PDA

View Full Version : jacque jones???

gbergman
12-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Jacque Jones is on the market still, and i do think he would be a decent pick up. I know some of you will bash this but he could play centerfield, and he did put up better power numbers than rowand. plus he has more speed. not sure on his defensive numbers plus he is another lefty which would give us a 4 lefty 5 righty combo?

Your Thoughts

Tad & Tanaka
12-05-2005, 08:05 PM
I think that Juan Pierre would be a much better pick up than Jacque Jones because of his speed and ability to get on base. I can imagine the Sox with two Scott Podsednik's.

Stoky44
12-05-2005, 08:06 PM
My initial thought: Eh.

Not worth the money, you have to remember we do have a set budget and we got some stud pitchers becoming free agents soon. I would rather have the cash for our rotation. We saw in the past what happens with a great lineup and little pitching.

BTW: What's the Score?

chisoxmike
12-05-2005, 08:09 PM
No.

wsox3505
12-05-2005, 08:10 PM
no way.

very overrated. can't hit well or make contact, plus he's better suited to play corner position. if KW won't start the season with BA out there, he surely shouldnt go with j jones. besides, he went to USC. gets a knock for that in my book.

Banix12
12-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Got power, got speed, but not a good on base guy (so he doesn't work in the 2 hole) and he'll cost way too much in this inflated market.

And do a search before suggesting him, this is like the 4th or 5th thread on this guy.

The Deacon
12-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Jacque Jones is on the market still, and i do think he would be a decent pick up. I know some of you will bash this but he could play centerfield, and he did put up better power numbers than rowand. plus he has more speed. not sure on his defensive numbers plus he is another lefty which would give us a 4 lefty 5 righty combo?

Your Thoughts

I bet the Cubs sign him.
I think we're fine in CF with the prospects we have. If at mid-season 2006 CF turns out to be a liability, I'm sure Kenny will look at the options.