PDA

View Full Version : Moronotti speaks about Alou

Foulke You
12-20-2001, 04:35 PM
I can't wait 'til Alou and my Cubbies beat the Scum Sox! :moron

My #1 team! (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay201.html)

WinningUgly!
12-20-2001, 09:21 PM
The point of an offseason is to manufacture smiles and hope. The Cubs have done precisely that.
I was smilin' & hopin' a few years back much the same way when we signed Al Belle! I predict similar successes for the North Siders...all Cubbie hope will be lost by mid-May!

While the White Sox ponder slapping a painful corporate name on Comiskey Park instead of building a new ballpark in the South Loop with the ownership's money, the No. 1 team in town has improved the product and stolen headlines.
C'mon KB, you were so close to getting all the way through your little Cubbie column without taking your usual shots at the Sox. Thank God Samme & the boys play in uncorporately named WRIGLEY Field, right? I have a corporate sponsor for you...Red Wing work boots. It involves some strategic product placement...how 'bout slapping a painful size 11 so far up your a$$, you'll be able to floss your teeth with the laces!?

czalgosz
12-20-2001, 09:48 PM
He is right about Delino DeShields... he does suck. And the Cubs will have no table setters - no OBP guys there.

:shammy

You want to hit a dinger, you gotta be a swinger!

CubKilla
12-21-2001, 03:56 PM
Too F'n funny Winning Ugly! Was shocked though to see Farrioti admit that the St. Louis Cardinals are still the team to beat in the NL Central. That whole signing Tino Martinez and everything..... Admitting that fact must have made Farrioti's "Cubbie blue" blood boil over.

RichH55
12-22-2001, 08:20 AM
Good old Delino....my first response to my cub friends joy...who's playing CF over there anyway? Delino, Geradi, CF, P, Alex G.? THose 3-4-5 hitters had better hit