PDA

View Full Version : Nomo Returns to LA

duke of dorwood
12-20-2001, 11:56 PM
LOS ANGELES -- In an effort to bolster their pitching staff, the Los Angeles Dodgers brought back one of their most effective pitchers from the 1990s Thursday when they reached a two-year agreement with right-handed starting pitcher Hideo Nomo.

"We are very happy to have Hideo back with our ballclub," said Dan Evans, Dodgers executive vice president and general manager. "Hideo is a starting pitcher we have been exploring all winter. He's as durable a pitcher as there is in the game, a guy that will give us innings and strikeouts.

nut_stock
12-21-2001, 12:41 AM
I'd be interested to know the financial terms. He would have been a good pickup.

Jerry_Manuel
12-21-2001, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I'd be interested to know the financial terms. He would have been a good pickup.

I heard on the radio 2 years at 7 million per year.

longshot7
12-21-2001, 12:28 PM
7mil per? Yikes. Why not bring Chan Ho back? God, Danny Evans is an idiot, and much worse than KW. I'm very upset.

RichH55
12-22-2001, 08:57 AM
7 million is a bunch.....Thats the same money that Schmidt got more or less....and if given my choice I'd take Schmidt without even thinking about it....Nomo should pitch well for LA, but that is going to retard the budget...damn that has to lower the odds of Royce going away

:hitless
I'm not going anywhere!

Make the Bad Man STOP@!