PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox sold--$660 mil

Paulwny
12-21-2001, 12:42 PM
Gee, I'd like to get into a system losing money every year.

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam011220/mlb_soxsale-ap.html

Dadawg_77
12-21-2001, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Gee, I'd like to get into a system losing money every year.

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam011220/mlb_soxsale-ap.html

The total price is $700 million. They get a club, the park and 80 percent of the sports cable station up there. The extra $40 million comes from assumed debt.

The real funny thing is, the guys buying the Red Sox are either former owners of teams, current owners or served on Baseball Blue Ribbon committee which said baseball is doing poorly and now they are paying $700 million for a team.

edited part:

Dude, its my newton/RVD post. Its 4:20 post man.

ExSoxFan
12-21-2001, 12:50 PM
The new owners also took on $40 million of assumed debt, so the total sale price is $700 millon, or almost THREE Alex Rodriguezes!

:payrod

RedPinStripes
12-21-2001, 01:07 PM
:tool
"Baseball is going broke. Just ask Jerry Riendorf.

:reinsy
"I'm so broke I have to sell the naming rights of my stadium I never paid a cent for. A good lawyer can shaft any state and make then their slave."

voodoochile
12-21-2001, 02:16 PM
Anyone notice that one of the owners is the NY Times? Man that is too funny... First Ruth and now the whole f'n team...

BoSox fans are in for a rough week...

Foulke You
12-21-2001, 02:50 PM
I wonder how much the White Sox are worth? It's got to be at least $400 million. Being in a big market alone would make the White Sox worth more than others. If memory serves me, didn't Jerry Reinsdorf only pay $20 million for the White Sox back in the early '80s. I wonder if Jerry has dollar signs in his eyes after seeing how much the Red Sox went for.

I'll never sell!!!!

RedPinStripes
12-21-2001, 03:15 PM
I could have made big money in Forida. Just look at the devilrays and marlins.

Spiff
12-21-2001, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Anyone notice that one of the owners is the NY Times? Man that is too funny... First Ruth and now the whole f'n team...

BoSox fans are in for a rough week...

If I was a Red Sox fan I wouldn't care so much if it was the Times. The Post or the Daily News would be a whole different story (no pun intended).

Huisj
12-21-2001, 03:44 PM
did John Henry ever actually see the Marlins? Wasn't his plan to sell the Marlins to Jeff Loria, the Expos' owner, when the Expos got contracted. I don't get it, does Henry now own two teams? Isn't that illegal? fill me in here . . . :?:

Huisj
12-21-2001, 11:39 PM
Oops, that last post i made should say "sell" instead of "see". my bad. . .

FarWestChicago
12-21-2001, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
Oops, that last post i made should say "sell" instead of "see". my bad. . . You can edit your own posts.

RichH55
12-22-2001, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You can edit your own posts.

Yeah but then you don't get that extra post hit:)

Dadawg_77
12-22-2001, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
did John Henry ever actually see the Marlins? Wasn't his plan to sell the Marlins to Jeff Loria, the Expos' owner, when the Expos got contracted. I don't get it, does Henry now own two teams? Isn't that illegal? fill me in here . . . :?:

They are in talks now, should be finalize when the owners meet in mid-jan.