PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Get The Parade Jacket?

Red Barchetta
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Has anyone bought or received their Parade Jacket with the WS Champions patch? I'm curious if MLB has shipped?

Red Barchetta
12-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Anyone? :(:

delben91
12-06-2005, 08:35 PM
I ordered mine. Though from whitesoxteamstore.com, not mlb.com. According to the teamstore site, they'll ship in early to mid december.

Red Barchetta
12-06-2005, 09:04 PM
I ordered mine. Though from whitesoxteamstore.com, not mlb.com. According to the teamstore site, they'll ship in early to mid december.

Thanks. Please post back once you receive it. I'm curious on the sizing. (I hate buying expensive clothes on line because you can't fit it on first). The last majestic jacket I had was cut larger than other similar jackets so it's a crapshoot whether a large or XL is right for me. I ordered the XL so I want to work an exchange quickly if it's too large.

Skarpachi
01-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks. Please post back once you receive it. I'm curious on the sizing. (I hate buying expensive clothes on line because you can't fit it on first). The last majestic jacket I had was cut larger than other similar jackets so it's a crapshoot whether a large or XL is right for me. I ordered the XL so I want to work an exchange quickly if it's too large.

For those who have purchased these jackets and already received them, please let me know how the sizes are. Thanks.

Palehose13
01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
What does this jacket look like?

Skarpachi
01-10-2006, 02:52 PM
What does this jacket look like?

Palehose13
01-10-2006, 03:11 PM

Grassy ass. :cool:

Is it the same as the one worn during the ALCS but with a patch?

Iwritecode
01-10-2006, 03:18 PM
I like mine better. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=974729&postcount=27)

It has a WS patch on the arm too. :D:

starboy0
01-10-2006, 04:32 PM
The jacket is beautiful. People constantly stop me on the street and ask me where I got it.

It has the world series champions patch on one sleeve and american league patch on the other. I ordered one size larger than my regular shirt size and it fits perfectly.

I got mine (ironically) here: http://www.wrigleyvillesport.com/soxlanding.htm

Soul_bat
01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Ordered mine from someone on Ebay. Sizes run BIG. I have an XL and I probably should have gotten the Large. Great Jacket.

Soul_bat
01-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I heard you can order them (and know someone who bought one) from Grandstand as well. They might have one on the floor you could try on.

HomeFish
01-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Its simply the most beautiful jacket I've ever seen. Been coveting one since I attended the parade.

A shame it has to be so expensive.

delben91
01-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I also ordered mine from wrigleyvillesport. I wear a M shirt, got the L jacket and it's perfect. Take that for what it's worth.

Red Barchetta
01-10-2006, 08:07 PM
I ordered mine from Wrigleyville Sports as well. I ordered an XL and it was way too big and long. I usually wear XL shirts and wear a 46L suit jacket if that helps anyone with sizing. I returned the jacket and they are expecting to ship me a replacement large in late January.

shbart
01-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah...got mine last week, through a friend of a friend of a friend....it is incredibly cool.The WS and AL patches look great. I got an XL and it does run a little large, but that's just fine with me.

It's also been nice that we haven't had 10 below weather, so I could get a few wears out of it in public. I was concerned I'd have to spend weekends inside the house with the jacket on and doing the Tom Cruise, Risky Business dance ...of course, while holding the WS paperweight, while watching the WS DVD, while playing Sox Monopoly, while shooting paperwads in the Sox garbage can, while staring at the Topps Baseball cards etc., etc. :rolleyes:

Cuck the Fubs
01-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Sure I finally get the code for 20% off @ MLB shop and now the damn jacket isn't listed there....

:angry: What gives?!?!?!?:angry:

Red Barchetta
01-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Sure I finally get the code for 20% off @ MLB shop and now the damn jacket isn't listed there....

:angry: What gives?!?!?!?:angry:

The problem is that this jacket is so popular, MLB sells out within 24 hours. I know, I tried buying from them twice before going to Wrigleyville Sports.

I don't live near Chicago any longer so Grandstand wasn't an option.

Again, the jacket is awesome, however they run long and large.

Hangar18
01-12-2006, 08:23 AM
You guys are going to be Furious, but 2 SOXFEST' ago, that same Jacket
was available for $150. There was a whole rack of them, and I almost bought one, but didnt really need it. On Saturday, I was in an impulsive mood and had them hang onto a XL for me, but bought a jersey instead. :(:

Cuck the Fubs
01-12-2006, 09:03 AM
I have yet to see the black world champs one yet.....

Which jacket is better?

Skarpachi
01-12-2006, 10:14 AM
This is an awesome jacket. I actually picked one up yesterday at Sports World of Chicago across from Wrigley Field (how ironic!). I only needed a medium and they had 2 in stock (they did not have any other sizes, but the guy said they expected another shipment in a week or two). These jackets for sure run big as I normally wear a large jacket.

Iwritecode
01-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I have yet to see the black world champs one yet.....

Which jacket is better?

Personal preference I guess. As far as I know they are basically the same jacket. Wool body, leather sleeves, WS patch on one arm, AL patch on the other. The only difference is the all black one is reversable. The opposite side is the satin-like material with just the patch on the front. Works well if it's raining and you don't want to get the leather sleeves wet. :cool:

I don't think the one with the tan sleeves has anything on the back either.

chiwhitesox035
01-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Does this jacket have to be ordered online? or are there any local stores selling them?. I would love to have this coaches jacket.

Red Barchetta
01-12-2006, 09:15 PM
was available for $150. There was a whole rack of them, and I almost bought one, but didnt really need it. On Saturday, I was in an impulsive mood and had them hang onto a XL for me, but bought a jersey instead. :(:

I don't think it's the same jacket. Majestic had a similar jacket back in 2000 that I bought prior to the Seattle playoff series. It had a larger SOX logo and no patches.

delben91
01-12-2006, 09:16 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the one 2 soxfests ago didn't have the World Series Champion patch on the left sleeve. :wink:

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Getting a White Sox jacket is next on my "getting in shape" reward list. I really like the look of the parade jacket, but I'm not sure if I'll feel comfortable walking around in what a basically a HS varsity jacket. I'm not knocking the jacket, it's just that I teach HS. So I am a little torn, when I initially wrote my reward list I had this one in mind:

http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/0f/67/ef_1.JPG

Not as glamorous, but still a classic. *sigh* What to do, what to do?

Red Barchetta
01-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Getting a White Sox jacket is next on my "getting in shape" reward list. I really like the look of the parade jacket, but I'm not sure if I'll feel comfortable walking around in what a basically a HS varsity jacket. I'm not knocking the jacket, it's just that I teach HS. So I am a little torn, when I initially wrote my reward list I had this one in mind:

I got this jacket last summer before the run on all the SOX merchandise. I had liked it when I saw Ozzie wearing it in the dugout, however it wasn't until I saw it up close that I knew I had to have it. I love the white sock on the sleeve. Great fitting as well. I'm considering having a World Series Championship patch sewn on once the "official" patch is revealed.

Get it. You won't be disappointed.

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 09:39 PM
I got this jacket last summer before the run on all the SOX merchandise. I had liked it when I saw Ozzie wearing it in the dugout, however it wasn't until I saw it up close that I knew I had to have it. I love the white sock on the sleeve. Great fitting as well. I'm considering having a World Series Championship patch sewn on once the "official" patch is revealed.

Yeah, I saw it up close the night we won the series and it is much nicer in the flesh...errr, cloth. I like your idea of sewing a WS patch on the sleeve. Would you mind if I used that idea?

Cuck the Fubs
01-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I think I'm leaning more to the all black one.....

You do bring up a good point about the Varisty look!

Brian26
01-12-2006, 09:42 PM

I like this jacket except for one thing. I can't stand where they placed the diamond sock logo. It's too low on the sleeve. The jacket they offered the year BEFORE this one is a little better IMHO- the diamond sock logo is where the bicep would be on the sleeve, and the other sleeve had a flag on it...I think Hawk wore it at the parade.

starboy0
01-13-2006, 05:46 AM

Teach high school myself and did get the "varsity" jacket. It looks so good that I don't even think about it looking like a kid's jacket. My white sox students are drooling over it so I don't take it to school (you know how things can disappear there!)

C-Dawg
01-13-2006, 05:59 AM
The jacket they offered the year BEFORE this one is a little better IMHO- the diamond sock logo is where the bicep would be on the sleeve, and the other sleeve had a flag on it...I think Hawk wore it at the parade.

The grey one? Best investment I ever made; they sold out all they had left at Soxfest last year for half price. I wore it into Grandstand a couple weeks ago, and actually had a couple people come up and say "Now THAT'S the jacket I was looking for - Where did you get it?".

Now I wish I'd gotten two of them. :smile:

Hangar18
01-13-2006, 08:31 AM

You know, Ididnt like the way the jacket looked, too plain for me.
I have all the other jackets currently, so I didnt see the need to run out and get another jacket ............. til I saw it at Athletes Foot. For whatever reason, the jacket called out to me to try it on ..... even though I thought it was way too plain. Guess what? This jacket is the most comfortable out of all the dugout jackets and promptly made up a reason to myself for buying the jacket. You can Never have enough SOX merchandise I always say

robertks61
01-13-2006, 05:38 PM
After reading this thread, I decided (took me 3 days to think about it) I ordered it along with the road jersey with the patch.

