PDA

View Full Version : I Want The Crown Jewel: MANNY!

86metsghost
12-04-2005, 11:22 PM
The Mets have improved by leaps and bounds so far (on paper anyway) this off-season!:D:

But I want the Crown Jewel: MANNY!:bandance:

I think Omar can get it done!:tongue:

Please cross your fingers for us to get him Sox fans! :rolleyes:

And here's to a Mets/White Sox World Series in 2006!:gulp:

P.S. if the Mets don't make it,

LETS GO YANKEES! (HAHAHA YEAH RIGHT! NOT! CHOKERS! :redneck )

CubsfansareDRUNK
12-04-2005, 11:25 PM
:?:...

antitwins13
12-04-2005, 11:28 PM
LETS GO YANKEES! (HAHAHA YEAH RIGHT! NOT! CHOKERS! :redneck )

:tealpolice:

Good luck with Manny, but I'd put a new GM on your Christmas wish list before Manny.

elrod
12-05-2005, 01:00 AM
As a Mets/White Sox fan, I'm not sure I want Manny Ramirez. The Mets need solid pitching more than anything else at this point. The rotation: Pedro, Benson, Zambrano, Glavine and Trachsel???? is not consistent or dominating enough to win the division. Billy Wagner helps a lot in the bullpen, but the Mets need another good bullpen arm outside of Heilman. Maybe Jae Seo?

1B Delgado
2B ???
SS Reyes
3B Wright
LF Floyd
CF Beltran
RF ???
C Lo Duca

Manny would be nice, but Woodward was solid and I still like Victor Diaz. Or is Xavier Nady going to start out there? Is Cairo the starter at 2B?

86metsghost
12-05-2005, 01:00 AM
:tealpolice:

Good luck with Manny, but I'd put a new GM on your Christmas wish list before Manny.

????

SoxFan76
12-05-2005, 01:02 AM
The different fan philosophies are pretty funny.

We (Sox fans) don't want Manny because a) he's selfish, b) he makes too much money, and c) he can't play defense.

A Met fan (and I won't speak for all Met fans, this guy could be a troll in disguise for all we know) wants the biggest "names" on the market no matter who they are.

And who has the World Championship in the last 5 years?!

(or was the Subway Series '99...)

antitwins13
12-05-2005, 02:52 AM
????

All sarcastic comments here are made in teal. I was trying to help you out. I'll be your tutor. Below is your textbook.
:tealtutor:

Yankees Suck!-AT13

SOXintheBURGH
12-05-2005, 03:46 AM
As a Mets/White Sox fan, I'm not sure I want Manny Ramirez. The Mets need solid pitching more than anything else at this point. The rotation: Pedro, Benson, Zambrano, Glavine and Trachsel???? is not consistent or dominating enough to win the division. Billy Wagner helps a lot in the bullpen, but the Mets need another good bullpen arm outside of Heilman. Maybe Jae Seo?

1B Delgado
2B ???
SS Reyes
3B Wright
LF Floyd
CF Beltran
RF ???
C Lo Duca

Manny would be nice, but Woodward was solid and I still like Victor Diaz. Or is Xavier Nady going to start out there? Is Cairo the starter at 2B?

Rotation has serious questions. Pedro? It's hard to bet against him, just like its hard to bet against Atlanta winning the division.. whenever its time for them to fade out they do it again. Benson is BEYOND overrated (as his wife, IMHO :tongue: ). I for one would rather trot on Xavier than orchestrate some kind of debacle for Monster Piss.

Banix12
12-05-2005, 05:10 AM

1B Delgado
2B ???
SS Reyes
3B Wright
LF Floyd
CF Beltran
RF ???
C Lo Duca

I don't claim to be an expert talking about the mets but anyway. Cairo is a free agent right now so he doesn't seem to be an option. If you are talking Chris Woodward, he's a career backup. Never developed the bat to be a full timer but he was always good with the glove in toronto. Victor Diaz seems like he might be a decent player from what little I have seen of him.

From the looks of that group the problems aren't so much in the middle but at the top of the order. Manny is always nice but a leadoff man who can actually get on base at a good clip might be nicer. Instead of shelling out the money and the prospects for Manny how about sending a little something to Tampa for Julio Lugo and have him play 2nd.

I see the Mets are still paying Kaz matsui that god awful contract. Too bad.

getonbckthr
12-05-2005, 05:22 AM

1B Delgado
2B Matsui
SS Reyes
3B Wright
LF Floyd
CF Beltran
RF Nady
C Lo Duca

Manny would be nice, but Woodward was solid and I still like Victor Diaz. Or is Xavier Nady going to start out there? Is Cairo the starter at 2B? Currently its Matsui and Nady starting at 2B and in RF. If they get Manny it will cost them most likely Floyd for sure and who knows what else as far as prospects and Diaz or Nady. They could have a lineup like:
1) Reyes, 2)Beltran, 3)Manny, 4) Delgado, 5) Wright, 6) Nady/Diaz, 7)Kaz, 8)Duca, 9) Pitchr.