 02:51 PM
I've gotta thank all the people on this site. I also am very impressed with the new photo gallery setup.

soxinem1
12-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Funny, I used to go to CBS and MLB for Sox news, but this is the place to be. Funny thing is that I've known it was around for years and never joined in.

Thanks for an early Christmas present, WSI!

'It's not up to the Police to promote disorder, it's up to the Police to preserve disorder' -Chicago Mayor and Lifelong White Sox Fan Richard J. Daley, 1968

palehozenychicty
12-08-2005, 03:30 PM
WSI is definitely totally biased and totally for the diehard white sox fans that have been through all the good and bad times, the media hate fest, and got us primed for the best run in our franchise's history. much love goes out to WSI. :cool: