PDA

View Full Version : What about Jacque Jones?

whitesoxfan1986
12-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Ozzie wants a #2 hitter and another LH bat. This guy would be perfect, If Uncle Jerry wants to increase payroll a bit. Could you see him here, with Pods moving to CF?

Banix12
12-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Ozzie wants a #2 hitter and another LH bat. This guy would be perfect, If Uncle Jerry wants to increase payroll a bit. Could you see him here, with Pods moving to CF?

He's been suggested before and again, no.

I don't believe he would ever get on base enough to be an effective #2 hitter, just to reply to that suggestion. His baserunning ablity says #2 but his bat doesn't belong there.

His bat is comparible to Carl Everett, which can be good and bad. He's got power but he doesn't get on base at a regularly good clip.He does play solid defense, which is good.

Neither of those are really bad qualities but he will be looking for a 2-3 year deal at probably 5-7 million dollars a year. I think that is a bit much to pay for Carl Everett without the knee problems. Especially when the sox have players with a potentially greater upside in the minors.

Spend the increase in payroll on resigning the pitchers

Tragg
12-02-2005, 10:39 PM
There is nothing wrong with playing rookies, especially promising ones, who almost assuredly will play stellar D and putting them 8th or 9th in the batting order to take the pressure off of them. Beats mediocre, declining vets any day of the week.
Podsednik can't play an above average center field.

Nellie_Fox
12-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Jones is a strikeout machine. No thanks.

JUribe1989
12-03-2005, 12:43 AM
NO!
He K's way too much, has a horrible attitude, and is dismal against lefties.

soxinem1
12-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Let the Devil Rays or Royals have him.

Sox are too deep in the OF, give the kids a chance, they all have a shot at being excellent major leaguers. Even Borchard can make this group, if he wants!

SoxSpeed22
12-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Let the Devil Rays or Royals have him.

Sox are too deep in the OF, give the kids a chance, they all have a shot at being excellent major leaguers. Even Borchard can make this group, if he wants!Let's see him go to the Pirates, Marlins or Rockies. His stats are biased by the fact that he homered, practically every game he faced us. Neither I, or most Sox players, want to see him in a Sox uniform. Part of an organization is developing young talent. We're not like the Yankees where we can have an all veteran, fantasy team.

Fredsox
12-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Another point, do we really want to move Pods to CF? He really doesn't have the arm for that. If we're not confident that Mr. Anderson can do the job then let's get a proven CF player who can both field his position effectively and hit in the #2 slot.

My personal opinion is that we should give Mr. Anderson a try. He has enormous offensive potential (a little worried about his bat control) and I think he's complete defensively.