PDA

View Full Version : Uribe for Aaron Miles:

Tekijawa
12-06-2005, 12:56 PM
I know we all know how this trade went for KW... Just reinforces he did a good Job!

From Rotoworld via the Denver News:

Aaron Miles (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?leaguenum=&sport=MLB&id=7228) - 2B - Rockies (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.asp?leaguenum=&sport=MLB&majteam=COL)

The Rockies are trying to sell the Marlins and Royals on Aaron Miles, who likely won't have a starting job next year if he remains in Colorado.
Miles just doesn't belong in the majors, something that should become apparent to everyone if he ever does leave Colorado. In other Rockies news, the team isn't at all confident about signing Shawn Estes or Felix Rodriguez. Instead, they'll continue to raid the Pittsburgh pen. A deal with Jose Mesa is about to be finalized, and the team has talks scheduled with Brian Meadows.

SOXintheBURGH
12-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Jose Lima is getting an AARP card anytime now; but Brian Meadows is servicable.

Baby Fisk
12-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I distinctly recall PH13 was very positive about the arrival of Uribe, when most of us had never heard of him.

bobowhite
12-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I also didn't mind this trade when it was made, although I objected to posters calling it "trash for trash."Having scouted Miles myself, I can tell you his big problem is that he is in Colorado. He hits the ball on the ground and doesn't exactly work counts well. His .290 BA and .310 OBP are similiar to Adam Kennedy, a very decent 2B. Colardo consistently tried to use Miles as a leadoff man, a role he is not suited to. He does have a 'swing first-ask questions later' approach much better suited to the #2 hole. He batted second when he won the Southern League MVP with the B'ham Barons in the Sox org. Can anyone use a switch hitting number two hitter who plays second base? While the White Sox don't, there are plenty of teams that could use the help. I would have said Minnesota until about a week ago.

D. TODD
12-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Jose Lima is getting an AARP card anytime now; but Brian Meadows is servicable. It's Jose Mesa not Lima, but he's no spring chicken either.

MHOUSE
12-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Mesa finally came to earth after his fantastic 2004 season and lost his job as closer toward the end of 2005. He might be out of baseball come June pitching in Colorado. At least he won't have to close, might be good for him. The Rockies stockpile more retread relievers than any other team I think. DeJean, Mesa, Kim, Randy Williams, etc.

batmanZoSo
12-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I distinctly recall PH13 was very positive about the arrival of Uribe, when most of us had never heard of him.

I was very positive as well, despite that I had never heard of him. :o:

But seriously, it's been a good trade for both sides but I'm very happy with our guy. Uribe is a gold glover whether he gets the trophy or not. I don't wanna debate this trade again, but we got the better, younger player.

Daver
12-07-2005, 06:50 PM
That was a great trade, a career minor leaguer for a player that could play all over the infield, and could still improve his game.

34 Inch Stick
12-08-2005, 04:05 PM
I don't believe people were against the trade. At worst the Sox were getting a younger player with major league experience whose defense was unquestionably better. It was not a trade that moved people all that much, but I don't think the feelings were negative.