View Full Version : Royals change uniforms for 2006

Fenway
12-03-2005, 04:26 PM
the black is gone
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball/MLB/KC_5761.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball/MLB/KC_5762.gif

ilsox7
12-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Nice. Now they just have to change their team.

buehrle4cy05
12-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Those black unis hurt my eyes. Glad to see them gone.

The Critic
12-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Are their vests gone, too?

I liked their vests.

RKMeibalane
12-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Nice to see that they've gone back to their old color scheme. I don't understand the obsession with adding black as a third color. The Mets need to follow KC's lead and get rid of their ridiculous unis.

DumpJerry
12-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Now I'm worried about them.....

Chisox003
12-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Well, at least they've done something this offseason....

:gulp:

MrRoboto83
12-03-2005, 05:06 PM
KC has some real sharp uniforms.

NonetheLoaiza
12-03-2005, 05:15 PM
KC has some real sharp uniforms.

I concur. I really like their style. It's simple and looks professional.

gowhitesox
12-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Those look like nice uniforms.

Jjav829
12-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Different uniform, same crappy team. Oh, but they might get Paul Byrd. Look out for the Royals if that happens!

RKMeibalane
12-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Different uniform, same crappy team. Oh, but they might get Paul Byrd. Look out for the Royals if that happens!

It seems as though Byrd has played for the Royals several different times. I know he's played there at least once.

Corlose 15
12-03-2005, 08:18 PM
What about the blue alternates they wear at home? Those look pretty good IMO.

nccwsfan
12-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Good to see them go back to the basics...I agree with RK about the Mets- they ruined a good thing.

Brian26
12-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Aren't those basically the same uniforms they wore in the late 90s? I know the home unis are exactly the same. I'm trying to recall if the road uni's had cursive "Kansas City" or cursive "Royals". Is this the first time a team has changed their uniforms and then immediately gone back to the exact same versions previous to that?

TheOldRoman
12-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Those black unis hurt my eyes. Glad to see them gone.
While all the black was removed from the home, road, and home alternate uniforms, they will still have a black road alternate with a black cap. The black jersey will have the blue "Kansas City" script in 06 instead of the "Royals" script from the past few years.
Are their vests gone, too?

I liked their vests.
Yep, no more vests.
What about the blue alternates they wear at home? Those look pretty good IMO.
They will still wear them.
Aren't those basically the same uniforms they wore in the late 90s? I know the home unis are exactly the same. I'm trying to recall if the road uni's had cursive "Kansas City" or cursive "Royals". Is this the first time a team has changed their uniforms and then immediately gone back to the exact same versions previous to that?
They are very similar. The road jersey used to have "Kansas City" in block letters arched across the chest. Also, both the home and road jerseys had the crown logo inside a white circle with a blue outline as a sleeve patch. They have removed the circle and are now going with just the logo.

kaufsox
12-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Must admit, I've always liked the Royals unis, I'm glad they have gone back to the basics. Too bad the team of George Brett is so lousy. Now, if they could get those light blue away unis back...

skobabe8
12-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Good job, KC. Black and blue looks like crap on a uniform. Why teams continue to do it is beyond me.

RealMenWearBlack
12-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Must admit, I've always liked the Royals unis, I'm glad they have gone back to the basics. Too bad the team of George Brett is so lousy. Now, if they could get those light blue away unis back...

I like the uniforms, but I always liked the 80s light blue uniforms and would have preferred light blue uniforms instead of grey.

Over By There
12-04-2005, 09:15 AM
It's about time. Their recent unis have been an abomination. Someone mentioned the Mets and I totally agree - they should follow suit and ditch the black too.

Brian26
12-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Now, if they could get those light blue away unis back...

This was actually rumored in that ESPN "uniform watch" column a month or two back. The writer didn't specify the Royals by name, but mentioned a team who made the powder-blue unis famous was considering going back to them.

Red Barchetta
12-04-2005, 12:04 PM
While all the black was removed from the home, road, and home alternate uniforms, they will still have a black road alternate with a black cap. The black jersey will have the blue "Kansas City" script in 06 instead of the "Royals" script from the past few years.

Yep, no more vests.

They will still wear them.

They are very similar. The road jersey used to have "Kansas City" in block letters arched across the chest. Also, both the home and road jerseys had the crown logo inside a white circle with a blue outline as a sleeve patch. They have removed the circle and are now going with just the logo.

I still don't like the alternate black jerseys for the Royals. I like the idea of alternate jerseys, however the only team IMO that looks good in black are our SOX. Black & Silver are our primary colors. If the Royals, Mets, Rockies, etc., use an alternate jersey, they should be a primary color.

Dan Mega
12-04-2005, 05:01 PM
I like them. Nice job done by KC. Way to get rid of that black, ugh.

gogosox675
12-04-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm glad they took the black out of the uniforms. The new ones are a big improvement.

RKMeibalane
12-04-2005, 06:56 PM

The road had "Royals" written on it.

TheOldRoman
12-04-2005, 09:17 PM
The road had "Royals" written on it.
Not in the late 90s. It had Kansas City in block letters.
http://espn.go.com/i/outdoors/2001/0725/photo/p2_h_fea_dye_jermaine.jpg
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1992_kansascity.gif (javascript:history.go(-1))They wore these from 92-92.
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1995_kansascity.gif (javascript:history.go(-1))They wore these from 95-2001

Whitesox029
12-04-2005, 09:42 PM
They look almost identical to the original Royals' uniforms from '69:
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1969_kansascity.gif

The new ones have the number on the front, which I think is the only difference. Very reminiscent of the Dodgers' unis, only without the red number (of which, though it's traditional, I'm not a fan). As for black as a third color...it drives me nuts.
But I LOVE black as a primary color.
:cool::sox:cool:

antitwins13
12-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Too bad the team of George Brett is so lousy.

I'm glad they suck. I don't need the Royals masses having any bragging rights here in Iowa.

Baby Fisk
12-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Are you paying attention, Black Jays? :mad:

longshot7
12-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Nice to see that they've gone back to their old color scheme. I don't understand the obsession with adding black as a third color. The Mets need to follow KC's lead and get rid of their ridiculous unis.

But it's not their old color scheme - they look like the Dodgers. They should go back to light blue tops with white lettering from the 70's & 80's.