PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Help?

Qdiddy
12-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Does everyone think our bullpen is set for 2006? I want to say, yes but I have a feeling that KW is going to get someone or somehow trade Marte which might create a hole in the bullpen. I maybe be wrong...just a feeling.

For some reason I'd love to pickup Chris Hammonds. I watched a few SD games and this guy has got to have the nastiest change up in the league. With a guy like him, and then bring in Jenks....OUCH! Goodluck. I'll take that everyday of the week.

Anyone else like Hammonds? I know he's old but I'd take him over Marte anyday right now.

Fredsox
12-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Actually I'm fairly content with the bullpen as it is now. Upgrading Marte is a "nice-to-have" but we have time to do that if we need to. With Jenks, Hemanson, Cotts, Marte, Politte, and Hernandez in the pen we are as strong or stronger than any other team in baseball.

TDog
12-03-2005, 12:17 PM
I've seen years when the Sox went into seasons with everyone thinking the bullpen would be lights out, but those weren't the best years for relief pitching.

What I do know is it's not a smart use of resources to pay millions of dollars for a pitcher who will throw less than 100 innings, many in games where his team is losing before he takes the mound.