PDA

View Full Version : 2006

ChiSoxLifer
12-02-2005, 05:47 PM
I love this team and can't wait for the season to start. I just can't stand the thought of #35 not being with the team. It really just makes me sick to my stomach. Now I've read the twins are interested in signing him if his ankle is healthy enough. Ack!

delben91
12-02-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm with you, I love Frank Thomas, I became a Sox fan because of him. But I see the logic in moving on from the Sox point of view.

But forget all that for a minute. I cannot ****ing wait until opening day. I will be there. Flying out from New Jersey. And I'll be back at least twice next summer. It will be glorious on so many levels.

BV2005
12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
It will make me sick seing him in a twins uniform since they have been our division rivals for so many years, he might as well play for the Cubs.

CHEESESOXER
12-03-2005, 02:20 PM
It will make me sick seing him in a twins uniform since they have been our division rivals for so many years, he might as well play for the Cubs.

There's a thought that needs to be BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNED!!

How could you possibly insult a good man like Frank in this way?:(:

RKMeibalane
12-03-2005, 02:46 PM
What I'm going to say isn't going to be popular, but I feel compelled to say it anyway.

Frank Thomas is without question the greatest player the Sox franchise has ever had. He is their Babe Ruth, their baseball icon. That being said, he is not irreplacable. The Yankees are doing just fine without Babe Ruth. The Red Sox are doing fine without Ted Williams. Teams move on, and the White Sox are prepared to do the same. As Sox fans, we must also be willing to do this.

If someone had come to me three or four years ago and said that Frank wouldn't finish his career with the Sox, I would have been beside myself with anger and frustration. Like many of you, there was a time when I couldn't imagine the Chicago White Sox being without the Big Hurt. But then 2005 happened, and it became clear that while Frank can still play the game of baseball, he is no longer necessary for the Sox to win. The Sox won the World Series, and they did so, for the most part, without him. That fact cannot be ignored. Frank has contributed more to the Chicago White Sox than any other player in this team's history, but it is clear that he is no longer needed.

I wish Frank the best in whatever he chooses to do next season, and beyond. When the day of his HOF induction arrives, I will be in attendance to see him take his place amongst baseball's elite.