PDA

View Full Version : Thomas not going to the twins

JermaineDye05
12-04-2005, 12:54 PM
) Forget the Frank Thomas-to-the-Twins rumors. The Twins say they have nothing going with the former Chicago White Sox slugger.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/13322010.htm

not sure how reliable the source is, but TIFWIW, hopefully this is true I never wana see Frank in twins unis

y2j2785
12-04-2005, 12:56 PM
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/13322010.htm

not sure how reliable the source is, but TIFWIW, hopefully this is true I never wana see Frank in twins unis

I also hope this is true. I can not imagine Frank Thomas in a different uniform. I dont know if I could ever watch Big Frank bat against the sox. Please Frank dont go to the Twins or any other team in our division.

ChiSoxIn06
12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Maybe Frank will be a free agent until he is healthy and the sox can pick him back up again.

ilsox7
12-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Maybe Frank will be a free agent until he is healthy and the sox can pick him back up again.

Without having the knowledge and expertise on Frank's injury, I still think his best shot is to sit out a season and come back in 2007.

slavko
12-05-2005, 12:53 AM
He's going to come back.

He's not coming here because he needs enough AB's to reach his homer goals.

He's going to play in the American League so he can DH.

He's going to face the Sox at some point.

When, not if, these things happen, who among us will be rooting against him?

Sox of White
12-05-2005, 12:55 AM
He's going to come back.

He's not coming here because he needs enough AB's to reach his homer goals.

He's going to play in the American League so he can DH.

He's going to face the Sox at some point.

I'll just hope he hits homers every at bat, and then we beat his team by one.

It would be hard to not root for Frank at the plate. But his team, no.

HotelWhiteSox
12-05-2005, 02:17 AM

Why would I? I'm a big Frank fan and like/agree with the Sox offseason moves, but from his viewpoint, they're basically kicking him to the curb. He's a White Sox legend, I probably don't want him to do ill will towards the Sox when playing us, but I would never boo or anything like that, and I may smack someone if I see someone do it at a game. I'll probably be following the new team he plays for more than I used to.

SOX ADDICT '73
12-05-2005, 03:47 AM
Here's what I think:

Frank Thomas deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Nothing that happens from here on will make me change my mind. However, I don't think Frank will ever again be healthy enough to reach 500 home runs (just a feeling I have - I hope I'm wrong), which some of these douchebag sportswriters will use as rationale to not vote him in. I don't know what Frank's career batting average was as of a few years ago, but it seems like it has taken a big hit after a couple of sub-standard seasons, and is now all the way down to .307. What I don't want to see is Frank continuing to play on half an ankle, hitting .265 while trying to reach what should be a meaningless HR total, and letting his career BA dip below .300, which would just give the aforementioned douchebag sportwriters another reason to keep him out of the HOF.

I still think he gets in, but the idea that it could be a matter of debate would be utterly disrespectful to the greatest player in his team's long and storied history.

wdelaney72
12-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Frank will not sign with ANY team until closer to spring training.

soxfan43
12-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Here's what I think:

Frank Thomas deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Nothing that happens from here on will make me change my mind. However, I don't think Frank will ever again be healthy enough to reach 500 home runs (just a feeling I have - I hope I'm wrong), which some of these douchebag sportswriters will use as rationale to not vote him in. I don't know what Frank's career batting average was as of a few years ago, but it seems like it has taken a big hit after a couple of sub-standard seasons, and is now all the way down to .307. What I don't want to see is Frank continuing to play on half an ankle, hitting .265 while trying to reach what should be a meaningless HR total, and letting his career BA dip below .300, which would just give the aforementioned douchebag sportwriters another reason to keep him out of the HOF.

I still think he gets in, but the idea that it could be a matter of debate would be utterly disrespectful to the greatest player in his team's long and storied history.

I couldn't agree more. However, if I were Frank, I would sit out until I'm 100%, even if that's midseason. Just think how many teams would love to add a hall of fame bat without giving anything up.