PDA

View Full Version : ihatethecubs gets on CS.com

Jerry_Manuel
12-20-2001, 05:59 PM
Ah...the memories (http://www.chicagosports.com/content/story/0,1984,170535,00.html)

I liked Carlos Lee's GRAND SLAM TO BEAT THE CUBBIES in the crosstown series! I was there and there was a little kid Cub fan crying on the way out... I couldn't stop laughing after I saw that! --Scott Armstrong, Chicago

Way to go Hate!

Here is another one I found sappy:The most memorable moment to me was when Sammy Sosa hit a home run and ran the bases holding a flag. This was after the Sept. 11 tragedy and it just brought goosebumps and tears to all of us here watching at the office. --Alice Mendoza, Fresno, Calif.

kermittheefrog
12-20-2001, 06:04 PM
Oh that Sammy. I know I had never felt any feeling (of disgust) like the feeling I got when he ran the bases with that flag.

voodoochile
12-20-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Oh that Sammy. I know I had never felt any feeling (of disgust) like the feeling I got when he ran the bases with that flag.

I was at that game... It was the only subway DH of the year. Last Sox home game during the day (Haaarold got to pinch hit in the seventh) and the flubbies at night. ShamMEMEMEME hits the homer in the first with two out and nobody on and pulls out his flag as he rounds the bases. Even my flubbie fan buddy thought it was cheesy. This is the same game when these yuppie gay boys (not that there's anything wrong with that) show up in the second inning and promptly ask me to remove the flags from my hat as they were interfering with their line of sight. There must have been thousands of people with flags in their hats at the game, as it was the flubbies first home game after the attacks and they put them at every seat. I get the idiots who can't look past his little world to something bigger right behind me. Needless to say, being the nice guy that I am, I did, but everything bad that happened to the flubbies after that, I waved those flags and cheered my ass off. They didn't pay attention to the game anyway and left in the seventh (shocking ). Not like it was an important game, it was only the first place Astros in mid-September with the flubbies in the playoff hunt . I also noticed that Wrigley has a cell phone tower over the left field bleachers. Appears to be attached to the ballpark itself. It was like a cliche' come to life...

CubKilla
12-20-2001, 08:47 PM
The most pathetic thing about the whole Sosux spectacle is that he isn't even a citizen of this country. If he loves America so much, become a citizen and pay taxes scumbag!!!!!

Starting in 2002, every Cub ticket holder will have to show proof of cellphone ownership before being allowed admittance to Wrigley Field.

I could go on and on but I have to work tomorrow.

ihatethecubs
12-20-2001, 09:00 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I CANT BELIEVE KNUE-MAN REALLY PUT IT UP!
i also sent another one saying my favorite 2001 sports moment was when he called us "techno-geeks" for ruining chicago survivor

Jerry_Manuel
12-20-2001, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I CANT BELIEVE KNUE-MAN REALLY PUT IT UP!
i also sent another one saying my favorite 2001 sports moment was when he called us "techno-geeks" for ruining chicago survivor

:knue
My favorite was when Frank Thomas got hurt.

RedPinStripes
12-21-2001, 12:05 AM
Just look at the guy. LOL!

:knue

I should register there and see how long it takes me to get booted since he's such a Scrub fan.

Nellie_Fox
12-21-2001, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
If he loves America so much, become a citizen and pay taxes scumbag!!!!!
Where'd you ever get the idea that non-citizens working in the U.S. don't pay taxes?

Iwritecode
12-21-2001, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I was at that game... It was the only subway DH of the year. Last Sox home game during the day (Haaarold got to pinch hit in the seventh) and the flubbies at night. ShamMEMEMEME hits the homer in the first with two out and nobody on and pulls out his flag as he rounds the bases. Even my flubbie fan buddy thought it was cheesy. This is the same game when these yuppie gay boys (not that there's anything wrong with that) show up in the second inning and promptly ask me to remove the flags from my hat as they were interfering with their line of sight. There must have been thousands of people with flags in their hats at the game, as it was the flubbies first home game after the attacks and they put them at every seat. I get the idiots who can't look past his little world to something bigger right behind me. Needless to say, being the nice guy that I am, I did, but everything bad that happened to the flubbies after that, I waved those flags and cheered my ass off. They didn't pay attention to the game anyway and left in the seventh (shocking ). Not like it was an important game, it was only the first place Astros in mid-September with the flubbies in the playoff hunt . I also noticed that Wrigley has a cell phone tower over the left field bleachers. Appears to be attached to the ballpark itself. It was like a cliche' come to life...

I was also at both of those games. The Cubs game was kind of a last minute decision after the Sox game. BTW Voodoo, Harold didn't pinch-hit. He pinch K'd...

Anyway, when Sammy came up I had <amazing coincedence> a sudden hunger attack <amazing coincedence/> and decided to go get some food. When I got down there I heard the crowd roar and knew exaclty what happened. Luckily for me they have TV's by the concession stands so I got to see Sammy run the bases with his flag. Needless to say I was much happier than most of the other 40,000 or so people there at the end of the night. Sox win, Cubs lose. Perfect day. I even walked around the entire park wearing my Sox sweatshirt, hat and coat and not one word was said to me. :smile:

If another 'el series' happens this year I want to go again. It was quite enjoyable.

RedPinStripes
12-21-2001, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I was also at both of those games. The Cubs game was kind of a last minute decision after the Sox game. BTW Voodoo, Harold didn't pinch-hit. He pinch K'd...

Anyway, when Sammy came up I had <amazing coincedence> a sudden hunger attack <amazing coincedence/> and decided to go get some food. When I got down there I heard the crowd roar and knew exaclty what happened. Luckily for me they have TV's by the concession stands so I got to see Sammy run the bases with his flag. Needless to say I was much happier than most of the other 40,000 or so people there at the end of the night. Sox win, Cubs lose. Perfect day. I even walked around the entire park wearing my Sox sweatshirt, hat and coat and not one word was said to me. :smile:

If another 'el series' happens this year I want to go again. It was quite enjoyable.

I went to the game when Lee hit the granny to win it and I was at the dump withe Wood vs. Burehle. Fortunatly, the Sox won both games. I was sitting right behind homeplate when Valentine was blowing kisses into the seats after he hit a homer. That was too good. No doubt about it. He was macking Sammy. I was surprised I wasn't messed with a little more while I proudly walked through the place with my Cubs suck shirt. It's the North side, they lay low.

FarWestChicago
12-21-2001, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I was sitting right behind homeplate when Valentine was blowing kisses into the seats after he hit a homer. That was too good.:manos

My name is Manos Valentin. There is no "e" on the end.

CLR01
12-21-2001, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:manos

My name is Manos Valentin. There is no "e" on the end.

"Yeah just like their should be an "n" before the "o" an not one after it."

:slowswing :):):):):)

RichH55
12-22-2001, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

"Yeah just like their should be an "n" before the "o" an not one after it."

:slowswing :):):):):)

Alright ...thats just way too much spelling for me to deal with....if Chris starts gloating about grammar...I'm out of this thread:)