PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Sunday Uniforms for 2006

SaltyPretzel
12-03-2005, 06:43 PM
They should wear them all the time.
http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/2005/12/01/cYMP4dc5.jpg
http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051201&content_id=1274951&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

Optipessimism
12-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Nice. And why are these uniforms only for Sunday?

Soxfanspcu11
12-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Does anyone ever wonder if there is going to be a backlash to all these "throwback" uniforms that have become so popular in recent years? I've got to think that at some point people are going to say enough is enough.

Some of them look cool, but some are atrocious. The old-school Astros uniforms???:?: I can't even begin to comprehend what the designers of those were on when they thought them up.

On the flip side, the 1959 throwbacks that the Sox wore against the Dodgers on June 18 (AJ's walkoff game) were awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing them wear those a few more times.

bmac5001
12-03-2005, 07:09 PM
good choice. i love those brewers uni's. so much so that i purchased one of the hats at a brewers game a couple years ago.

Law11
12-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Whats funny is if you go to the brewers site on MLB their fans all hate these uniforms..

TheOldRoman
12-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Whats funny is if you go to the brewers site on MLB their fans all hate these uniforms..
From what I hear, the MLB message boards are horrible and swarming with trolls. They are probably 13 year olds who think they should add black to their current unis.:rolleyes:
Brewers fans have spoken. They overwhelmingly want the old logo back. The Front office has done studies on it, and acknowledge that the fans want it. They did a t-shirt day at the park, where they let the fans choose between a shirt with the current logo and a shirt with the ball-and-glove logo. Many more people picked the old logo. From Brewers fans I talked to, I have learned that most of them always identified with the old logo, the old colors, and and the old unis. The majority of the fanbase wants to old look back, and they are going to get it fulltime in either 07 or 08.

TheOldRoman
12-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Nice. And why are these uniforms only for Sunday?
They are alternates, and the Brewers are running a "Throwback Sunday" promotion all year to coincide with the unis. The fans really want this look back fulltime, but the team is testing the waters right now. The retro logo outsells the current logo 2-1 in the Milwaukee area, from what I have heard. If all goes well, and the stuff flies off the shelves, this will once again be the fulltime look within a couple of years. They need a long time to design a complete identity change like this. Remember, they wouldn't just be changing the unis, they would change all their merchandise, signs at the stadium, team stationary, websites, etc. A lot of thought and time goes into it.

Palehose13
12-03-2005, 10:36 PM
From what I have seen, people here are dying to get the old look back. Most despise the uniform change (and always have). They think it's too generic and I agree. Seeing that they are going to do it, I may have to invest in a Brewers jersey. Carlos Lee maybe. :cool:

kaufsox
12-03-2005, 11:32 PM
From Brewers fans I talked to, I have learned that most of them always identified with the old logo, the old colors, and and the old unis. The majority of the fanbase wants to old look back, and they are going to get it fulltime in either 07 or 08.

Now if they would only come back to their old league. I loved having the Brewers as a full time rival.

CubsfansareDRUNK
12-03-2005, 11:41 PM
hooray for the search button!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62545&highlight=brew+crew

Red Barchetta
12-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Does anyone ever wonder if there is going to be a backlash to all these "throwback" uniforms that have become so popular in recent years? I've got to think that at some point people are going to say enough is enough.

Some of them look cool, but some are atrocious. The old-school Astros uniforms???:?: I can't even begin to comprehend what the designers of those were on when they thought them up.

On the flip side, the 1959 throwbacks that the Sox wore against the Dodgers on June 18 (AJ's walkoff game) were awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing them wear those a few more times.

Would have been funny if the SOX and Astros had a "turn back the clock game" during the World Series when the Astros would have worn their 70s rainbow shirts with numbers on the pants and the SOX would have worn their 80's Red White and Blue Softball uniforms with the numbers on the pants.

SaltyPretzel
12-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Would have been funny if the SOX and Astros had a "turn back the clock game" during the World Series when the Astros would have worn their 70s rainbow shirts with numbers on the pants and the SOX would have worn their 80's Red White and Blue Softball uniforms with the numbers on the pants.

No. :wink:

Sox of White
12-04-2005, 11:53 PM

I love throwbacks, and I love those old Astros uniforms.

donkeylips
12-05-2005, 08:07 AM
I think they should do throw-ahead uni's. Instead of throwbacks they could be super futuristic looking with scrolling LED logo's on the hat, uniforms, and shoes, and hoverboards and stuff.

Baby Fisk
12-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Those ol' Brew Crew unies are awesome. Good move on Milwaukee's part. That logo will be everywhere next summer.