PDA

View Full Version : What would it take to get Miquel Cabrera

Whitesox4ever
12-06-2005, 01:36 PM
According to NY newsday. The Marlins will trade any players on their roster including Cabrera and Willis..

Could you see Cabrera or Willis in a Sox uniform

I know this is just a pipedream but what the heck its a slow newsday

ChiSoxLifer
12-06-2005, 01:42 PM
According to NY newsday. The Marlins will trade any players on their roster including Cabrera and Willis..

I'd rather have Willis. Great pitcher plus that gives the Sox two ex-north siders fighting for the Cy Young. Cabrera? He's a stud.

bobowhite
12-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Cabrera?

Probably McCarthy and more.

He is a stud, but not going to happen.

RKMeibalane
12-06-2005, 01:55 PM
It would take much more than Williams is willing to give up at this point.

SoxFan76
12-06-2005, 02:28 PM
:rolleyes:

Yeah, it would take at least one of the top 4 starters and Chris Young for that deal. At LEAST.

Tekijawa
12-06-2005, 02:34 PM
What if we threw in all our old Blue seats for when they move into a new stadium? It's a start!

caulfield12
12-06-2005, 02:40 PM

Crede or Fields, probably hold out for Crede
Marte or Harris
McCarthy
one of the four outfielders

I could see Fields, Harris and Owens OR Sweeney, that would be all that I would be willing to give up.

Potentially, you have solved their issues at 2B, 3B and CF-RF. But no McCarthy. And I don´t think they would want El Duque. Maybe Marte...probably not, not at $2.25 million for 2006.

Jjav829
12-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Crede or Fields, probably hold out for Crede
Marte or Harris
McCarthy

I could see Fields, Harris and Owens OR Sweeney, that would be all that I would be willing to give up.

Potentially, you have solved their issues at 2B, 3B and CF-RF. But no McCarthy. And I don´t think they would want El Duque. Maybe Marte...probably not, not at $2.25 million for 2006.

For who? That package sure as hell isn't getting anyone Willis or Cabrera.

I don't buy into the Marlins trading Willis or Cabrera. If they did, "the right price" would probably mean Buehrle + cash + a top prospect for someone like Cabrera.

Tekijawa
12-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Mr. Caulfield is obviously pretending.... :cool:

caulfield12
12-06-2005, 02:56 PM
For who? That package sure as hell isn't getting anyone Willis or Cabrera.

I don't buy into the Marlins trading Willis or Cabrera. If they did, "the right price" would probably mean Buehrle + cash + a top prospect for someone like Cabrera.

You´re forgetting how badly that the Marlins want Cabrera out of their organization.

I also don´t see why they would want a Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras or Garland, because how are they going to afford any of those guys?

Realistically, their asking price to start is this...

McCarthy
Crede
Harris
Marte

Then you negotiate down from that point. There is no way in hell the White Sox are going to send a significant amount of money to the Marlins, unless it was something like $8-10 million and we kept McCarthy, Crede and Chris Young-Anderson.

Sadly, they probably would prefer the money over the talent at this point.

Jjav829
12-06-2005, 02:59 PM
You´re forgetting how badly that the Marlins want Cabrera out of their organization.

What? :?: :?:

caulfield12
12-06-2005, 03:09 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=2196249

There´s tons of stuff out there about Cabrera´s ¨me first attitude,¨ his apparent belief that he doesn´t need to go through pre-game drills or that he doesn´t need to work on his defense. Granted, McKeon was losing it at the end of the season with Burnett and then Cabrera, but he also won a World Series in 2003.

He could be the next Pujols, the next Manny Ramirez or the next Ruben Sierra-Juan Gonzalez. Time will tell. No doubt he is a tremendous talent...albeit without a position. He certainly is not a strong defender. We would be best off putting him at third and acknowledging we probably will not be able to keep Crede after 2007.

Unless OG vouches for him from his time in FLA and VENEZ enough to make the investigatory phone call, it won´t even be discussed by KW.

Flight #24
12-06-2005, 03:09 PM

You know, because they've publicly said they'll trade everone else and build the team around him and youth. Or maybe because they just dont' believe that he'll ever really develop.....:rolleyes:

caulfield12
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
You know, because they've publicly said they'll trade everone else and build the team around him and youth. Or maybe because they just dont' believe that he'll ever really develop.....:rolleyes:

Any player is tradeable.

We could have Cabrera for Buehrle OR McCarthy, Cotts, Crede, Harris, Marte and Chris Young.

Sure, any GM in baseball would be dumb to turn down that much talent in return.

eriqjaffe
12-06-2005, 03:23 PM
There´s tons of stuff out there about Cabrera´s ¨me first attitude,¨ his apparent belief that he doesn´t need to go through pre-game drills or that he doesn´t need to work on his defense.Sounds like a perfect fit for the Sox!

NonetheLoaiza
12-06-2005, 03:33 PM

There´s tons of stuff out there about Cabrera´s ¨me first attitude,¨ his apparent belief that he doesn´t need to go through pre-game drills or that he doesn´t need to work on his defense. Granted, McKeon was losing it at the end of the season with Burnett and then Cabrera, but he also won a World Series in 2003.

If that is indeed true, you just said the first, and only reason the White Sox wouldn't want a guy like Cabrera.

pythons007
12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
no chance...we won't give what the Marlins will be asking in return for Cabrera or Willis. We don't need either of them either. I would just like to say, why don't we allow the rookies play. McCarthy is going to be better than Willis and I feel that Anderson will turn out to be a great outfielder.

spiffie
12-06-2005, 04:42 PM
I would just like to say, why don't we allow the rookies play.

:rauch

Because more often than not, they're me...

http://www.rookiesquantities.com/Images/T92_036.jpg

Or me...like the bow tie?

ChiSoxIn06
12-06-2005, 06:59 PM
you cant count rauch as a bomb..he got hurt and plus he was rushed into the bigs...as far as ruffcorn goes...i got nothing,,,he just sucked.

caulfield12
12-06-2005, 08:37 PM
no chance...we won't give what the Marlins will be asking in return for Cabrera or Willis. We don't need either of them either. I would just like to say, why don't we allow the rookies play. McCarthy is going to be better than Willis and I feel that Anderson will turn out to be a great outfielder.

I think it´s a stretch to say McCarthy is going to be better than Willis at this point.

I´m sure about 25 MLB GM´s would take Willis over McCarthy at this point in their careers, respectively.

SABRSox
12-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Maybe Jerry can go down to Miami and hammer out a stadium deal for the Marlins in exchange for Willis or Cabrera... that might do it.

getonbckthr
12-07-2005, 06:47 AM
Bmac, Crede, Willie and 1 of our OF prospects.

sean
12-07-2005, 10:12 AM

There´s tons of stuff out there about Cabrera´s ¨me first attitude,¨.

Sounds like another 3b turned OF we had here.
Although Cabrera is obviously better than Carlos Lee, I don't think KW is going to trade for the the same attitude that he needed to get away from here just a year ago.