PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie on with Boers and Bernstein now (670)

HotelWhiteSox
12-06-2005, 02:36 PM
They stream online 670thescore.com

They're doing quick Q & A right now, he might be in a hurry

HotelWhiteSox
12-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Actually he's already off, guess he was in a hurry.

Quick synopsis:
-Are you really considering having Juan Uribe hit 2nd?
OG: He is going to hit 2nd. Explanation of wanting to use Iguchi differently.

-Did Iguchi get tired at the end of last year, there were some reports of it?
OG: He must have been, to come to a longer season with a different style of play. But we gave him a lot of days off last year early (throughout) in the year and we'll handle him the same next year.

- He's considering a couple different guys for CF. He might have said a name but I didn't understand it, but definately said he's considering more than one person.

- As far as the Winter Meetings: Happy with the job Kenny has done (resign PK, trade for Thome). Sad to see Rowand go since he was a one of his favorite players, but likes Thome. For future moves, has told KW to leave the pitching staff alone. Hasn't spoken to Thome, PK, or Rowand yet as he just got back from Venezuela, he'll do it later this week.

That was about it. I think they also asked about worrying about Freddy's workload (no mention of the WBC though) and he gave an answer about taking it as they went or something like that, they quickly let him go after that.

downstairs
12-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Uribe hitting second is a strange move... but I like moving Iguchi to a power spot.

He *is* supposed to be a power hitter.

I've always loved Uribe in the 9 hole... but I think he's better than a typical #9 hitter, and thus maybe technically shouldn't be there.

TomBradley72
12-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Uribe hitting second is a strange move... but I like moving Iguchi to a power spot.

He *is* supposed to be a power hitter.

I've always loved Uribe in the 9 hole... but I think he's better than a typical #9 hitter, and thus maybe technically shouldn't be there.

It's an interesting move by Ozzie....there's some precedent of moving players to the #2 hole to "force" them to become more patient, more hit and running, bunting, working the count....it will be interesting to see if Uribe can pull it off.