PDA

View Full Version : About that Pierre rumor...

SoxSideIrish
12-07-2005, 06:47 AM
...he's not exactly available anymore. Pierre was traded to those guys on the other side of town today, in exchange for Sergio Mitre and prospects Renyel Pinto and Ricky Nolasco. Obviously, still pending a physical.

EDIT: Linky Thing (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2250647)

getonbckthr
12-07-2005, 06:48 AM
...he's not exactly available anymore. Pierre was traded to those guys on the other side of town today, in exchange for Sergio Mitre and prospects Renyel Pinto and Ricky Nolasco. Obviously, still pending a physical.
ummmmm TALKING BASEBALL????

Coolpapa
12-07-2005, 07:01 AM
ummmmm TALKING BASEBALL????

Sounds like Formula one racing to me

getonbckthr
12-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Sounds like Formula one racing to me
Huh???
I suggested that the thread be moved to TALKING BASEBALL.

White Sox Randy
12-07-2005, 07:39 AM
The flubs desperately needed him - which is why they overpaid for him.

I'm glad to see that the flubbies will be unloading all of their pitching depth so when Prior or Wood or someone else goes down they will have nothing decent left to work with.

They are also looking to add Mench and Bradley and are talking about trading Wellmeyer and Jerome Williams. They're pitching will be awfully thin.

NonetheLoaiza
12-07-2005, 08:53 AM
We didn't NEED him. He probably would have been nice to have, but in no way did the World Champion White Sox absolutely need him.

Domeshot17
12-07-2005, 10:03 AM
I really like the potential of Brian Anderson, and I wanted pierre more so the cubs couldnt have him, but watch out in 3 years, because they got fleeced. Remember that guy they threw in to get Matt Clement, Dontrelle Willis, I am almost certian he will be joined by both Pinto and Nolasco in the rotation in a few years.

Oh and btw, The cubs STILL arent better than the Cardinals

pythons007
12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
I like that we are giving Anderson a shot. Pierre is alright but nothing special in my book. WE have all this young talent that needs some chance to play. I'm glad the Flubbies got him. Now they only need 2 more outfielders, a shortstop, and a second basemen.

Iwritecode
12-07-2005, 11:57 AM
I think the better question is: "Did we really need a poll to figure this out?"

Tekijawa
12-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Not to mention that Pierre is a FA next year! If they can sign him long term to a reasonable contract this was a good move for them... They essentially got a more expensive Scott Podsednik, which is the BIG HOLE they've had for years!