PDA

View Full Version : How will Frank Thomas be remembered?

richb2
12-02-2005, 11:15 PM
How will baseball fans remember Frank Thomas? Will they remember him as a great hitter ? A selfish player who only thought of himself? A great player who finally turned into a team player towards the end of his career? I think it will be a combination of all three in some form.

ChiSoxLifer
12-02-2005, 11:18 PM
How will baseball fans remember Frank Thomas? Will they remember him as a great hitter ? A selfish player who only thought of himself? A great player who finally turned into a team player towards the end of his career? I think it will be be combination of all three in some form.

A hall of famer. Nothing less.

Banix12
12-02-2005, 11:35 PM
The greatest hitter in white sox history, just that.

soxinem1
12-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Not just the best Sox hitter of all time, but one of the game's best!

BV2005
12-02-2005, 11:58 PM
personally I'll remember him as the greatest hitter in White Sox History that stuck with the White Sox when everyone told him that if he wanted a ring he has to go elswhere. Frank was Mr. White Sox. I sure hope we didn't see his last game in a White Sox uniform but I fear we did.

chisox77
12-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Frank Thomas - Chicago White Sox - The Hall of Fame awaits The Big Hurt

:cool:

getonbckthr
12-03-2005, 12:23 AM
Sadly, "A great hitter who was selfish until he needed to rely on his teammates in the end."

ChiSoxIn06
12-03-2005, 08:06 AM
How will baseball fans remember Frank Thomas? Will they remember him as a great hitter ? A selfish player who only thought of himself? A great player who finally turned into a team player towards the end of his career? I think it will be a combination of all three in some form.

You took this post idea from friday's sun times didn't you?

Frankly Missing
12-03-2005, 08:19 AM
:mad: Me no like to hear bad things about Frank.

:tongue: Me say anyone who says bad things about Frank is steamng pile of poo.

RKMeibalane
12-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Frank Thomas will be remembered as the cornerstone of the Chicago White Sox franchise and as one of the greatest right-handed hitters in baseball history, because that's exactly what he is. Period.

kevin57
12-03-2005, 11:56 AM
The media will have its own "memories" of Frank which will have virtually nothing to do with how Sox fans will remember him.

richb2
12-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Since I do not live in chicago anymore but in San Jose I was curious how other Sox fans felt about him since his last days with the team are here. I think Frank Thomas is the greatest hitter of my generation and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame on the first ballot after he retires. I have to sadly say most baseball fans that I know that do not live in Chicago or fans of other teams do not think he is a Hall of Famer yet with his current numbers. I have to say a lot of baseball fans that live outside of chicago have very negative feelings towards Frank but are happy he got his ring. In my eyes he is a Hall of Famer but he did have some strange years with his mood swings.

antitwins13
12-03-2005, 01:22 PM
He will be remembered as the greatest legend in Sox history. His greatness will be past down from generation to generation. He is our Babe Ruth.

CHEESESOXER
12-03-2005, 01:49 PM
How did this time pass so quickly?:(:

Optipessimism
12-03-2005, 03:52 PM
The most intimidating presence that ever stood in a batters box.

gowhitesox
12-03-2005, 03:57 PM
The greatest hitter in white sox history, just that.

You summed it up correctly the greatest hitter in White Sox history. He also stayed with the Sox all these years despite this day in age of free agency.