chisox77
12-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Or how about this classic?

"Fun is winning and winning is fun."

Very prophetic indeed.

:cool:

NonetheLoaiza
12-06-2005, 10:30 PM
I like when he is in the dugout at Wrigley, and he says to the team, 'We're down two runs, so ****ing what?!' Classic, and it speaks volumes of the way they played this year, with a little Ozzie flair.

batmanZoSo
12-06-2005, 10:42 PM
I love this quote from ozzie to the sox during the playoffs-

"Don't just be happy to be in the playoffs, win this thing"

How come no one told the team that in 2000, '93, '83 or '59? :cool:

Heh. Seriously, didn't winning the World Series seem so simple? I can't believe it took this team 88 years to do it, then they just steamrolled everybody like it was a piece of cake. Go figure.

Chisox003
12-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Ozzie had some beauties this year.

One of my favorites during the postseason was when he was asked about the Angels Rally Monkey....He goes something like "No, I dont wanna see that monkey. Keep that monkey in its cage."

The way he said it .... I was rollin

brewcrew/chisox
12-06-2005, 11:31 PM
The good, the bad, and the ugly: :cool:

"I could be with my family for the rest of my life or be with my players for the rest of my life. I'd rather be with the players."
--Guillen

"Oh, I got a lot of jobs. Maybe not analyst on ESPN, because my English is not that good. I would sit next to Jerry [Reinsdorf] and criticize the players. That's an easy job."
--Guillen, on what his next job may be

"In the minor leagues, you got three good players. Why do I have to send a report on the other 22?"
--Guillen, on why he would only write a few scouting reports while looking at minor leaguers

"Jerry has, I don't know, six NBA [championship] rings? I guarantee he would throw those things away just to have one in baseball. Just one. And I guarantee you, if we win this thing, Jerry would never wear a Bulls ring again."
--Guillen (Chicago Sun-Times)

"I want to win it for him. I do. A lot of people think I'm kissing his [butt] but I don't. I just want to win it for him. He deserves that. He earned that. I want to win it for Jerry and for [GM] Kenny [Williams], the fans, for myself, for the players, whoever it is. But more important, I want to win it for Jerry. I think this guy took a lot of time in his life to bring a winning team to Chicago."
--Guillen, on wanting to win for owner Jerry Reinsdorf

"Michael Jackson, everybody wants to see how he looks in a uniform. With Michael Jordan, we tried that and that don't work either. It's true. If you don't win, you're not going to bring anybody to the ballpark, I don't care who you [sign]."
--Guillen, on...Michael Jackson for some reason

"With the White Sox, in other seasons, every time they made the playoffs they said, 'Wow, that made our year. Not me. If we went to the playoffs and lose, it would be disappointing. That's not my goal. My goal is not to go to the first round, it's to win everything. We might not make it, but that's my goal."
--Guillen

"I'm not going to be happy unless we go all the way. A lot of people say, 'Gosh, thank God we made the playoffs. That was a good year.' That's losers."
--Guillen

And then there is my sig:

HotelWhiteSox
12-07-2005, 12:50 AM
My favorite was the barking match with Showalter after one of the Sox players got hit in Texas. The audio of the Rangers broadcast picked it up and they had to apologize. Good stuff

Coolpapa
12-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Still my fave...........

“Don’t come around and make this thing look like crap when you’re not right, when you know you’re lying,'’ Guillen said. “Don’t lie. You can say whatever you want: I want to make some money, I hate Kenny Williams, I hate Jerry Reinsdorf, I hope they die – whatever you want to say. But don’t come out every day and say things to make sure you look good with the fans.

“[Don’t] say that they [Williams and Reinsdorf] are horse [bleep] and I’m not. Because now the fans and the media, they will hear what I have to say, and they know I won’t bull-[bleep] them.'’

