PDA

View Full Version : Wow...North Really Bad on White Sox Weekly

TomBradley72
12-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Since it's the only show on town....I'll always be a listener of "White Sox Weekly"...but man North is HORRIBLE. He comes across as completely unprepared....a few random comments from this morning: "Chris Young? No one really talks about him."; "I heard you're going with green seats at the ballpark...is that true?"...it's like he just stumbles in from a late night out...no preparation, no real knowledge, no planning...just random monologues, topics and callers. Maybe this belongs in the Roadhouse....but very frustrating....as I finish this post...North is saying "I am caucasion man....here's my website"...pretty much wheezing because he went on a bender yesterday. Ugh.

Whitesox4ever
12-03-2005, 11:51 AM
I was so dam excited when I heard WSCR was going to do a Sox show this winter. Thought their would be rumors going on also interviews with sox players.

Have been totally disappointed the last 3 weeks with Mike North doing the show. Does this guy know anything about the Sox.

Fenway
12-03-2005, 11:55 AM
I was so dam excited when I heard WSCR was going to do a Sox show this winter. Thought their would be rumors going on also interviews with sox players.

Have been totally disappointed the last 3 weeks with Mike North doing the show. Does this guy know anything about the Sox.

I'm listening online. How this man has a full time job in the #3 radio market in the US is beyond me. This clown makes JT the Brick sound good which I didn't think was possible.

The Wimperoo
12-03-2005, 11:59 AM
I was listening on my way home from my girlfriend's house. It was brutal. He was going on and on about how the Twins are improving because they signed Castillo, might sign Thomas, Piazza, Mueller. The Indians are gearing up for a run at the Sox with all of the rumors they might get Nomar, Hoffman, and Byrd. He's a complete idiot. Then he was talking to Hawk, and he didn't even know who Chris Young was. He's a complete moron. It irritates me to no end that he gets to be the mouthpiece of White Sox fans.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Mike North just announced some great news: he won't be on next week! :bandance:

RallyBowl
12-03-2005, 12:01 PM
He just said he won't be on next week. He does sound horrible today, no doubt.

monkeypants
12-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I have to agree with everything that has been said so far. I was driving home from class this morning and happened to turn the show on. It sounded like they roused North up from his sleep after a night of drinking and put a microphone in front of him. He was completely unprepared and it is apparent that he doesn't follow the Sox very closely. Hundreds of posters on this site would have done a better job than North. It's a shame that he plays a small part in how the Sox are represented. I guess WSCR needs to get the most out of what they are paying him. Too bad they're not getting much.

:ass
"Hey, I resemble dat remark"

tebman
12-03-2005, 12:03 PM
I was listening on my way home from my girlfriend's house. It was brutal. He was going on and on about how the Twins are improving because they signed Castillo, might sign Thomas, Piazza, Mueller. The Indians are gearing up for a run at the Sox with all of the rumors they might get Nomar, Hoffman, and Byrd. He's a complete idiot. Then he was talking to Hawk, and he didn't even know who Chris Young was. He's a complete moron. It irritates me to no end that he gets to be the mouthpiece of White Sox fans.
WSCR doesn't care that you're irritated -- they only care that you're listening. The White Sox as World Champs are going to be a big draw for the station, and since the station is already paying North way, way too much money for doing whatever it is that he does, the station will put him to work.

If North really continues to be this bad, the advertisers need to hear about it. WSCR's bosses won't care as long as they know you were plugged in. They need the numbers.

Lip Man 1
12-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Which is why I suggest that you write WSCR (or e-mail) as well as the advertisers and let them know you will no longer listen to the show until North has been removed from it.

Just say it simply and as a matter of fact, then stick to it.

Lip

Soxfan35
12-03-2005, 12:28 PM
I just tuned in for the first time, this show is terrible. and this whiny cubs fan calling in right now talking about that crazy trade in the tribune is hilarious. they need to get some better hosts on this show ASAP

DickAllen72
12-03-2005, 12:31 PM
North sucks.

He's still reporting that Farmer says Gload is going to SD, even though Farmer admitted he was talking about Blum.

He's still under the mistaken impression that Ozzie isn't sold on Brian Anderson's defense in CF.

Last week he was going on and on about how the Sox were dissing Konerko by giving him an "ultimatum".

A caller suggested the Sox give Frank a contract "like Magglio got" in that Frank would have to play a certain number of games for more money to kick in. North responds, "No way will Frank get a contract like Magglio--theyre not going to pay Frank $75M!"

What a bozo.

Fenway
12-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Which is why I suggest that you write WSCR (or e-mail) as well as the advertisers and let them know you will no longer listen to the show until North has been removed from it.

Just say it simply and as a matter of fact, then stick to it.

Lip

Writing WSCR won't help, they will ignore you. You have to put the heat on Infinity in NYC. Chicago management will say everything is fine. However if they start hearing from listeners themselves they will react. That has been thir MO for years.

Infinity Broadcasting
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
212-846-3939
ATTENTION
JOEL HOLLANDER
CHAIRMAN AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

Hollander is the father of sports radio having started WFAN. When it comes to sports he is hands on. But he has to know White Sox fans are uneasy, because management at WSCR will not tell him that.

slavko
12-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Unprepared, uninformed, uneducated, inebriated. That's a superfecta for you. Plus, he manages to do it five other days of the week. There HAS to be a clause in his contract dealing with the inebriated part. INVOKE IT NOW!

dpbyron
12-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Unprepared, uninformed, uneducated, inebriated. That's a superfecta for you. Plus, he manages to do it five other days of the week. There HAS to be a clause in his contract dealing with the inebriated part. INVOKE IT NOW!

I agree. He is brutal. Complete lack of knowledge... Very frustrating. :angry:

twinsuck1
12-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Mike North Is terrible! How in the hell do you go out and party yourself to the point where you barely have a voice knowing damn well you have a talk show to host the following morning. I can't beleive his bosses let him get away with that crap. Then to top it all off, his lazy ass hosts the show from his house. Who does this guy think he his? I just hope that the Score replaces him on Saturdays Sox show real soon, and i also hope that this moron will not be sitting in with Ed Farmer for the regular season. Man would that suck!

103 screwball
12-03-2005, 09:35 PM
I tuned in to listen to the show. I ended up turning it off after 20 minutes. It was painful to listen to for the reasons others have stated. North is a sports shock jock. Maybe he is good at that. This show needs someone informed not someone to stir controversy.

duke of dorwood
12-03-2005, 09:40 PM
White Sox Baseball:

A first class team on a No Class frequency

TornLabrum
12-03-2005, 09:55 PM
I heard about 10 minutes of North today near the end of the show. Where are Bryan Dolgin and Dave Wills when we need them? Hell, where is Tony Accardo when we need him?!?

C-Dawg
12-03-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure who would be worse - North or Murph (Mr. "Who cares about Konerko, I'm still watching the newswire for word that my Cubbies have signed Rafael Furcal").

ChiSoxRowand
12-03-2005, 11:50 PM
I am thinking of emailing him and telling him to check out this site so he can see firsthand how much Sox fans hate him.

SOXSINCE'70
12-04-2005, 09:59 AM
North is HORRIBLE.

I've said it from day one.HE SUCKS!!What makes you think this windbag
is going to change his tune,even with the Sox on the SNORE?? I don't
listen to the SNORE anymore.I refuse.I haven't listened in 6 months.
Try "Baseball 365" on 'MVP.Even with that whiner Bruce Levineline,
there's much more content here,IMO.

Optipessimism
12-04-2005, 10:12 AM
I've never even bothered listening to it. When I heard "White Sox Weekly" I was excited. When I heard "North" I was insulted. Not a chance I listen to that crap.

Brian26
12-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Try "Baseball 365" on 'MVP.Even with that whiner Bruce Levineline,there's much more content here,IMO.

I caught a bit of Dolgin and Levine in the car yesterday just in time to hear another very awkward exchange. At 11:33, music started playing for a commercial break. Levine said this outloud, "It's 11:33, why is the music playing for a break?" Dolgin said, "Unbelievable (awkward pause) don't worry, the producer has everything under control."