Red Barchetta
01-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I saw it up close the night we won the series and it is much nicer in the flesh...errr, cloth. I like your idea of sewing a WS patch on the sleeve. Would you mind if I used that idea?

Not at all! Let me know how it works out. The challenge I see is that the jacket has the raised seems that run down the sleeves. The only "flat" place to sew a patch on would be on the other sleeve in the same area as the sock diamond patch. If I do it, I want to do it right because I don't want to mess up the jacket. I like it too much!

Red Barchetta
01-13-2006, 05:55 PM
After reading this thread, I decided (took me 3 days to think about it) I ordered it along with the road jersey with the patch.

Which jacket?

Red Barchetta
01-13-2006, 05:58 PM
The grey one? Best investment I ever made; they sold out all they had left at Soxfest last year for half price. I wore it into Grandstand a couple weeks ago, and actually had a couple people come up and say "Now THAT'S the jacket I was looking for - Where did you get it?".

Now I wish I'd gotten two of them. :smile:

Those grey dugout jackets that said "Chicago" were sweet. (In my best Napoleon Dynomite voice).

I think MLB changes the dugout jacket each year to help promote sales. I remember when the grey dugout jackets were revealed, I read an article where Bobby Cox of the Braves refused to wear the grey Altanta jacket because he hated the grey or grey look. I guess MLB encourages the managers to help promote products, etc. and he decided to buck the system and wear the home navy jacket for both home and away games. They threatened to fine him, however I don't think they ever did.

robertks61
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Which jacket?

The parade jacket with the tan leather sleeves, can't wait to show it off.

batmanZoSo
01-13-2006, 08:35 PM

Buy one that's too small. And spend a lot of money on it. :wink:

Palehose13
01-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Buy one that's too small. And spend a lot of money on it. :wink:

:?:

Why don't you just tell me your size. :cool:

batmanZoSo
01-13-2006, 09:33 PM
:?:

Why don't you just tell me your size. :cool:

I'm up to a 42. I'm huge, Jerry. HUGE..:D:

Palehose13
01-13-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm up to a 42. I'm huge, Jerry. HUGE..:D:

lol...We may be the same size.

doogiec
01-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Just got the parade jacket on Wednesday, Anniversary gift from my wife. I definitely married well!

Red Barchetta
01-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Just got the parade jacket on Wednesday, Anniversary gift from my wife. I definitely married well!

Does she have any sisters?! :wink:

starboy0
01-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Was stopped twice yesterday about my jacket. There has not been a single day yet I have not been stopped.

A random waitress came up to me yesterday where I was eating and said, "Got to tell you I just love that jacket" and later as I was purchasing some Saturday afternoon refreshment, a guy said, "man I've got to get one of those...first time I saw Ozzie with it, knew I wanted it."

It's a jacket for a man's man and the ladies like it too.

MySoxAreClean
01-15-2006, 11:04 AM
same here love the CHICAGO IN CURSIVE with the WS Patch, Next is the black one with the WS patch of course

batmanZoSo
01-15-2006, 11:19 AM
lol...We may be the same size.

OK, so here's the plan: we go in halfsies and keep the jacket in a safe deposit box at a bank near the Cell. We each get a master key. In the event that we attend the same game, the jacket wearer will be determined by a best-of-seven rock/paper/scissors with the saxophone guy as the mediator. If that isn't sufficient for determining the wearer, it will be settled by a race around the world! :tongue:

Skarpachi
01-25-2006, 02:47 PM
If anyone is interested, my buddy just told me that MLB has this jacket in stock (all sizes) and they are shipping within 2-3 business days.

Red Barchetta
01-25-2006, 06:18 PM
If anyone is interested, my buddy just told me that MLB has this jacket in stock (all sizes) and they are shipping within 2-3 business days.

I was about to post the same thing. Good deal considering MLB sent out a 15% discount coupon to returning customers. Better act fast because these usually sell out within a day or two. They run large and long. I wear a 46L and I ordered a large that fits great! Good luck - it's an awesome jacket!:smile:

Red Barchetta
01-25-2006, 08:25 PM
same here love the CHICAGO IN CURSIVE with the WS Patch, Next is the black one with the WS patch of course

I wish the SOX would have worn the black jerseys at least once during the playoffs. However as Crash Davis said, "Always respect a streak".