PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gonna watch..

ChiSoxIn06
12-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Tonight at 7pm comcast is playing the Sox Pride DVD. Then they will replay the World Series Film that was aired on Thanksgiving. Since I'm still waiting for these DVDs to be delivered I will be watching both.

ShoelessJoeS
12-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Tonight at 7pm comcast is playing the Sox Pride DVD. Then they will replay the World Series Film that was aired on Thanksgiving. Since I'm still waiting for these DVDs to be delivered I will be watching both.
I too having been waiting for this day and will be watching both films.

:D:

lths06
12-06-2005, 06:47 PM
I can finally get my Hawk fix (hopefulle it will lasy me until I get the DVD for Christmas)!:D: :redface:

TONY23
12-06-2005, 06:57 PM
7 pm Today on COMCAST !!!!!!!!!! DVD WAS RELEASED TODAY ALSO.
Dont for ge to post your thought after the showing of sox pride

I want Mags back
12-06-2005, 08:21 PM
I enjoyed thios one more than the "Official World Series film" form thanksgiving. This one had more of a Sox perspective, with Hawk nararring and such, and i like how it takes through the whole season, where the first one barely went through the LDS and LCS, it just wanted to get the WS

lths06
12-06-2005, 08:23 PM
They didn't show or mention the fantastic grab by Uribe in the stands during the second to last out of Game 4 of the World Series!:?:

koch44
12-06-2005, 08:28 PM
They didn't show or mention the fantastic grab by Uribe in the stands during the second to last out of Game 4 of the World Series!:?:

$$$$

They want you to buy both DVD's.

SOXSINCE'70
12-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I was much happier with the "Pride" DVD because it showed what the
Sox had to go through to win a championship.The WS DVD only focused
on the playoffs.Both are great DVD's,but "Pride" gets my vote for all the
regular season footage.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-06-2005, 09:05 PM
I liked it. I absolutely loved seeing Shingo run to the bag to end the game on opening day against the Indians again. I was somewhat disappointed that most of the commentary from the players was recycled from the World Series DVD, but I am able to realize that they had to put together 2 DVDs in a relatively short amount of time. I'm hoping Santa brings this for me soon...:smile:

soxwon
12-06-2005, 09:12 PM
watched it taped it no need to buy it now!!!

it was great, i liked the series tape better, but it was still great.

itsnotrequired
12-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Pretty good video. I'm sure I will buy it...or get it from Santa.:D:

I liked the Thome/Konerko replay pieces between the Sox Pride and World Series as well.

santo=dorf
12-06-2005, 10:34 PM
God, I love winning this damn thing.

I always turn my head away from Reinsy collecting the trophy because it makes me look like a :whiner:

I'm definately picking up every DVD on the Sox.

fusillirob1983
12-06-2005, 11:09 PM
I forgot that it was on tonight. So I flipped through the channels, saw it was on and then right before the ending credits were rolling one of my roommates came home. He's a big fan of the Sox too. To my amazement he just sat there in awe of the credits!

Huisj
12-06-2005, 11:13 PM
After catching parts of both of them tonight (and getting chills and goosebumps during various parts of both of them), I think I will be needing both of them for sure.

It's gradually sinking in, bit by bit, but I think it's going to take the whole offseason before it hits me hard. :cool:

I really like this feeling.

hsnterprize
12-07-2005, 06:27 AM
I enjoyed watching it too. My wife got mad at me because she wanted me to record some stupid music awards show, but I told her I was recording the "Sox Pride" DVD. She thought it was the same as the "World Series Film", and she went on about how I hog the TV from the kids and watch sports all the time. When I tried to show her I erased all but the DVD airings and the final out of the World Series on our DVR, she didn't want to believe me.

The funny thing is she (a White Sox fan) told me, "It's over...they won...move on!!!!! All you have on is White Sox, White Sox, White Sox." You would've thought she was a disgruntled Cub fan with the way she was mouthing off. She even rooted for the Cubs in their 2003 playoff run saying, "I can't not root for a Chicago team, you know what I mean?" Of course, I got the last laugh back then, and I'll still hold that against her when necessary.

Bobbo35
12-07-2005, 07:09 AM
I enjoyed watching it too. My wife got mad at me because she wanted me to record some stupid music awards show, but I told her I was recording the "Sox Pride" DVD. She thought it was the same as the "World Series Film", and she went on about how I hog the TV from the kids and watch sports all the time. When I tried to show her I erased all but the DVD airings and the final out of the World Series on our DVR, she didn't want to believe me.

The funny thing is she (a White Sox fan) told me, "It's over...they won...move on!!!!! All you have on is White Sox, White Sox, White Sox." You would've thought she was a disgruntled Cub fan with the way she was mouthing off. She even rooted for the Cubs in their 2003 playoff run saying, "I can't not root for a Chicago team, you know what I mean?" Of course, I got the last laugh back then, and I'll still hold that against her when necessary.

Holy cow that sounds like my wife. I was watching the Sox pride video last night on Comcast and she is like, "that is the 5th time you have watched the World Series video, the season is over." I told the season is not over with these two videos, now I can watch the Sox whenever I am going through withdrawl. It also beats the **** out of watching SVU.