PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on ballpark ambience

we be jake
12-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Having taken my family to both Chicago baseball fields last summer, here are some of our observations: On the southside nothing drips on your head while standing at the urinals---White Sox fans are friendlier---At Comisky (as it always will be to me) there are no disgusting drunks scaring the SH** out of the kids---You can actually walk around the entire park @ Comisky---there is shade, if you so desire, @ Comisky---Your car isn't vandalized if you don't park in someones garage near the ballpark @ a sox game ---you don't have to have a fat sweatty drunk rubbing against you in your seat on the southside---you can actually go to the john without missing 2 innings @ Comisky--- you don't have to put up with vendors sliding in front of you constantly there either!!!! I could go on and on, but help me out people- what are some of your thoughts on the matter? I took the family to Wrigley after they experienced their first two WHITE SOX games, and guess what---they freakin' hated it!!!!:cool: we be jake
Oh yea, sox fans are better looking ,too!!!!

antitwins13
12-03-2005, 12:54 PM
White Sox fans are friendlier---At Comisky (as it always will be to me) there are no disgusting drunks scaring the SH** out of the kids---You can actually walk around the entire park

What about Ligue? Nice observations.:deadhorse:

WestSox
12-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Banned after four whole posts, eh? Wow... :tongue:

RallyBowl
12-03-2005, 01:00 PM
that didn't take long. I suspected something was funny about this guy. What exactly got him banned? Avoiding the language filter?

ChiSoxLifer
12-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Whoa. He left out quality baseball on the south side.

doogiec
12-03-2005, 01:32 PM
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who complains that the park is no longer called Comiskey but can't spell it properly should be banned immediately.

soxfan43
12-03-2005, 01:44 PM
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who complains that the park is no longer called Comiskey but can't spell it properly should be banned immediately.

I second that

CHEESESOXER
12-03-2005, 01:46 PM
As far as csalling it Comiskey or the cell, etc, I've been around for so long that I'll always habitually call it Sox Park.
I grew up calling it that and it just is automatic.

doogiec
12-03-2005, 01:54 PM
As far as csalling it Comiskey or the cell, etc, I've been around for so long that I'll always habitually call it Sox Park.

My point wasn't really that everyone needs to call it US Cellular, I really don't care. Personally I now call it that in recognition of the amount of money they spent to make the place much better than it used to be. But that argument has already been waged here a few times.

My point is that if you claim to have sooooo much respect for the Old Roman, at least know what the name was. Otherwise it seems fake to me.

WestSox
12-03-2005, 02:04 PM

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thought it was stupid to call it "Comiskey Park II" in the first place. To me, Comiskey Park was the beautiful old ballpark across the street.

"The Cell" or "Sox Park" are the most appropriate, IMO.

soxfan123
12-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Was he seriously banned for having a bad opinion? What was the reason?

Stoky44
12-03-2005, 02:57 PM
We be Jake ==> He GONE!!!

He avoided the language filter with a 4 letter word, even though he typed 2 letters. Its not that hard, just type the whole word, and then it will be fine. I think most people believe they have to filter their own thread, and in doing so get a ban. Read the rules before posting, or just don't use any suspect language.

If he was not banned for language, ban him for "Comisky"

Getting banned on post #4, :welcome: .

Stoky44
12-03-2005, 03:12 PM
I vote to delete and close this thread.

:threadsucks :whocares :tool

kevin57
12-03-2005, 05:21 PM
I find myself using "Comiskey," "Sox Park," or "The Cell" (but almost never U.S. Cellular) interchangeably. They're all fine with me. "The Cell," though, has a certain "coolness."

batmanZoSo
12-03-2005, 06:34 PM
I hate when people are adamant about still calling it Comiskey, but on the other hand to me it doesn't really matter what you call it because US Cellular isn't giving me any money to plug their name.

I want Mags back
12-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Was he seriously banned for having a bad opinion? What was the reason?

He avoiding the lang. filter by putting SH followed by ** to mean ****

Soxfanspcu11
12-03-2005, 06:54 PM
I hate when people are adamant about still calling it Comiskey, but on the other hand to me it doesn't really matter what you call it because US Cellular isn't giving me any money to plug their name.

I agree, but I hate it when people are adamant that it should be called US CELLULAR FIELD. I call it Comiskey, always have and always will, but I don't really care if people call it "The Cell" or "Comiskey" or "US Cellular Field" or whatever, to me that's just a lame reason to get upset about something. People should call it whatever they feel comfortable calling it.

I call it Comiskey because I grew up with it that way and I hate the massive commercialization of stadiums. And of course I love the new amenities at the park and I am well aware that they would not be possible without US Cellular, but I am a traditionalist when it comes to that, and my preference is to call it Comiskey. But either way, I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape if you call it one name or the other, who cares. As long as people don't start calling it "Wrigley Field South" then there is no need to kick people's teeth in.

Palehose13
12-03-2005, 10:46 PM
that didn't take long. I suspected something was funny about this guy. What exactly got him banned? Avoiding the language filter?

Yes, but I'm not taking credit for catching him cause I didn't. Anyone else find it odd that he claims to be 58 years old yet types like he is 15?

chisox
12-05-2005, 11:01 AM
a couple summers ago reps from us cellular were handing out shirts that said, "i still call it comiskey". i thought it was cool, it acknowledged both the old and new. it was also cool that us cellular was acknowledging the history of the name comiskey.

debating the legitimacy of one name over another is like debating whether to call chicago, chi-town, the chi, etc. in the end, everyone knows what you're referring to. it doesn't really get you anywhere, everyone has their own personal preferences.

IMO.

skottyj242
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM
a couple summers ago reps from us cellular were handing out shirts that said, "i still call it comiskey". i thought it was cool, it acknowledged both the old and new. it was also cool that us cellular was acknowledging the history of the name comiskey.

debating the legitimacy of one name over another is like debating whether to call chicago, chi-town, the chi, etc. in the end, everyone knows what you're referring to. it doesn't really get you anywhere, everyone has their own personal preferences.

IMO.

I think the shirts were from a rival cell phone company, if I remember right I think it was Verizon.