PDA

View Full Version : sox in cincinnatti

rbeze09
12-05-2005, 01:22 AM
I've never seen the sox play outside of chicago and i'm really excited about seeing them play on the road this year. I've got a couple of buddies from college that live in cincinnatti, so I've been to the GABP a few times and I'm def going to see the sox play there this june. I must say it's a beautiful ballpark, and seats are very reasonable. I went there to see the cubs play the reds last yr and i wore my pauley jersey. It was wierd, I saw at least 5 other people wearing konerko jerseys. It seems like the sox might have a following down there. I was wondering if any1 else was gonna make the trip.

C-Dawg
12-05-2005, 06:46 AM
I'll be there; I try to make one road trip a year, and when I heard they were going to Cincinnati that sealed it. I've been to the old park there, but haven't managed to find time to visit the GABP yet.

KyWhiSoxFan
12-05-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm in Lexington, KY, and there are a group of us, some of us former South Siders, who have plans to be in Cincinnati for one of the Sox games. We're trying to get seats behind the Sox dugout.

Taliesinrk
12-05-2005, 11:39 AM
I go to college an hour away, and my GF lives in Dayton. We'll be there for at least one game, maybe two or three. Hell of a ballpark, and real fair prices on seats/ food. I highly recommend catching a game there if you have the chance. (Unfortunately, the product on the field leaves something to be desired sometimes).

depy48
12-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Without a doubt, I'll be there too. I go to college in Ohio, so a lot of buddies live here. So I'll be the whitesox fan admist a group of reds fans

maurice
12-05-2005, 05:58 PM
The Sox had a huge crowd in SD in June 2005 and always have a good number of fans in Cleveland, Detroit, etc. In light of these facts, there should be a huge number of Sox fans in Cincy to watch the defending champs play in a relatively new stadium for the first time.

ChiSoxIn06
12-05-2005, 06:35 PM
The GABP is one of the lamest and blandest stadiums I have been to. I was there 2 years ago and was not impressed with it by any means. Possibly because the Reds are so boring to watch play lol.

robertks61
12-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Put me down for Cincinnati. Hopefully a lot of silver & black!

Taliesinrk
12-05-2005, 11:20 PM
The GABP is one of the lamest and blandest stadiums I have been to. I was there 2 years ago and was not impressed with it by any means. Possibly because the Reds are so boring to watch play lol.

Refer to above as to the reasons why, but I go there every year, and unfortunately here I strongly disagree. GABP is an awesome place to see a game.

PKalltheway
12-06-2005, 12:01 AM
I will definitely try to see the Sox here in Cincy. Usually, our school gives away vouchers to everybody. The vouchers are good for two upper deck tickets (sometimes you get really good upper deck seats like the ones directly behind home plate) but I may be willing to fork out 36 dollars for lower deck seats!:D:

rbeze09
12-06-2005, 01:45 AM
Refer to above as to the reasons why, but I go there every year, and unfortunately here I strongly disagree. GABP is an awesome place to see a game.
I also disagree. It's a beautiful park directly on the river. It has a walkway behind the rightfield stands along the river where a band plays before the game, a pretty cool reds hall of fame, and the best part of all, they have SKYLINE CHILI. I will def be there for a couple of the games

Coolpapa
12-06-2005, 02:09 AM
It's a nice park, the hall of fame building outside is really cool. I will be in cincy as well. We should all meet across the river for beverages before and after.

AWhiteSoxWinner
12-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Looking forward to a Cincinnati trip with friends. Saw the Sox beat the Tigers in June in Comerica Park with friends thanks to a Freddy Garcia gem. Saw the Sox play the Brewers in Miller Park two days before the regular season started with my dad. In 2006, I also plan to go to PNC park with my dad and brother to see the Sox beat the Pirates and to Baltimore (my brother lives in DC) to see the Sox win at Camden Yards. I also can't wait to go to Wrigley in my World Series Champion cap and Cotts WS jersey to see the Sox go crazy on the Cubs. Can't wait till next season!

skottyj242
12-06-2005, 12:44 PM
I had one of the best chili-dogs at that ballpark I have ever had a couple of years ago at a game.

SOXintheBURGH
12-06-2005, 12:54 PM
If anyone wants to go out to the Burgh with me to watch the Sox play at PNC, I can assure you a good time. :cool:

skottyj242
12-06-2005, 01:04 PM
If anyone wants to go out to the Burgh with me to watch the Sox play at PNC, I can assure you a good time. :cool:

It took me all this time to figure out your screen name and it just hit me. Pittsburgh...I was always wondering what in the heck does burgh mean.

Taliesinrk
12-06-2005, 03:19 PM
It's a nice park, the hall of fame building outside is really cool. I will be in cincy as well. We should all meet across the river for beverages before and after.

That's quite the idea.. Newport on the levvy is quite nice.. pretty cool place.
There's also a Rock Bottom Grill that I went to last time I went to a Reds game and the bar was packed afterwards.. I don't know which would be better. The only reason I suggest this is that in order to get accross to Newport you'd have to drive and repark and, IIRC, hop on the freeway. If we went to Rock bottom, then it's like a 3 block walk in a nice, pretty populated town square.

SOXintheBURGH
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
It took me all this time to figure out your screen name and it just hit me. Pittsburgh...I was always wondering what in the heck does burgh mean.

LOL.. now I know how cheeses feels!

I was living in Pittsburgh at the time I joined WSI. I now live in the SW suburbs.

Coolpapa
12-07-2005, 02:38 AM
That's quite the idea.. Newport on the levvy is quite nice.. pretty cool place.
There's also a Rock Bottom Grill that I went to last time I went to a Reds game and the bar was packed afterwards.. I don't know which would be better. The only reason I suggest this is that in order to get accross to Newport you'd have to drive and repark and, IIRC, hop on the freeway. If we went to Rock bottom, then it's like a 3 block walk in a nice, pretty populated town square.

I like the seafood place located very near the aquarium..only in Kentucky:D: