PDA

View Full Version : LA/OC Area WSI Members

TheKittle
12-05-2005, 04:33 AM
I will be getting a copy of the Sox Pride DVD. If I can find a sports bar/restaurant etc to watch the DVD, who would go?

Suggestions for the bar/restaurants are welcomed. I know a couple places in the OC/Long Beach area.

There is a Chicago style pizza place in Placentia called Tony's, which has the best Chicago style pizza west of Chicago, but they have a huge mural of the dump Chewing Gum Field.

There are a couple Chicago hot dog places in the Long Beach/Los Al area but not sure if they have a DVD player. But if worse comes to worse somebody can bring a DVD player.

SoCalWhiteSoxFan
12-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Let me know if you can put something together, because I'd be willing to go. I moved out here about a year ago from Chicagp, and still haven't met another Sox fan. I work in downtown LA, and live in Fullerton.

TheKittle
12-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Hell if nobody else is interested you and me will meet up at Tony's and watch the DVD and we'll change that mural.

longshot7
12-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Count me in, even tho it sounds like a drive - I live in Hollywood. There's a Bears bar in Burbank that we might be able to show it at if you guys want to drive. We watched most of the Worlsd Series there. No pizza tho.

TheKittle
12-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Count me in, even tho it sounds like a drive - I live in Hollywood. There's a Bears bar in Burbank that we might be able to show it at if you guys want to drive. We watched most of the Worlsd Series there. No pizza tho.

I don't mind the drive but if it's Taste Chicago you're talking about, forget it. That place is terrible.

SABRSox
12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
I don't mind the drive but if it's Taste Chicago you're talking about, forget it. That place is terrible.

He's talking about Tin Horn Flats. There was a nice crowd there for the World Series, and they have a nice big widescreen TV. Not sure about a DVD player, though.

And you're right, Taste Chicago is terrible. If I'm really in need of italian beef, I'll make the drive down to Buena Park for Portillo's.

longshot7
12-05-2005, 08:03 PM
He's talking about Tin Horn Flats. There was a nice crowd there for the World Series, and they have a nice big widescreen TV. Not sure about a DVD player, though.

And you're right, Taste Chicago is terrible. If I'm really in need of italian beef, I'll make the drive down to Buena Park for Portillo's.

yeah, THF is what I was talking about. And I can bring a DVD player if need be.

patbooyah
12-05-2005, 08:39 PM
i live in hollywood, too.

but i'd be willing to go, if i wasn't stuck at work!

BNLSox
12-05-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm in too. Just watched the world series dvd and LOVED it... can't wait to see more stuff.

Let me know when and where.

SOX LA Mikey
12-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Dang, where were all you folks when I was trying to get people over
here to watch game 4? wound up watching it alone but got down to
Tinhorn a little later just to get some 'Atmosphere'
I'm in Hollywood, just off Sunset strip, I have a full sized wall
projector, NFL sunday ticket, and today got my official WS dvd
I'll be watching da Bears whip Steeler ass this Sunday am:bandance:
and could be talked into screening the dvd later.....

-Mikey

longshot7
12-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Dang, where were all you folks when I was trying to get people over
here to watch game 4? wound up watching it alone but got down to
Tinhorn a little later just to get some 'Atmosphere'
I'm in Hollywood, just off Sunset strip, I have a full sized wall
projector, NFL sunday ticket, and today got my official WS dvd
I'll be watching da Bears whip Steeler ass this Sunday am:bandance:
and could be talked into screening the dvd later.....

-Mikey

come down to Tin Horn for the Bears/Steelers game...... can't beat watching with 200 other Bears fans.

wsox3505
12-06-2005, 01:12 PM
A good place to watch it would be Hollywood Billiards. I used to watch a lot of wsox games there since they have directv.

Great place to watch Sunday NFL. every game, tons of bears fans.

SOX LA Mikey
12-06-2005, 07:28 PM
come down to Tin Horn for the Bears/Steelers game...... can't beat watching with 200 other Bears fans.

I used to go to TinHorn all the time -until they invented this
DirecTV/SundayTicket/Tivo/movie screen thing
Now I just roll out of bed at 10am every Sunday morning -So much easier
but I think I'll make it over for one of the upcoming evening games
just for the 'Atmosphere' and to sing 'Bear Down' after the game

offer still stands for this weekend, SOX PRIDE is on Comcast 2night
so I will Tivo that:bandance:

MasQbellesa
12-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Since i feel like the lone White Sox Fan in the San Gab Val....even I would drive to sit and drink a beer with fellow believers!!

longshot7
12-06-2005, 09:39 PM
I used to go to TinHorn all the time -until they invented this
DirecTV/SundayTicket/Tivo/movie screen thing
Now I just roll out of bed at 10am every Sunday morning -So much easier
but I think I'll make it over for one of the upcoming evening games
just for the 'Atmosphere' and to sing 'Bear Down' after the game

offer still stands for this weekend, SOX PRIDE is on Comcast 2night
so I will Tivo that:bandance:
thx for the offer but I'm in Vegas this weekend. Maybe next week - altho I think we should do it at THF and have lots of drunk sox fans.

TheKittle
12-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Since i feel like the lone White Sox Fan in the San Gab Val....even I would drive to sit and drink a beer with fellow believers!!

LOL I sometimes feel that way too and I live on the eastern part of SG Valley. But maybe you, me and the guy who lives in Fullerton can meet up and have a few beers.

This week is tough for me but next week is wide open. If we meet up in Hollywood, hopefully it will be close to a Red Line station. Since parking blows anywhere in Hollywood.

SABRSox
12-06-2005, 11:29 PM
If we meet up in Hollywood, hopefully it will be close to a Red Line station. Since parking blows anywhere in Hollywood.

You can find street parking in Hollywood, if you don't mind walking a couple of blocks. I live up near the Hollywood Bowl, and parking is pretty easy to find unless there's a concert that night, and you don't have to worry about that in the winter.

SoCalWhiteSoxFan
12-07-2005, 05:12 AM
LOL I sometimes feel that way too and I live on the eastern part of SG Valley. But maybe you, me and the guy who lives in Fullerton can meet up and have a few beers.

This week is tough for me but next week is wide open. If we meet up in Hollywood, hopefully it will be close to a Red Line station. Since parking blows anywhere in Hollywood.

Funny thing, I moved out here from Chicago a little less than two years ago. My parents, aunt, and uncle came out to visit it me in October. They had never really seen much of SoCal before. Since I live in Fullerton (I practice law in downtown LA), I suggested they find a hotel in Anaheim. They planned their trip about two months in advance. As luck would have it, they were here the week the Sox were playing LAA in the ALCS. And to top it all off, they just happened to stay at the Anaheim Hilton, where the Sox were staying. We saw a bunch of the players handing around the hotel before and after the games.

How ironic. My family are all big Sox fans, and except for 1959 (LONG before I was born), haven't tasted much success. And the first time they visit SoCal for any extended period, the Sox just happen to clinch the pennant, and stay in the same hotel.

Anyway, anytime someone wants to get together, just shout. Not many Sox fans out here.