PDA

View Full Version : It's nice being on top.

ChiSoxLifer
12-07-2005, 03:22 PM
I've been following all the hot stove action since the season ended. Who goes where, who spends what and it dawned on me. The reason all this is happening is because they're gunning for our White Sox. Yes! The World Champion Chicago White Sox! Now I look at each transaction and think to myself "That's not enough to catch my team. You're going to need to do more than that."

How freaking cool is that?

1951Campbell
12-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I've been following all the hot stove action since the season ended. Who goes where, who spends what and it dawned on me. The reason all this is happening is because they're gunning for our White Sox. Yes! The World Champion Chicago White Sox! Now I look at each transaction and think to myself "That's not enough to catch my team. You're going to need to do more than that."

How freaking cool is that?

Agreed. I see other teams' fans breathlessly talk about the pitching they've acquired, and I just think "man, we don't change a thing and we'll still own you."

MERPER
12-07-2005, 04:02 PM
I also find myself not caring AT ALL about what the pathetic franchise to our North does....

Normally, I am just as concerned with them not getting anybody good as I am with us getting someone good....

But now I can just sit back, knowing the WHITE SOX ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS, and not care because I know they're still not going to be as good as the Sox....

On a side note, I find it funny how we are all sharing our "firsts" since being crowned champions!!! It's such a different experience for everyone on this board!

Chicken Dinner
12-07-2005, 04:08 PM
The fact of the matter is we do need to be aware of all transactions by all teams. Our contracts will not last forever, nor will our championship. Watching different things happen in the game is part of the game. It's all for the love of the game.

KarkoFan1
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
I espcecially look at some transactions, and think that the teams are trying to emulate the Sox and there formula to winning in everyway. It is great knowing people want to be like the Sox.:D:

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-07-2005, 08:47 PM
1. Agreed.
2. Agreed.
3. Agreed.
4. Agreed.
5. Agreed.

I truly have not been this excited for spring training since...honestly....LAST winter. It will give me tears in my eyes on Opening Day to hear Hondo say, "Your 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX".

It's ours to defend...and we got what we need to do it.

soxfanatlanta
12-07-2005, 08:57 PM
+6

I especially like the fact that KW is keeping the outfield talent home, combine that with holding/aquiring good pitching, we could be looking at some very competitive teams for years.

Is it February 20th yet?