PDA

View Full Version : Miles to St. Louis

KRS1
12-08-2005, 01:03 AM
Found this on where else but rotoworld.
According to The Associated Press, the Rockies have acquired LHP Ray King from the Cardinals for OF Larry Bigbie and 2B Aaron Miles.

Damn good deal for the Cards if true, from the looks of it they basically closed their hole left by Sanders with Bigbie and if Miles can play the outfield he would replace Walker. Given Miles in not nearly as good a player as Walker was, but maybe he can fill the gap in a turn around trade.

Banix12
12-08-2005, 01:46 AM
Found this on where else but rotoworld.
According to The Associated Press, the Rockies have acquired LHP Ray King from the Cardinals for OF Larry Bigbie and 2B Aaron Miles.

Damn good deal for the Cards if true, from the looks of it they basically closed their hole left by Sanders with Bigbie and if Miles can play the outfield he would replace Walker. Given Miles in not nearly as good a player as Walker was, but maybe he can fill the gap in a turn around trade.

Don't know how well Bigbie fills the hole left by sanders. With Bigbie they are basically banking on potential whereas Sanders is already a productive major leaguer. Anyway, he is probably just replacing Walker. Miles should get a chance to win the 2b job with the likely exit by Mark Grudzielanek.

Have the cardinals basically said Sanders isn't coming back?

I think it is a puzzling deal. I have no clue why the Rockies would need Ray King or why the Cardinals felt the need to trade him.

KRS1
12-08-2005, 01:53 AM
Don't know how well Bigbie fills the hole left by sanders. With Bigbie they are basically banking on potential whereas Sanders is already a productive major leaguer. Anyway, he is probably just replacing Walker. Miles should get a chance to win the 2b job with the likely exit by Mark Grudzielanek.

Have the cardinals basically said Sanders isn't coming back?

I think it is a puzzling deal. I have no clue why the Rockies would need Ray King or why the Cardinals felt the need to trade him.

They didnt offer Reggie arb., and whats about Bo Hart at 2b is he ever gonna be ready for the bigs?

Banix12
12-08-2005, 02:06 AM
They didnt offer Reggie arb., and whats about Bo Hart at 2b is he ever gonna be ready for the bigs?

He'll likely get a shot but I wouldn't put him as a favorite. He was pressed into service that year and honestly he appears to be a one year wonder. Probably his best role in the majors would be utility man.

JimEdmonds15
12-08-2005, 02:27 AM
He'll likely get a shot but I wouldn't put him as a favorite. He was pressed into service that year and honestly he appears to be a one year wonder. Probably his best role in the majors would be utility man.

Heck no.. Bo should never get a shot again.. It'll be between Hector Luna, Deivi Cruz, and Aaron Miles for 2nd base..

Now about this move.. King was buying himself outta St. Louis anyways with the comments at the end of the year.. I'm surprised we even got more than a bag of chips for Ray. I wish him well. Now the Cards lose another bullpen person which they shouldnt have afforded to have.. Now on the other hand, King was getting paid like 2.5 mil and these two comebined are getting less than a mil combined.. Saves more money for a bigger deal.. Hmm..

MUsoxfan
12-08-2005, 02:57 AM
When I saw this I thought the subject was "How many miles to St. Louis?"

Banix12
12-08-2005, 03:11 AM
Heck no.. Bo should never get a shot again.. It'll be between Hector Luna, Deivi Cruz, and Aaron Miles for 2nd base..

Now about this move.. King was buying himself outta St. Louis anyways with the comments at the end of the year.. I'm surprised we even got more than a bag of chips for Ray. I wish him well. Now the Cards lose another bullpen person which they shouldnt have afforded to have.. Now on the other hand, King was getting paid like 2.5 mil and these two comebined are getting less than a mil combined.. Saves more money for a bigger deal.. Hmm..

Saying he'll get a shot doesn't mean I think there is a chance in hell he'll win it. He was a good story for one year but so was Mike Caruso.

Didn't know about his comments. Just wonder now where they are going to get another LOOGY. The free agent list is hardly brimming with quality lefties. Try to pick up Myers again? At least to possibly trade him to boston again?

JorgeFabregas
12-08-2005, 04:08 AM
I have no clue why the Rockies would need Ray King or why the Cardinals felt the need to trade him.
From what I saw of them in the playoffs he didn't get many IP. Which was strange since their bullpen struggled so much.