PDA

View Full Version : Used Championship Flags

NonetheLoaiza
12-03-2005, 03:05 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here as bought any of the various championship flags that the Sox fly at Comiskey at the Garage Sale. If so, how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking. I anticipate the cost to be quite high, but was fairly interested, so I thought I would ask. Thanks.

skobabe8
12-03-2005, 03:06 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here as bought any of the various championship flags that the Sox fly at Comiskey at the Garage Sale. If so, how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking. I anticipate the cost to be quite high, but was fairly interested, so I thought I would ask. Thanks.

Ive never seen those at the garage sales. :?:

ND_Sox_Fan
12-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Ive never seen those at the garage sales. :?:

I can confirm that they have sold them - not sure on the price, but I remember seeing a tattered 1983 flag a couple years back.

BeefyD
12-03-2005, 11:11 PM
I've seen them too at SoxFest garage sale. I think the last time was 2 years ago. They were $500. However, the last day they usually discount stuff. Don't know if that's included, but I know gamer bats were %50 off the price. BTW, do they still have the garage sale at US Cellular? Or only at SoxFest nowadays... (god, I feel stupid asking, but the last couple of years $ was tight and outside of partial season tix, wife would've killed me bringing home game used equipment)

skobabe8
12-04-2005, 12:57 AM
I've seen them too at SoxFest garage sale. I think the last time was 2 years ago. They were $500. However, the last day they usually discount stuff. Don't know if that's included, but I know gamer bats were %50 off the price. BTW, do they still have the garage sale at US Cellular? Or only at SoxFest nowadays... (god, I feel stupid asking, but the last couple of years $ was tight and outside of partial season tix, wife would've killed me bringing home game used equipment)

Its still at the park in the patio area. It was right around Fathers Day in '05.

RealMenWearBlack
12-04-2005, 01:11 AM
IIRC, there was a silent auction for the flags at the end of the season two or three years ago. Maybe they'll do the same for the 2005 World Series Championship flag next season.

NonetheLoaiza
12-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the responses.

GregoryEtc
12-04-2005, 08:47 PM
I for one would love it if they offered replicas of all the championship flags ...even in miniatures... like a nice 3' X 5' for my rec room.

Brian26
12-04-2005, 10:27 PM
BTW, do they still have the garage sale at US Cellular? Or only at SoxFest nowadays...

Both. The first garage sale of the year is at Soxfest. In 2005, they held the second garage sale as part of "Family Field Day" in early May at the Cell.

BeefyD
12-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I used to always go to the one at the ballpark, which was usually the same day tickets went on sale.

chisox
12-04-2005, 11:06 PM
I for one would love it if they offered replicas of all the championship flags ...even in miniatures... like a nice 3' X 5' for my rec room.

you can find the miniatures in various places. in fact, i think i saw one on mlb.com a couple days ago. i have ws replicas from '06 and '17. as well as pennant replicas from '59, '19, and '01. mitchel and ness has some, and there's a place called distantreplays.com where you can find some cool throwback type stuf too

Exit_Only
12-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Does anyone know how much the Sox playoff banners that were attached to streetlights all around the city sold for?

They were sold at the Daley Center about a month ago.

Martinigirl
12-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Does anyone know how much the Sox playoff banners that were attached to streetlights all around the city sold for?

If I recall correctly, they were going for over 1K. The banners are auctioned off for the Chicagoland Food Depository, so it is a tax deduction. It is organized by the Mayor's Office of Special Events and they have the auction a couple of times a year. I would call them for the next auction date.

ilsox7
12-04-2005, 11:26 PM

I think you're talking thousands of dollars if I remember correctly.

Exit_Only
12-04-2005, 11:38 PM
If I recall correctly, they were going for over 1K. The banners are auctioned off for the Chicagoland Food Depository, so it is a tax deduction. It is organized by the Mayor's Office of Special Events and they have the auction a couple of times a year. I would call them for the next auction date.

:o: Well, I'm certainly glad I didn't bother going to the auction then.

Martinigirl
12-04-2005, 11:50 PM
:o: Well, I'm certainly glad I didn't bother going to the auction then.

I used to work for MOSE, and the longer you wait after the event, the more the price will go down. The prices at the auction closest to the event always get the most money. It was true with the Bulls championship banners, and I am sure it will happen with the Sox banners as well. And there are a lot of banners to be auctioned.

steff
12-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Its still at the park in the patio area. It was right around Fathers Day in '05.

Mother's Day - May 7th.

Taliesinrk
12-05-2005, 11:52 AM

Let me second that.. Does anyone know if there are replicas avaliable of the actual flags flown for the championships ('06<-- I realize not flown, '17,'05)

NonetheLoaiza
12-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Let me second that.. Does anyone know if there are replicas avaliable of the actual flags flown for the championships ('06<-- I realize not flown, '17,'05)

Yea. I would like to know as well. A replica would be pretty awesome to have.

Taz
12-07-2005, 05:33 PM

I was there the first day... people were going nuts for any Sox banner... Each Sox item sold well over 1k each...

sircaffey1
12-07-2005, 08:10 PM
MLB.com auctions has a 1917 Championship Flag up for sale right now. Might want to check it out.

Paxson93
12-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Exit_Only

I was there the first day... people were going nuts for any Sox banner... Each Sox item sold well over 1k each...

FYI-- in the lobby of City Hall now they have a table set up for donations to the Greater Chicago Food Deposiory and with each $10 donation you get a raffle ticket for one of the Sox street banners. Not sure which one or how many they are going to raffle off though.