“I’d rather see the player say, ‘Listen, I wanted out of there because I wanted more money,”’ Guillen said. “I respect that. When Alex Rodriguez said he wanted out of there because ‘I want to win,’ Seattle won 100 games with him [actually 91 in 2000] and they won 116 without him [in 2001]. If you want to win, that’s a winning team. You left because of the money, and Magglio left because of the money.

“You’re going to tell me all the cities he could go to, there is a better city than Chicago? He was a legend here with the White Sox. A lot of people wanted him to finish his career here with the White Sox, and count Ozzie Guillen in that group.'’

Bobbo35
12-07-2005, 07:25 AM
The good, the bad, and the ugly: :cool:

"I could be with my family for the rest of my life or be with my players for the rest of my life. I'd rather be with the players."
--Guillen

"Oh, I got a lot of jobs. Maybe not analyst on ESPN, because my English is not that good. I would sit next to Jerry [Reinsdorf] and criticize the players. That's an easy job."
--Guillen, on what his next job may be

"In the minor leagues, you got three good players. Why do I have to send a report on the other 22?"
--Guillen, on why he would only write a few scouting reports while looking at minor leaguers

"Jerry has, I don't know, six NBA [championship] rings? I guarantee he would throw those things away just to have one in baseball. Just one. And I guarantee you, if we win this thing, Jerry would never wear a Bulls ring again."
--Guillen (Chicago Sun-Times)

"I want to win it for him. I do. A lot of people think I'm kissing his [butt] but I don't. I just want to win it for him. He deserves that. He earned that. I want to win it for Jerry and for [GM] Kenny [Williams], the fans, for myself, for the players, whoever it is. But more important, I want to win it for Jerry. I think this guy took a lot of time in his life to bring a winning team to Chicago."
--Guillen, on wanting to win for owner Jerry Reinsdorf

"Michael Jackson, everybody wants to see how he looks in a uniform. With Michael Jordan, we tried that and that don't work either. It's true. If you don't win, you're not going to bring anybody to the ballpark, I don't care who you [sign]."
--Guillen, on...Michael Jackson for some reason

"With the White Sox, in other seasons, every time they made the playoffs they said, 'Wow, that made our year. Not me. If we went to the playoffs and lose, it would be disappointing. That's not my goal. My goal is not to go to the first round, it's to win everything. We might not make it, but that's my goal."
--Guillen

"I'm not going to be happy unless we go all the way. A lot of people say, 'Gosh, thank God we made the playoffs. That was a good year.' That's losers."
--Guillen

And then there is my sig:

This quote is classic from the World Series DVD.

"Pressure is when you have 7 kids and make only a dollar a month, that's pressure." (Guillen)

SoxRule56
12-07-2005, 07:49 AM
"You can't win the Kentucky Dearby without any horses"
That's the best one.

hsnterprize
12-07-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm hijacking the thread, but think about this one...

Shortly after Ozzie was named Sox manager, his 2003 champion Florida Marlins team went to the White House to be honored by President Bush. Now, regardless of your political views, here's something Dubya said that I thought was pretty neat...and turned out to be prophetic...

I'm paraphrasing, but Dubya said that Ozzie would "bring another championship to Chicago." Obviously, the talk back then was winning the division. So much for what he knew. :D: :D: :D:

soxgirl617
12-07-2005, 08:10 AM
My favorite is one I saw here on WSI (someone's signature, I think---apologies for not remembering whose!). It goes something like this: when asked how many languages he could swear in, Oz said:

"I can swear in English, Spanish, Japanese, and whatever language Juan Uribe thinks he's speaking."

Coming from Ozzie, I find that especially hilarious!

brewcrew/chisox
12-07-2005, 08:56 AM
This quote is classic from the World Series DVD.

"Pressure is when you have 7 kids and make only a dollar a month, that's pressure." (Guillen)

I forgot about that one. That onne is classic! :D:

JGarlandrules20
12-07-2005, 10:12 AM
"I don't care what people think about this team. We have 25 guys that believe in eachother."

THAT was my favorite quote of his.

and who can forget this one:
"I was a better player than him, I've got more money than him, and I'm better looking than him.":cool: